AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 20:48   Link #141
IHaveCrayons

Wow I really like your rain effects. Very nice touch.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 19:53   Link #142
Hakuryu
Klutz

^ Thank you very much~
Old 2008-04-02, 22:36   Link #143
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
I'm kinda in need of suggestions for a new sig I'm making. ^^;

Since a couple people said I should make a Colette sig for the SOTM contest, here's a really, really, early start on what I'm working on.

I'm wondering if I should keep the wings on her or not? And I'm trying to figure out how to make animated feathers falling. Does anyone know of a good tutorial about doing that. I tried google...but I can't find something I can follow easily.
I think this sig is off to a good start, and yes, personally I think you should keep the wings, they're a nice touch. Falling feathers huh? I know jack about animation, but perhaps you could apply the whole flower petal falling action thing to the feathers...didn't Riker have some tutorial on that?
Anyways, keep up the work, it'll be fun to have you in the competition this month ^_^

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 01:52   Link #144
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
No animated sig this time...but...bad sig is bad. Dx

And yes, that is Colette yet again. x3
That Really Lovely Sig...Look Very Peaceful ^.^
Good Work on it Haku-Chan
Old 2008-04-05, 18:41   Link #145
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I think this sig is off to a good start, and yes, personally I think you should keep the wings, they're a nice touch. Falling feathers huh? I know jack about animation, but perhaps you could apply the whole flower petal falling action thing to the feathers...didn't Riker have some tutorial on that?
Anyways, keep up the work, it'll be fun to have you in the competition this month ^_^
I asked Riker if he had some sort of tutorial for it, he hadn't made one unfortunately. I think I'll give up on animating that...I'm just not sure what to do with the darn background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
That Really Lovely Sig...Look Very Peaceful ^.^
Good Work on it Haku-Chan
Aww, thank you Chaos-chan~

As an update, there are only avatars this time~
Spoiler for Lots of avatars~:
Old 2008-04-06, 08:30   Link #146
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
(First of all I must warn those who will rep me negatively that I don't care. I'm here to give my opinion whether people like it or not.)

Anyway, I came here because of some ugly signature I've seen on someone. After goofing around the whole thread I guess I should post some criticism.

Quote:
A new Okami set for me.

-Sig-
I found it on the middle of this thread.
I'm not commenting on this one in particular, I'll take the general of what I've seen in this whole thread.

I guess you actually understand that your skills for avatars are very good while your skills for signatures actually aren't any.
And it's making me sick that everyone says the signatures are very good and seeing that like that you won't make any progress at all.

IMHO, indeed the problems about these are not the renders, but rather the context and the effects you do or don't apply.

Maybe you should look at other threads like Sephi's or Klashikari's to know what I mean with what definitely makes a signature good/lovely (in fact it's not what I quoted before).

I do not want you to become any depressed with this at all, please see this purely as an opinion and mature with it.

PS:
This is the best signature you have so and by far:
Quote:
Yup, she's my favorite character from that series. ^^
Thank you, and I like your Kratos sig.

New boring sig for me~

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:57   Link #147
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldron View Post
(First of all I must warn those who will rep me negatively that I don't care. I'm here to give my opinion whether people like it or not.)

Anyway, I came here because of some ugly signature I've seen on someone. After goofing around the whole thread I guess I should post some criticism.

I found it on the middle of this thread.
I'm not commenting on this one in particular, I'll take the general of what I've seen in this whole thread.

I guess you actually understand that your skills for avatars are very good while your skills for signatures actually aren't any.
And it's making me sick that everyone says the signatures are very good and seeing that like that you won't make any progress at all.

IMHO, indeed the problems about these are not the renders, but rather the context and the effects you do or don't apply.

Maybe you should look at other threads like Sephi's or Klashikari's to know what I mean with what definitely makes a signature good/lovely (in fact it's not what I quoted before).

I do not want you to become any depressed with this at all, please see this purely as an opinion and mature with it.
Wow...that hit me kind of hard at first.
Oh, well. I understand where you're coming from. I really don't believe I'm much of a sig person. I tend to focus on animating avatars instead, since I'm confident in doing so. Although I wouldn't say that I don't have any skills in making sigs at all, as you've stated. I admit, I'm not as good as most people here. I will take your comments to heart and try my best to improve.

As a matter of fact, I've tried a "kind of" new style since my old one didn't seem very good at all. Here's an experiment on a request on another forum.
Old 2008-04-06, 23:34   Link #148
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

*sneaks up behind you and wraps a bandanna around your forehead with the words "fighto!" on it*

Regardless of what level anyone is at, I think the important thing is to experiment and to just plain have fun. I think you are wonderful at making avatars and have the potential to be great at making sigs. And no, I'm not just being nice because I like you, I'm being honest. I love the sigs you've made for me, and you always hit that love for cuteness in me with all the colors and renders that you choose.
About your sig:
Quote:
Methinks that it's very cute but also too empty on the sides. It seems to be pretty consistent with your signatures, but right now she's kinda slapped on the front. You should try blending the render in more for the heck of it, you might be surprised with what you get

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:26   Link #149
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

@Haku-chan: I wouldn't say "your pathetic" or "you suck" because, you don't. We all have a right to speak our opinion, but it's only opinionated from our point of view. For example, I ADORE that sig you made for Marina. You have a unique style, of simplistic sigs with a touch of animation, and if you like what your doing atm, just be proud and continue enjoying the art of sig making.
Something to make your sigs a little more unique - play with some effects on photoshop and take a look at a few tutorials. I for one still do that, and gradually the more I know about photoshop and gfx, the more I am happy to continue making sigs.
I'm kind of blabbering off to lala land now, so i'll just end it with a "keep it up".

OT: That's weird. I've never posted in here before. I swear I thought I posted here on the 2nd page. =\
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 08:06   Link #150
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Quote:
Wow...that hit me kind of hard at first.
Oh, well. I understand where you're coming from. I really don't believe I'm much of a sig person. I tend to focus on animating avatars instead, since I'm confident in doing so. Although I wouldn't say that I don't have any skills in making sigs at all, as you've stated.
I've stated it by comparison, try replacing "any" with "any good" if it sounds better for you.

Quote:
I admit, I'm not as good as most people here.
You're wrong, you are much better than most people here, otherwise I wouldn't even bother posting.

However, I've seen your devart and your drawing skills are quite good, I suggest you try to develop them in the midwhile.

EDIT:
I usually like being honest, always saying it's awesome and it's good doesn't help anyone at all.

Old 2008-04-07, 08:13   Link #151
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Second What Marina-Chan And Kusami-Chan Said ^.^
Your Really Good At Making Sig And Ava *Better Than Me*

About The New Sig...Huarhi Look Cute In The Sig
Keep Up The Good Work
Old 2008-04-07, 22:04   Link #152
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
@Haku-chan: I wouldn't say "your pathetic" or "you suck" because, you don't. We all have a right to speak our opinion, but it's only opinionated from our point of view. For example, I ADORE that sig you made for Marina. You have a unique style, of simplistic sigs with a touch of animation, and if you like what your doing atm, just be proud and continue enjoying the art of sig making.
Something to make your sigs a little more unique - play with some effects on photoshop and take a look at a few tutorials. I for one still do that, and gradually the more I know about photoshop and gfx, the more I am happy to continue making sigs.
I'm kind of blabbering off to lala land now, so i'll just end it with a "keep it up".
Thank you so much Kasumi-chan. I really do appreciate your comments. Now that I look back, my sigs are quite plain...xD I'll be looking up quite a few tutorials, do you have any place in mind?

Quote:
*sneaks up behind you and wraps a bandanna around your forehead with the words "fighto!" on it*

Regardless of what level anyone is at, I think the important thing is to experiment and to just plain have fun. I think you are wonderful at making avatars and have the potential to be great at making sigs. And no, I'm not just being nice because I like you, I'm being honest. I love the sigs you've made for me, and you always hit that love for cuteness in me with all the colors and renders that you choose.
About your sig:

Methinks that it's very cute but also too empty on the sides. It seems to be pretty consistent with your signatures, but right now she's kinda slapped on the front. You should try blending the render in more for the heck of it, you might be surprised with what you get
Thanks as always Marina-chan. I'm so glad you like my sigs for their simplicity, I think I'll be looking up tutorials to add more things to them. I get stuck on the background and trying to fill it up. I'm re-doing the Haruhi sig so stay tuned.

Quote:
I've stated it by comparison, try replacing "any" with "any good" if it sounds better for you.

You're wrong, you are much better than most people here, otherwise I wouldn't even bother posting.

However, I've seen your devart and your drawing skills are quite good, I suggest you try to develop them in the midwhile.

EDIT:
I usually like being honest, always saying it's awesome and it's good doesn't help anyone at all.
No, it doesn't sound better at all to me, but it's okay nonetheless.

Ooh, the way you posted made me thing that I wasn't up to par with the other graphic people here. And I'm surprised you think my drawing skills are good at all to tell you the truth. I really do appreciate you being honest, it's given me a new look on making sigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Second What Marina-Chan And Kusami-Chan Said ^.^
Your Really Good At Making Sig And Ava *Better Than Me*

About The New Sig...Huarhi Look Cute In The Sig
Keep Up The Good Work
Aww, I'm not better than you Chaos-chan. ^^; But thank you so much for the compliment.

Experimenting is quite fun. I'm staying with my more simplistic style for this one until I find the time when I wanna look up tutorials. Any comments would be very much appreciated. =3

-Lightened Version-

And that is Moe-cha....I mean Miyuki-chan.
Old 2008-04-07, 22:32   Link #153
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

Regardless of what level anyone is at, I think the important thing is to experiment and to just plain have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
if you like what your doing atm, just be proud and continue enjoying the art of sig making.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Hakuryu, I like the dark version a bit more, but maybe a middle version between the dark and light one would look even better.
Old 2008-04-07, 22:59   Link #154
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

I prefer the light one and maybe change the text color to a more darker pink rather than a lavender~ish color.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 10:02   Link #155
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Quote:
Thank you so much Kasumi-chan. I really do appreciate your comments. Now that I look back, my sigs are quite plain...xD I'll be looking up quite a few tutorials, do you have any place in mind?
Well said is well, Kasumi-chan is also a person of my respect.

Quote:
No, it doesn't sound better at all to me, but it's okay nonetheless.
I'm sorry I guess.

Quote:
Ooh, the way you posted made me thing that I wasn't up to par with the other graphic people here.
Indeed you're not, you're much better than most people here.

Quote:
And I'm surprised you think my drawing skills are good at all to tell you the truth.
There are other things you should be surprised at, and it's not that, believe me
Quote:
I really do appreciate you being honest, it's given me a new look on making sigs.
I'm positive.

Quote:

-Lightened Version-
Well, putting apart my personal preferences, I say the lightened version is interesting.

Old 2008-04-08, 17:20   Link #156
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Meh, many of my signatures are plain too. ^^ Often I see people pick out something they like and it's surprising to me because it's something I didn't think would be that interesting (on the other side of that, something I thought was good others would say wasn't ). People also seem to like lots of c4d and lighting and stuff, which I admit is a big learning curve trying to make it look good. And then it's also tough putting it into your own style so that you don't come across as a copycat. ><

Usually when I look for tutorials, I just browse graphics forums or use Google. Searching for something like "photoshop tutorials" or something more specific like "animated rain photoshop" can turn up some stuff to try out.

Two sites I have bookmarked atm have some interesting things to try out. I've followed some of their links offsite for some other tutorials as well. In the end it all comes down to practice. If you keep at it and try new things, you'll improve noticeably.

http://psdtuts.com/

http://www.3dtotal.com/ps100/pstut100.html

Hopefully you'll find something good to try out. Good luck!
Old 2008-04-08, 17:44   Link #157
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Tutorial are pointless, the most efficient way to create good tag is listen to /touhou/ albums and it'll turns your inspiration on like crack.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:56   Link #158
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Hakuryu, I like the dark version a bit more, but maybe a middle version between the dark and light one would look even better.
Thank you Daniel-kun. ^^

Here's the version in the middle of the two.

Quote:
Well said is well, Kasumi-chan is also a person of my respect.
I'm sorry I guess.
Indeed you're not, you're much better than most people here.
There are other things you should be surprised at, and it's not that, believe me
I'm positive.
I'll be sure to strengthen my sig skills, I was never very confindent with them to begin with anyway. But, again, I thank you for your honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Meh, many of my signatures are plain too. ^^ Often I see people pick out something they like and it's surprising to me because it's something I didn't think would be that interesting (on the other side of that, something I thought was good others would say wasn't ). People also seem to like lots of c4d and lighting and stuff, which I admit is a big learning curve trying to make it look good. And then it's also tough putting it into your own style so that you don't come across as a copycat. ><

Usually when I look for tutorials, I just browse graphics forums or use Google. Searching for something like "photoshop tutorials" or something more specific like "animated rain photoshop" can turn up some stuff to try out.

Two sites I have bookmarked atm have some interesting things to try out. I've followed some of their links offsite for some other tutorials as well. In the end it all comes down to practice. If you keep at it and try new things, you'll improve noticeably.

http://psdtuts.com/

http://www.3dtotal.com/ps100/pstut100.html

Hopefully you'll find something good to try out. Good luck!
Yes, I noticed c4d is really hard to get to look right, I do appreciate those sites. I'll be sure to read up on some tips that'll help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Tutorial are pointless, the most efficient way to create good tag is listen to /touhou/ albums and it'll turns your inspiration on like crack.
You and touhou.

Um, I don't have any sigs or avatars to show...so I'll show a drawing I guess. This is my most recent drawing I've done. Keep in mind that I CANNOT color at all. >.>
Spoiler for large image:

Here's the url from my dA as well.
http://chibihakuryu.deviantart.com/a...stume-81031683
Old 2008-04-10, 21:36   Link #159
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Thank you Daniel-kun. ^^

Here's the version in the middle of the two.
Say... can you change the height to 120 pixels?

I'll like to use it while keeping the links below my sig.
Old 2008-04-10, 21:43   Link #160
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Say... can you change the height to 120 pixels?

I'll like to use it while keeping the links below my sig.
Wow, sure. Here you go. ^^

Tags