AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 14:26   Link #1
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Out of Office Messages - Anyone fluent in French?

Could anyone fluent in French translate this for me please?

"AFK... Will be back on March 1st. Please leave your message after the full stop."

I would use a machine translation but I want it to sound native.

Also, if anyone can think of any subtle Anime/Game/Manga related out-of-office messages that a normal person wouldn't pick up but fans will, let me know too. Nothing ecchi though =P
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 15:08   Link #2
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Can you clarify on three things:

1. Are you really sure you want to say away from keyboard in a voice recording?

2. Is this your personal voice recording? Like "I'll be back in the office on March 1st"? or is it something like "This office is closed. We will be available again on March 1st"

3. Is this an actual vocal message or text in a blog/article/literature? That also makes a difference.

*I'll try to help you out when you clarify. But I gonna be out for rest of tonight so expect reply tmr or something
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 16:01   Link #3
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

''AKF. je serais de retour le premier Mars. Veuillez laisser votre message après l'arrêt complet'' ( I would rather say ''après le bip'' if it fit with how the machine work ) .
Old 2012-03-15, 16:30   Link #4
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Can you clarify on three things:

1. Are you really sure you want to say away from keyboard in a voice recording?

2. Is this your personal voice recording? Like "I'll be back in the office on March 1st"? or is it something like "This office is closed. We will be available again on March 1st"

3. Is this an actual vocal message or text in a blog/article/literature? That also makes a difference.

*I'll try to help you out when you clarify. But I gonna be out for rest of tonight so expect reply tmr or something
It's just a joke for my colleagues since they don't know how to set an out-of-office message up in their e-mail program without using an automated guide. So when one of them is away on holiday, we always end up getting their notices when sending jokes around the team... This is just my way of "returning the favour", lol.

It's just an automated reply in emails which is why I put "AFK" in it. I want it to be in a serious tone but with "leave a message after the full stop", hopefully they'll get I'm joking around
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 06:28   Link #5
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Ah, Ganbaru got it for you. Yeah I thought 'after the fullstop' was rather strange, but if it's that kind of joke, then apres l'arret complet would be spot on.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 07:01   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

AFK is a purely English (away from keyboard) acronym, so you might want to replace it (if your colleagues are internet lingo-illiterate) by "Je suis maintenant en déplacement" or "Je ne suis pas disponible pour le moment".

But you can add "après le bip sonore" ("after the beep/tone") if you want to make it clear it's a joke.

Or add "don't forget to push the star button to conclude your message" ("N'oubliez pas de presser la touche étoile pour conclure votre message").