AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-04, 06:07   Link #41
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Ace died two years ago.

And I'm not trolling. I'm just beeing logical. The fact that Sabo survived 12 years ago (and was alive 2 years ago) has nothing to do with the question whether he is alive in the present or not. Those are two completely different things and we cannot conclude from one to the other.
Fact is: We don't know if he is alive at present until we get a confirmation.
No, the fact is, One Piece is a story, and not actual events in another world.

You need to look at it from the storytelling point of view and not "what can happen in a world".
What is the point of hinting his visit to the grave if he's going to be offed off-panel, without contributing to the story? What was the point of depicting hits of his survival 12 years ago in the first place?

"but anything could happen in blah blah" is not a valid argument, because events in a story happen for purpose of the story.

No, seriously. How many more times am I going to end up saying "I told you so"?
Your odds arguing me on this is stacked against you, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
If Sabo's alive, then we might as well say that Gol D. Rogers and Ace is alive, since we just disregarded the fact that the mountain bandits said he's dead and it was stated in the data book as deceased. Let just use some way out guesses like Dragon was holding an injured kid which is Sabo and it was a Gol D. Rogers look alike and an Ace clone that died. The reason Sabo's death didn't have that much impact was because Oda already showed Ace's death which was really sad before that.
Yeah uh, go read the SBS and the cover stories again.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-09-04 at 06:39.
Old 2013-09-04, 06:19   Link #42
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Best part of the chapter: a phone snail with beard braids and a flippin 'stache!
Old 2013-09-04, 06:27   Link #43
golgo13

Happy to see barto is a fan, didn't think he would be school girl giddy fan lol..

Blackbeards den den mushi is one of the best so far.

It sounds like BB and Burgess think Shiliew and Aokiji have something in common, maybe a personality trait or goal. I wonder what it is..
Old 2013-09-04, 06:37   Link #44
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, I think Bartholomew will be Strawhat's stalker while Rebecca joined the crew
that will be perfect

too many things happened in one chapter....
and to see how Luffy maintain his emotion when meeting Blackbeard showed how mature he is right now

soon, this arc will reach its climax, right?
Old 2013-09-04, 06:40   Link #45
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Rebecca looks too much like Nami.
Old 2013-09-04, 06:51   Link #46
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Rebecca looks too much like Nami.
It's because Oda can't draw females and probably won't ever, unless some abominations.
No need in denying this.
Old 2013-09-04, 06:52   Link #47
Homura7

Well, just as I thought Rebecca didn't have any intention to kill Luffy, as this "besides, you didn't" implies.
Old 2013-09-04, 06:56   Link #48
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Oh man, this chapter is awesome... Best part for me is Bartolomeo's fanboy behaviour, that was hilarious! Would he still look up to Luffy if he knew it was Dragon that saved him back then in Logue town? But perhaps that doesn't really matter anymore, and that was the icing on the cake .

Also funny how Chinjao trying to express his thanks goes awry (not surprising though since he split the floor by bowing in gratitude.

I have to say that Rebecca's attack on Luffy was still out of character, but I supposeshe was kinda cajoled by the other gladiators into doing it. Obviously it was a desperate move on their part considering how they are condemned to keep fighting till they die. A lot of them were already in pretty bad shape, missing hands etc. Pretty gruesome. Well that makes more allies for the fight against Dofla's regime. Looks like a huge war is brewing!
Old 2013-09-04, 07:04   Link #49
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I have to say that Rebecca's attack on Luffy was still out of character, but I supposeshe was kinda cajoled by the other gladiators into doing it.
Not anymore, since luffy noted she didn't have any intention to kill him.
Old 2013-09-04, 07:13   Link #50
Veviticus

Rebecca was hesitant in attacking luffy. The other gladiators probably talked her into attacking luffy to show that she stands no chance in winning the tournament and should back out of it.

I wanted Rebecca to join, but she looks like another nami. Every member has been very unique in their looks thus far so I'm really doubting that she'll join.
Old 2013-09-04, 07:13   Link #51
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
It's because Oda can't draw females and probably won't ever, unless some abominations.
No need in denying this.
True, but I would have thought he would've improved on this aspect by now. His art in general has gotten a lot better compared to when he first started.
Old 2013-09-04, 07:21   Link #52
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Not anymore, since luffy noted she didn't have any intention to kill him.
That's not how I interpreted Luffy's response, I took it to mean that she didn't manage to kill him so it's fine. Trying to stab someone in the face seems like an intent to kill to me, even if she hesitated doing it.

That being said, with Luffy's carefree reaction, Rebecca getting emotional, and with the gladiators' circumstances becoming clear, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a chance to join the crew (backstory is still lacking but this chapter did show the first tiny flashback). Or that she might simply get the Meramera fruit from Luffy. Or both.
Old 2013-09-04, 07:43   Link #53
JonSnow

Now it all makes sense. Why Rebecca and Ricky hates Doflamingo so much. They were all prisoners, condemned to stay a prisoner till they win a 1,000 matches. It also explains why no participants were coming out of the coliseum. That also explains why Doflamingo said the losers go straight to hell.
Old 2013-09-04, 07:56   Link #54
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, the fact is, One Piece is a story, and not actual events in another world.

You need to look at it from the storytelling point of view and not "what can happen in a world".
What is the point of hinting his visit to the grave if he's going to be offed off-panel, without contributing to the story? What was the point of depicting hits of his survival 12 years ago in the first place?

"but anything could happen in blah blah" is not a valid argument, because events in a story happen for purpose of the story.

No, seriously. How many more times am I going to end up saying "I told you so"?
Your odds arguing me on this is stacked against you, man.
I think some of you are missing his point. He actually believes Sabo is alive but since he hasn't been shown (no shadows no nothing) makes him being alive a speculation thus he could still turn out to be dead. Mind you I doubt Oda would've foreshadowed him this much only to kill him off but it's not exactly set in stone, it's more like liquid concrete at this point, it just has to set (a nice Sabo outline would do the trick).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
That's not how I interpreted Luffy's response, I took it to mean that she didn't manage to kill him so it's fine. Trying to stab someone in the face seems like an intent to kill to me, even if she hesitated doing it.

That being said, with Luffy's carefree reaction, Rebecca getting emotional, and with the gladiators' circumstances becoming clear, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a chance to join the crew (backstory is still lacking but this chapter did show the first tiny flashback). Or that she might simply get the Meramera fruit from Luffy. Or both.
Let's just assume Luffy beats Dofla and his crew and frees the island. These convicts are then restored to proper citizenry and all is well, now here's the question: Why would she leave?
Her dream isn't like Nami's (who wants to map the world) or Usopps (who wants to be a brave warrior of the sea), she just wants to be strong to fight the injustice of Dressrosa and not having to rely on someone. Her joining the crew wouldn't serve any purpose
Old 2013-09-04, 08:17   Link #55
JonSnow

Quote:
Let's just assume Luffy beats Dofla and his crew and frees the island. These convicts are then restored to proper citizenry and all is well, now here's the question: Why would she leave?
Her dream isn't like Nami's (who wants to map the world) or Usopps (who wants to be a brave warrior of the sea), she just wants to be strong to fight the injustice of Dressrosa and not having to rely on someone. Her joining the crew wouldn't serve any purpose
What if Rebecca decides to go global in her fight against injustice, instead of just Dressrosa? She's pretty, honest and hot in her flaming armor, that's if Luffy decides to let her have the mera mera no mi.
Old 2013-09-04, 09:16   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seeing Bart fangirling over Luffy was hilarious. "Kyaa, I'm too shy to speak to Luffy-senpai~". It's hard to believe this is the same dude who is feared and hated by everybody. With him and Chinjao (plus his crew), Luffy's got some strong allies. Cabbage will most likely eventually let go of his grudge too.

I'm rather intrigued by the conversation between Blackbeard and Burgess. They mentioned they don't trust Aokiji... what kind of relationship do they have?

I don't know if Rebecca will join the crew but I'm pretty sure Luffy will give her the mera mera fruit after she earns his sympathy (which is already happening). She's the type of person Luffy likes. Plus she gave him food, I could totally imagine Luffy giving her the fruit to eat to pay her back
Old 2013-09-04, 09:17   Link #57
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Even if she has no particular reason to join the crew, that doesn't preclude that she might be asked by Luffy. However, we don't know all that much about her yet, so it's too soon to tell if she might be interested. Not sure what her role would be, apart from perhaps being the logia user of the crew (if she were to get the Meramera fruit). For now, she does seem preoccupied with living with mr. Soldier though.
Old 2013-09-04, 09:21   Link #58
Saajm

Guys i know this may sound foolish but take a look at this!

When Luffy hears Blackbeards laugh from the snail-phone, take a cloose look at what BB is saying!

"Isn't Shiliew the same though?" Shiliew used to work for the World Government

And then Jesus Burges said "But, You see, I can't trust Aokiji" Who also used to work for the WG.

Isn't this quite obvious? I don't know why but I think that Aokiji wants to join the Blackbeards. I know it may sound strange and Its just what I think. Well Aokiji wont be loyal to BB
Old 2013-09-04, 09:30   Link #59
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Barty's fanboyism was so brilliant, I couldn't stop laughing the whole time xD

Rebecca has a tragic past? Welp, another point to her possible Nakamaship.

Finally......................I TOLD YOU! I told you Caribou would come back to save grandma!
Old 2013-09-04, 09:39   Link #60
Spammowarrior

So, listen to my theory:

Sabo was saved on that day, but not by Dragon! He was saved by vegapunk. Vegapunk gave him an artificial clone clone fruit.
Flash forward several years, Ace sets out to the sea. Pretty soon Sabo finds him, kills him, clones his face and absorbs his devil fruit in pretty much the same way Blackbeard absorbed Whitebeard's.
Goes on for years pretending to be Ace. Gets captured by Blackbeard, then gets dead.
Now Blackbeard steals Sabo's ability to absorb devil fruits (still not clear on the how, could be a gadget from vegapunk) (could have happened before he handed him to the marines), then absorbs the quake quake fruit. If you remember, Blackbeard wanted Ace as a nakama! He just wanted that ability. Ace refused to join, Blackbeard defeated him and got it anyways.
So now both Ace and sabo are dead.

It's possible, right? To my knowledge, none of the theory gets explicitly contradicted by any hard evidence.
But that still doesn't make it bloody likely, now, doesn't?
Closed Thread