AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-10, 15:39   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valvrave the Liberator 2, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:49   Link #2
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Saki really likes to be raped... she wasn't actually raped this episode, but... well, see for yourselves.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:50   Link #3
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Haruto's character is developing toward the direction I was hopping for, Saki is awesome as always, Shoko finally no longer that genki girl in S1 and L-elf is badass as usually. I am gradually liking Akira more and more, her first debut as a VVV-pilot kicked so many ass.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:58   Link #4
kuromitsu

Awww yesss, VVV's back and it's like it never left. XD This episode was somewhat disjointed, but whatever, the end and the theme song made up for everything.

OK, just one thing:
Spoiler for ep 1:

And the new theme song is great, although for now I still prefer Preserved Roses.

Oh, and L-11 in his shiny new uniform. I very much approve.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:07   Link #5
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Isn't that "ending" actually the opening? As far as I know that is usually the case when the first episode airs and the opening does not play at the beginning.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:08   Link #6
Shinhwa
Banned

Magius = vampire organization. Totally saw it coming =w=;;

Also from those mass-production mecha that came out in the OP and at the end, I guess they were reverse engineered from the stolen Valvrave.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:13   Link #7
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Isn't that "ending" actually the opening?
It is. The real ending will be from the next ep.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:20   Link #8
Awrya
U mad?

[Enter obligatory Haruto - L-Elf scene].

Are A-Drei & co training in that simulator to pilot those new mechs? I wonder on what energy they run, does Cain feed them Runes and who does he feed on?
Old 2013-10-10, 16:22   Link #9
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-10-10, 16:22   Link #10
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Back in the saddle again! Solid episode. Hopefully they keep the randomness toned down.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:25   Link #11
Flolan

I'm confused. Moslly because i wasnt paying enough attention to the first season i guess? And its been a while too, please someone clear these out for me.

So, the valvraves are powered by Haruto biting people? This is something like collecting runes, or so they said in the episode. When Haruto raped Saki was that also about collecting runes or something else? And what about all the other valvrave pilots, arent they also vampires? I dont think i ever saw them losing control or biting people so i dont understand what makes them different from Haruto. In fact, it would have made more sense if each pilot powered their own valvrave by drinking human blood.

Whenever Haruto bites people he also hijacks their bodies is that correct? I wonder if biting other vampires like Saki would work out the same; power the runes and cause hijacking to happen? I dont even remember how many times Haruto has bitten others, anyone? Has he bitten others than L-Elf?
Old 2013-10-10, 16:27   Link #12
finalfury
Incognito

Haruto gaining more likeable character traits that appeal to me, Saki literally being my top 2 favorite along with L-elf still retaining awesomeness. I really approve the toning down the craziness to let the plot settle in. All in all, a satisfying episode with some loving Saki for the win. Haruto and L-elf literally are the perfect duo of this show and A-drei looks cute.>.>
Old 2013-10-10, 16:48   Link #13
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
I'm confused. Moslly because i wasnt paying enough attention to the first season i guess? And its been a while too, please someone clear these out for me.

So, the valvraves are powered by Haruto biting people? This is something like collecting runes, or so they said in the episode. When Haruto raped Saki was that also about collecting runes or something else? And what about all the other valvrave pilots, arent they also vampires? I dont think i ever saw them losing control or biting people so i dont understand what makes them different from Haruto. In fact, it would have made more sense if each pilot powered their own valvrave by drinking human blood.

Whenever Haruto bites people he also hijacks their bodies is that correct? I wonder if biting other vampires like Saki would work out the same; power the runes and cause hijacking to happen? I dont even remember how many times Haruto has bitten others, anyone? Has he bitten others than L-Elf?
Yes, Valvraves are powered by runes, Haruto collects, but his attacks are nothing more than a result of a withdrawal syndrome - he stopped biting people (and collecting runes. Works like a drug here).
As for the second part of the question - we don't know for sure yet, but it's possible that only Haruto can and needs to collect runes
Old 2013-10-10, 16:53   Link #14
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Lets see this episode had:

-Awesome action
-VVV6 doing.... action
-Lots of explanations
-Lots of development
-Oh Kyuma, you sold out to a soft drink, really?
-Thunder why you dance with him?
-The Magius cult of vamps.... Didn't approve the creation of Valvraves?
-Possible final boss in the ending credits (going with Unit 2), not sure on the music itself yet
Quote:
Saki really likes to be raped
That was not ra- Actually, no, I've been debating this here and on /m/ for waaaaaaaay too long, I'm just going to wait until manga translations/BD content says about it. Just.... Ugh.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:04   Link #15
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Ok, we're off to a great start. The VVVs have been explained a bit with their Rune theory, how to "refill" them & the L-Elf/Haruto professional/personal relationship is developing as you expect it would. They have a vivid understanding & common PoV that's being developed on, hats off to Sunrise for that.

We also have a bit of exploration into the two most popular ships, that just to show that Sunrise heard the shippers' cries & acknowledged them. <== (Please don't discuss/reply further on this point, if you have to, take it to the appropriate thread.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:19   Link #16
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Um... it's actually officially called Episode 13. So why does the thread title say episode 1?
Old 2013-10-10, 17:26   Link #17
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Because it is another season and that is all that matters!

In all seriousness I do side with Tokkan on that.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:42   Link #18
erika4dsl

I'm loving the new uniform, mhmmmm especially when L-Elf wears it yum yum yum.
Overall it's a good first episode since it felt like a smooth transition from season 1.

Characters have also gotten a little development like L-Elf feels less stoic, I don't know, there's something "softer" about him lol. Shoko has gotten more mature and focused after her father's death.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:53   Link #19
Gundamx

it look like Cain who train L-Elf was not real Cain but Vampire who switch body with him
+
Didn't saki have Magius mark in last episode of season one?
(Same one Dorssie leader have now after his body personality been switch with Magius)
Old 2013-10-10, 20:13   Link #20
Allium
Keep on keeping on

A promising start to the new season. Liked how they explained about the Magius and the Runes, it really clears up a couple of things. I also liked how this episode showed us most of the characters in their respective roles, particularly Haruto, L-elf, Saki and Shouko. It felt good seeing the cast back with their own parts to play and more responsibilities.

And as of this episode, looks like Haruto and L-elf are the OTP of this show.
Closed Thread