AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-21, 18:51   Link #121
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I have to say that this series is completly surprising me more and more. Razel is the second most favorite female character in this season behind Horo (for all the good reason). Her attiude and her clothing styles is very unique and very sexy, just like the manga (make me wonder where she keep all of those clothes at anyway, since she didnt have no luggage or a bag to keep them in). All of the characters personally is following the manga almost perfect with some flaws time to time but it is a very nice surprise.
Old 2008-01-22, 12:49   Link #122
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

She keeps em in her bear DURRR :P Just kidding.

Great series, I was actually pleasantly surprised. Loving this series so far.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:20   Link #123
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
She keeps em in her bear DURRR :P Just kidding.
Spoiler for Revealed in later volumes of the manga:

Anyone who likes what they've seen so far in the anime should really consider getting the Dazzle manga. The manga versions of the stories in episodes 1-3 are better in almost every way (except for the voice acting, music, and color, of course). The manga takes things more to the extreme, with more juxtaposition of humor and disturbing elements.

Episode 4 doesn't look like it will be disturbing (unless they add stuff in flashbacks or otherwise change the story), but the mini-arc in episodes 5 and 6 is some of the darkest and most disturbing stuff that this series has to offer. Enjoy.

Last edited by Ookla The Mok; 2008-01-22 at 15:55.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:09   Link #124
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Spoiler for Revealed in later volumes of the manga:
So are you suggesting that...

Spoiler:

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2008-01-23 at 13:16.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:39   Link #125
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
So are you suggesting that...

Spoiler:
That's pretty much correct.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Anyone who likes what they've seen so far in the anime should really consider getting the Dazzle manga. The manga versions of the stories in episodes 1-3 are better in almost every way (except for the voice acting, music, and color, of course). The manga takes things more to the extreme, with more juxtaposition of humor and disturbing elements.
I second this recommendation. I'm rereading the manga right now from the beginning. Reading the early volumes with knowledge from the later volumes makes me realize how deep this story really is. It's unfortunate that the anime is just skimming the surface of what is actually a very compelling story told with an intriguing cast of characters.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 15:33   Link #126
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The story of episode 3 again seemed kind of rushed but the series still rocked. The two bishounen outshined Rahzel in this episode, I feel and this time the fight scenes were actually animated. Most importantly the main trio of characters remains absolutely hilarious. Rahzel punching them and then bothering to thank them for comnig to save her broke somewhat the tsundere cliche, I feel.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:08   Link #127
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
The story of episode 3 again seemed kind of rushed but the series still rocked. The two bishounen outshined Rahzel in this episode, I feel and this time the fight scenes were actually animated. Most importantly the main trio of characters remains absolutely hilarious. Rahzel punching them and then bothering to thank them for comnig to save her broke somewhat the tsundere cliche, I feel.
Yea a couple times during the episode the whole thing just kinda jumped forward suddenly giving me abit of a momentary diconnected feel...Mostly felt it near the end when they jumped from talking about the clowns to the ringmaster without actually showing them destroying the clowns or making their way back to her...Minor thing but still abit of a moment.

Other then that though how can a episode featuring knife wielding clowns not be good right?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:21   Link #128
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Here I am again.

Spoiler for episode 03:

BTW, I know that Sanae Kobayashi voices Rahzel but in this particular episode her voice sounded too similar to Allen Walker's.

And what a coincidence that I brought that to topic, because the main cast of characters that Sanae Kobayashi (Rahzel), Takahiro Sakurai (Alzeid), and Shinichiro Miki (Baroqueheat) that voice and interact with each other in Hatenkou Yuugi have as well interacted or are doing so currently in D.Gray-man.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:14   Link #129
yupyupyup

I just watched the first ep, and it kinda confused me, the plot was jumping around, and not very interesting if not boring. The scene when the girl asked the ghost to place bomb around the man's mansion was unreasonable and weird to me. I mean, the first ep totally failed to catch my interrest. I got up to the third ep now, but have not watched the later two since. Is this series worth watching?
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:18   Link #130
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
As well it became painful when Romario's mother endlessly looked for her lost child and to never learn about Romario's fate ever, as she kept on searching the empty circus at the end.
Events at the end of the story played out a little differently in the manga.
Spoiler for manga v04 spoiler for Romario's mother:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-01-25, 00:22   Link #131
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wow. The manga sounds much more grim and disturbing.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:57   Link #132
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Wow LKK if that's what the manga is like, I'm definitely not looking forward to reading it! Kinda neutral about how anime ep3 ended, but now that I know the alternative, am very glad it didn't go the original path.

I rather prefer lighter stuff, with no gory madness and excessive deaths. But since I've already gotten started, might as well keep going with fingers crossed. *prays for cheerful future episodes*
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 02:01   Link #133
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Wow...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 10:39   Link #134
LKK

I did warn everyone that Hatenkou Yuugi was at times quite disturbing. (Western fans hear shoujo and tend to think light and fluffy stories.) I haven't said much so far about manga differences because I've been reluctant to unintentionally give out spoilers. With the anime showing events out of manga order, I only have the slimmest ideas as to what they plan to cover as future episodes and/or flashbacks. (My knowledge is based on character / voice actor lists for upcoming episodes. For example, I know how Baroqueheat joined up with Alzeid & Rahzel, but I haven't said anything because I expect the anime to eventually cover that story based on the lists.)

I will say that the anime is unquestionably taking the edge off the series. So far the anime makes it seem as if Hatenkou Yuugi is little more than a series of disconnected happy-go-lucky road trip adventures. The manga can be that way at times. But it's much more than that. It's darker and more complex with an intriguing mysterious overarching story that the anime is unlikely to tackle.

However, if you like Hatenkou Yuugi as a lighter road trip adventure series with quick banter among our trio, there's nothing wrong with that. That's what initially sold me on the manga too. Tonight's episode (ep 4) should be a return to the lighter mood. It's a treasure hunt episode as was mentioned in the preview.

Spoiler for eps 5 & 6:

Old 2008-01-25, 16:49   Link #135
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3g View Post
It was day time in my part of the world But I did rush things along quite a bit since it's the weekends. Was aiming to beat the raw watcher comments to release first, but only partially successful~ I guess Deathkillz will be my challenge next round *_*
Sorry w3g, but you might have to wait for that next week

ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-01-25, 18:20   Link #136
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Darn =_= have just woken up from nice cozy 10-hours sleep, and Deathkillz is already done with review! I need to move to Japan to win this! (If things go according to plan, that will happen in a year or two)
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 18:46   Link #137
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Interesting insight into the difference between the source material and the anime LKK...Thanks.

Spoiler for Manga:

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:47   Link #138
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I feel so sad that there's little costume love for Rahzel this episode. Anyway, before i go on a rant, Episode 4 summary + screenshots is available.

Interesting insights on Viola, LKK ^^. That said, I really prefer how the anime does it, since it feels much more real. The manga feels a bit too...well ya.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 11:55   Link #139
LKK

Quickie comment on ep 4
Spoiler for ep 4:

Old 2008-01-26, 13:44   Link #140
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quickie comment on ep 4
Spoiler for ep 4:
Lol yea ^^

This shouldn't affect the main story too much though so I kindly accept more heat boiling in an oversized pot

Tags
adventure, comedy