AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 09:42   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Drivers for my CD Drive

Can anyone help find that blasted sys file "PxHelp20.sys"? I tried look all over the internet but I couldn't find it anywhere, it also mentions on my Device Manage that the file isn't signed. The computer does acknowledge my CD Drive but I cannot read any of my CDs that I use my computer. I think I new a driver but does anyone know wher eI can find drivers for a SAMSUNG SN 124 CD Rom drive?
Old 2010-10-13, 12:06   Link #2
sa547
*Author

The ones that show up most often when you try finding the drivers on Google are really a bunch of highway robbers; they tend to profit with so much ads loaded up while asking people who visit their site to download first their crappy software and/or ask for a fee.

Now this concerns about how to try to get the drive working:
http://en.community.dell.com/support.../15932824.aspx

This from Softpedia has only the firmware, but it's for those installed into Dell machines; there's a caveat: it's your risk to use the firmware:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIR...ware-104.shtml

Concerning some issues with the PxHelp20.sys (it comes with Sonic) file and Nero (2007):
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...ys-driver.html
Old 2010-10-13, 20:12   Link #3
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Thanks a lot, I'll try them out.
Old 2010-10-18, 14:52   Link #4
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I am trying to reformat my computer but my CD Rom drive isn't working and its driving me nuts! I tried looking for drivers but they are either almost nonexistent or turn out to be firmware for Dell computers. I tried the mthods used but it didn't workout too well and I believe I need to clean my registry to fix things up. How can I format my computer without my CD Drive? I need to reformat my computer but my CD Drive isn't doing anything.
Old 2010-10-18, 22:52   Link #5
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I am trying to reformat my computer but my CD Rom drive isn't working and its driving me nuts! I tried looking for drivers but they are either almost nonexistent or turn out to be firmware for Dell computers. I tried the mthods used but it didn't workout too well and I believe I need to clean my registry to fix things up. How can I format my computer without my CD Drive? I need to reformat my computer but my CD Drive isn't doing anything.
The drive itself could be dead if it is not reading any type of media disk. Go to BestBuy, or any computer store/shop and buy a new drive for $20-$30.
Old 2010-10-20, 02:02   Link #6
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
The drive itself could be dead if it is not reading any type of media disk. Go to BestBuy, or any computer store/shop and buy a new drive for $20-$30.
Looks like I will be doing that oas I need a CD Drive to reformat my computer.