AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-04, 17:53   Link #11141
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
The border line is simple. He likes his friends, it doesnt go past the like stage though. He loves Miyuki, and can only love her, thanks to that hes willing to do almost anything to protect the person and go to almsot any length to fullfill her wishes. And given how she feels about him, i doubt that she will allow anyone to get into a relationship with him. And rember Honoka? he will just turn Erika down like her.All the emotions tatsuya has been feeling have so far can only be turmed as "weaker" emotions. He cant get into a relationship with them.
Hahah....whats the next stage for friends? now tell me#!
Tatsuya will try to protect his friends; he can fulfill his friends wishes too? What are you talking about?
Iam pretty sure Miyuki will allow her if Tatsuya wishes to form a relationship. Honoka's situation is different than Erika....Tatsuya doesnt wish to destroy his friendship; you might call it Tatsuya's double edge; Its gonna be worse than what happend to vol. 10; where Erika was being awkward with Tatsuya; But was rekindled due to Tatsuya showing he does truly care/see Erika.

It might be weak but; it does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Idk.. that sounds an awful lot like shipping goggle conjecture to me...

Lol my bad thats why I remove it cuz it looks like I was shipping rather than telling the truth.

EDIT:I wanna leave but I've been summon everytime. Don't reply to me now#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-04, 18:04   Link #11142
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
You.. are forgetting something. Tatsuya can't wrap himself in Decomposition magic it would decompose his body, who would regrow again and again. In the Yokohama Disturbance arc he didn't coat his hand with Decomposition magic, it would have destroyed it. He just used it on his palm instead of shooting it and had to catch the bullets to decompose them. Remember he can only use it with his right hand too.
ehh wait, are you sure he didn't coat his hand with decomposition magic ?
you mean he instantly decompose the bullet when he catch it with his palm ?
Old 2014-03-04, 18:04   Link #11143
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
No, he did do all those things you listed.

Quote:
Towards his friends, i give you this quote.

Wont be going past that. And no. Miyuki is all for Tatsuya. She is his center, his reason for going to school at all, the only person he can love and that wont ever change. Erika and co wont go past the friendzone. Anyone amongst his friends that asks him he will reject, same as he did Honoka, he is incapable of feeling past the friendship stage, and always will be unless its towards Miyuki, in which case he loves her.
Feel like you confused me with pamperz. I agreed with you, you don't need to convince me.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:10   Link #11144
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
From the Ln fansubs english version

Quote:
At the barrage of questions, Tatsuya intentionally used a tone that seemed to frantically try to maintain the facade — to Kichijouji, this sounded like "there's no need to hide this any longer" — and curtailed the conversation.

Of course, the truth was otherwise. The magic Tatsuya used was not the USNA military's secret magic "Molecular Divider", nor was he using martial arts to allow his bare hands to shear through human flesh. Just as he decomposed the bullets, he used his right hand as the origin and activated Decomposition Magic at point blank range.

However, he was still under orders to maintain confidentiality. Also, this wasn't the time and place to explain.

"Saegusa-senpai, Nakajou-senpai, please evacuate from the area as soon as possible. Although their final goal remains unknown, their primary objective must be to kill or kidnap students with advanced magic skills."

After leaving this warning for Mayumi, who just appeared from the wings of the stage to see what happened, and Azusa, who sat in the last row as one of the judges, Tatsuya departed from the scene.
Quote:
Feel like you confused me with pamperz. I agreed with you, you don't need to convince me.
I was using that for the argument against pampz, since you summed it up nice. I completly agree with what was said.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:15   Link #11145
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Hahah....whats the next stage for friends? now tell me#!
Tatsuya will try to protect his friends; he can fulfill his friends wishes too? What are you talking about?
Iam pretty sure Miyuki will allow her if Tatsuya wishes to form a relationship. Honoka's situation is different than Erika....Tatsuya doesnt wish to destroy his friendship; you might call it Tatsuya's double edge; Its gonna be worse than what happend to vol. 10; where Erika was being awkward with Tatsuya; But was rekindled due to Tatsuya showing he does truly care/see Erika.

It might be weak but; it does exist.
Towards his friends, i give you this quote, which is something i agree with.

Quote:
least I got the lol. That was the goal all along.

Also I feel like his feelings on his friends is more of a general fondness. Like he's grown accustom to their presence in his life, and that's the extent of it.

Wont be going past that. And no. Miyuki is all for Tatsuya. She is his center, his reason for going to school at all, the only person he can love and that wont ever change. Erika and co wont go past the friendzone. Anyone amongst his friends that asks him he will reject, same as he did Honoka, he is incapable of feeling past the friendship stage, and always will be unless its towards Miyuki, in which case he loves her.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:27   Link #11146
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

You know that is something I agree; but at the same time i don't agree with it...
Because Its denying that possibility of Tatsuya's emotional development; which is clearly shown that he's developing#!

If that was the case Tatsuya should have been a loner if the author didnt want him to develop... Loner MC is cool too; like Kirito from SAO; meeting Asuna, being friends with Klein.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-04, 18:30   Link #11147
Zoks

Quote:

Except we have an established precedent that he does have emotions he shouldn't, in the case of Honami. That said, the best the others can hope for is if they can get into the sibling zone.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:31   Link #11148
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Except we have an established precedent that he does have emotions he shouldn't, in the case of Honami. That said, the best the others can hope for is if they can get into the sibling zone.
there is already a candidate for that#!Its one thing that fuels my ship#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-04, 18:34   Link #11149
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
No, he did do all those things you listed.
Wait, I thought he predicted the trajectory of the bullets and used Decomposition before it could actually reach his hands to give it the illusion he was moving fast enough to catch the bullets

In reality, he didn't catch the bullets themselves, but used "Decomposition"
on the physical body of the bullet and the trajectory and thus nullified the
shots. Towards his friends who naturally knew nothing about this, Tatsuya
said "It's nothing" and raised his right hand to form a fist a few times to
show them.

At least that was how I interpreted it, but if he really did cover his hand in Decomposition wouldn't that mean he had to be moving fast enough to intercept the bullets in order to Decompose it?........what a monster.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:40   Link #11150
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Wait, I thought he predicted the trajectory of the bullets and used Decomposition before it could actually reach his hands to give it the illusion he was moving fast enough to catch the bullets

In reality, he didn't catch the bullets themselves, but used "Decomposition"
on the physical body of the bullet and the trajectory and thus nullified the
shots. Towards his friends who naturally knew nothing about this, Tatsuya
said "It's nothing" and raised his right hand to form a fist a few times to
show them.

At least that was how I interpreted it, but if he really did cover his hand in Decomposition wouldn't that mean he had to be moving fast enough to intercept the bullets in order to Decompose it?........what a monster.
ahhh. Honestly you could be right, I'm going off memory right now. I just thought he did it.

My main argument with Echizen was about the karate chop though, so that still stands.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:40   Link #11151
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
You know that is something I agree; but at the same time i don't agree with it...
Because Its denying that possibility of Tatsuya's emotional development; which is clearly shown that he's developing#!

If that was the case Tatsuya should have been a loner if the author didnt want him to develop... Loner MC is cool too; like Kirito from SAO; meeting Asuna, being friends with Klein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Guys, your making a misunderstanding here. Its not that he lost all his emotions at all, its stated that he has lost his "stronger" emotions. what would be called his "weaker" emotions have always been completly intact. Merely stunted. Probly due to unique uupbrining.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:43   Link #11152
anonfr

Quote:
Guys, your making a misunderstanding here. Its not that he lost all his emotions at all, its stated that he has lost his "stronger" emotions. what would be called his "weaker" emotions have always been completly intact. Merely stunted. Probly due to unique uupbrining.
I actually mentioned this a few pages back.

Quote:
Well, he said he experiences the most minor form of them. Like, instead of anger he'd experience minor irritation, instead of joy he can feel content, instead love, he feels a general fondness and minor attachment, instead of hate he can feel a general dislike.

It's like, he only experiences the most base form of emotions. To my understanding at least.

The new manga chapter even has the explanation for visual learners!
Old 2014-03-04, 18:44   Link #11153
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Just to back you up

"To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful."

This should help clear up some misunderstanding also.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:52   Link #11154
Ultraviolet X

And its because of this that I think he will end up alone, unless he gets into a political marrage. He can't feel an emotion like love at all, its gone for good. (excluding the sibling love towards Miyuki). No matter how he devlops his "weaker" emotions, he will still be emotionaly stunted and unable to get into a relationship.
Old 2014-03-04, 18:54   Link #11155
anonfr

Quote:
And its because of this that I think he will end up alone, unless he gets into a political marrage. He can't feel an emotion like love at all, its gone for good. (excluding the sibling love towards Miyuki). No matter how he devlops his "weaker" emotions, he will still be emotionaly stunted and unable to get into a relationship.
This is what I meant when I said "I like this series because all ships have an equal chance of sinking"
Old 2014-03-04, 18:58   Link #11156
anonfr

Quote:
Just to tell you Iam talking about his "weaker" emotion developing; Now he can feel regret; guilt.
Are you sure it's not just a "General dissatisfaction of events?"

Like, I regretted hurting Hakazee's feelings a few pages back, but It wasn't real guilt. More like I wronged him and decided that was wrong.

Deep emotions don't have to apply to the scene I feel like you're talking about.
Old 2014-03-04, 19:06   Link #11157
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
No you're right, I don't believe Tatsuya casting magic is limited to just his right or left hand. The reason Demon Right and Divine Left were given was because probably those were the hands he usually uses it with. I'm sure he could switch it up.

Actually, I kiiiinnnd of remember a part in the LN where he mentions, during his monologues, that he could cast Decomposition without using his hands...... but I may be getting my series mixed up.
Just wanted to comment on this while sifting through the pages.

It has been stated that he is more USED to casting one type of magic with one hand than the other. He's not incapable of casting with the other hand as the origin. Kind of like how someone who's right handed probably isn't going to be swinging a weapon in a style that favors the left hand because it won't be as effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 10, Chapter 8
His right hand was stronger with Decomposition magic, but unlike Gram Dispersal, for Gram Demolition it didn’t matter which hand he used even without a CAD. In that instant, Tatsuya gathered the maximum amount of psions in his left hand.
Old 2014-03-04, 19:08   Link #11158
Ultraviolet X

To sum it up, The stronger emotions would be emotions that could make you forget everything else. Love, Lust, Gluttony, Hatred etc. All these emotions have a "weaker" version. Its why hes not angry at what was done to him, hes incapable of doing so. But he can get annoyed at the circumstances. The weaker emotions would all be termed as the "detatched" version of the "stronger" emotions.

Here, from the novel 9SC

Quote:
"Otou-san, you misunderstand, I don't hate my mother."

"Is...... Is that so......"

That was all that was necessary.

There was no need to tell him the words Tatsuya didn't say.

Tatsuya's heart did not possess the ability to "hate".

He could not feel any strong emotions like fury, despair, envy, hatred, disgust, gluttony, lust, sloth, and...... love.

Never would he forget himself in anger.

Neither would he wallow in despair.

Nor struggle with envy.

Unknown to hatred, nor known to disgust.

Or fall in love with women.

To hunger, but not gluttonous.

To arouse, but not lustful.

To tire, but not slothful.

The unique magic that only his mother possessed in the entire world erased all the strongest emotions and urges from his heart.

He did not hate his mother.

Nor was he furious.

That was because he was "unable" to enrage and "unable" to hate.
Old 2014-03-04, 19:14   Link #11159
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Are you sure it's not just a "General dissatisfaction of events?"

Like, I regretted hurting Hakazee's feelings a few pages back, but It wasn't real guilt. More like I wronged him and decided that was wrong.

Deep emotions don't have to apply to the scene I feel like you're talking about.
Quote:
To sum it up, The stronger emotions would be emotions that could make you forget everything else. Love, Lust, Gluttony, Hatred etc. All these emotions have a "weaker" version. Its why hes not angry at what was done to him, hes incapable of doing so. But he can get annoyed at the circumstances. The weaker emotions would all be termed as the "detatched" version of the "stronger" emotions.

Here, from the novel 9SC
Hihihi.... U guys fuel me but; i guess ill keep it to myself#! Ill just watch you guys till you understand =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-04, 19:19   Link #11160
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Hihihi.... U guys fuel me but; i guess ill keep it to myself#! Ill just watch you guys till you understand =)
You may as well say what your trying to say. Unless you want me to start trashing Erika again. Nothing else to really debate.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings