Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-24, 18:14   Link #981
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
I've finally read Chap. 51. I only I have one sentence that can define Yuuki in this chapter.
Spoiler for Spoiler for chap. 51:

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 18:24   Link #982
carmolita

I don't think that yuki is weak or co-dependant... She became stronger as a human to be independant for kaname sake. I just think that she doesn't know what she is yet/how to connect. She has all these Vampire instincts, but is unsure how to live. The only thing that is common in both places human and vampire is love and that she knows. She grew up as a human but forgot how to be a vampire, so everything is new to her and she is lost. When she was a human she never had these problems she just had to be herslf. It's like kaname is trying to teach her who and what she is, because she is still newly awaken. I'm just glad that she is being honest with herself about her feelings(and everyone else). But I often wonder if all of that will go out the window when she finds out who kaname truly is, but then again her parents always knew who he was and loved him just the same....Yuki may do so tooo ....I would like to think that she is not that hyprocritcal of the man who gave up everything to be with her....But I hate that everyone else has accepted who she is except for zero and herself...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 18:30   Link #983
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
boring chapter nothing really happened which im starting to think is trend. I was never a fan of Yuki nor Kaname so the parts i did like involved Zero for like the 3 pages he was in. Obviously Kaname is hiding something behind the door and surprise that Yuki instantly forgets about whats behind door #1 the min he arrives.

The thirst of a Vampire can only be quenched by the one you love. Yes its obvious that Yuki still have feelings for Zero but has made her declaration to Kaname "FOREVER" words are very pretty indeed im not so sure how it will pan out though.

Honestly the only way for Yuki to move forward is too embrace her Vampire side completely which grabbing the hand of the chibi Yuki seems to point in this direction. However doing so means erasing the human side of her if she does she will forever be in turmoil. She will accept her Vamp side Kanames blood will nourish her and her powers will grow. But that also leaves a larger chance for her and Zero to have confrontation its the human side that still has an attachment to Zero and the human side that said she would run from him forever if that human side is gone well i think you know.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:35   Link #984
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sorry for the double

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
....But I hate that everyone else has accepted who she is except for zero and herself...
I agree with everything you said except for this one bit. The reason Zero said he would hunt Yuki is because he has accepted who she is. Despite their past with each other when it all boils down Yuki is a Pureblood Vampire and Zero is Vampire Hunter yes its simply put. But Yuki told Zero straight how things are and Zero told Yuki how things would be thats their reality. In fact Zero has accepted Yuki for what she is more than Yuki has herself.
Old 2009-06-24, 19:30   Link #985
Slick_rick

Spoiler for Chapter 51:
Old 2009-06-24, 21:13   Link #986
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 51:
Yuki is being selfish... She's always loved and wanted to be w/kaname, but felt that it was impossible because she was human and he was a pureblood. The two parts of her are still melding into one and their's still a lot she doesn't understand quite yet. Being in love w/kaname gives her comfort and refugee even if she does have feelings for someone else. But those feelings are attached to the human part of her which zero loved sooo much-it doesn't surprise me that she has such a hard time letting go.. cutting her human side off is cutting off zero. She needs to embrace being a vampire and accept her human qualities. Because she was never really human to begin with she just simply had the appearence of one. I can't wait for the next chapter...I gotta know if she's going to use those fangs
Old 2009-06-24, 22:06   Link #987
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
But I hate that everyone else has accepted who she is except for zero and herself...
I agree on this point. What Yuuki is going through is a repeat of what Zero went through.

And Sinestra's point is also correct to a degree. However, I would say Zero doesn't really accept her for who she is but simply see her for what she has become.

In my eyes, Yuuki's weakness is her indecisiveness. After one entire year, she should have been able to sort through her problems more than what I see her doing now. If she realizes all these sacrifices Kaname's made, if she knows she's being spoiled, then she should do something about it. Instead, she still mosey about her troubles without actively seeking for a solution. She is a vampire. Live with it and fine a resolution. Don't just lie around crying over spilled milk. She has proven before that she can be resolute about a point. It is now time she be resolute, accept who she is, and take a hold of her life.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 23:15   Link #988
Slick_rick

Quote:
Yuki is being selfish... She's always loved and wanted to be w/kaname, but felt that it was impossible because she was human and he was a pureblood. The two parts of her are still melding into one and their's still a lot she doesn't understand quite yet. Being in love w/kaname gives her comfort and refugee even if she does have feelings for someone else. But those feelings are attached to the human part of her which zero loved sooo much-it doesn't surprise me that she has such a hard time letting go.. cutting her human side off is cutting off zero. She needs to embrace being a vampire and accept her human qualities. Because she was never really human to begin with she just simply had the appearence of one. I can't wait for the next chapter...I gotta know if she's going to use those fangs
In my opinion her being with Kaname now has been about what he has done for her. Saving her, being nice to her, and the loneliness she's feels she caused him. I'm not talking about her trying to smother her vampire side as she's doing that because she doesn't want to lose her connection with Zero. I prefer this because it is selfish. She's doing it for herself not for Kaname and not for Zero. In love you have to be a bit selfish as it's about who makes you happy not because you feel you owe them something.

Yuki's indecisiveness doesn't really bother me because it's not really surprising. Even though she's was born a vampire she also is in many way just as much a human now, if not more so. Accepting two completely different lifestyles is fairly tough and I think she was extremely happy as a human. And as a Zeki fan if we lay the blame for her current indecisiveness at Zero's feet isn't that even more of a testament to her feelings for him?
Old 2009-06-25, 07:07   Link #989
KimmyChan

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you've just said there...Especially Yuuki's selfishness
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 12:10   Link #990
butterf

i see i'm not alone in my growing hatred of yuuki's character,what a moron,first she says to zero that desires only kaname's blood then she has the audacity to tell kaname that his blood doesn't completely satisfy her,nevermind the fact zero threatened to kill her supposedly because of what she is,even tthough she worked tirelessly to save him,when presented with yuuki's consent kaname did not take yuki's blood even though he craved it for ten years,to protect her and prolong her peacefull life,he is not a slave to his desires but zero ,will take blood from anybody,even kaname who is suppossed to be his enemy.i used to think that kaname and yuuki was the most beautifull love story i had ever read but what yuuki said has just ruined it for me,my poor kaname,i'm starting to think he should choose sara and give yuuki to zero,they deserve each other because they are both stupid,as much as i love kaname and yuuki her stupidity is unforgiveable ,i would love to see sara come and steal kaname from yuuki,i wonder how thirsty she would be for zero's blood if she saw kaname in sara's arms

Last edited by butterf; 2009-06-28 at 12:24. Reason: misspelling
butterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 12:52   Link #991
butterf

hey guys i have a question,as a fan of kaname and yuuki i wanted to ask,is it possible that heer supposed attachement to zero has to do with not accepting herself as a vampire fully and not wanting to let go of her human nature and also not wanting to use her fangs,if she used her fangs on kaname and if she let go of her human nature and accepted herself as a vampire would zero still be an issue
butterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:10   Link #992
KimmyChan

Kaname & Yuuki are featured in a beautiful cover shot on July's latest issue of Shojo Beat
Old 2009-06-28, 18:49   Link #993
carmolita

OOOOO can you send me a link to the pic please
Old 2009-06-29, 06:47   Link #994
KimmyChan

Sure thing hun, here's the image as promised -

Spoiler for *Shojo Beat July 2009 Kaname & Yuuki Front Cover*:
Old 2009-06-29, 21:57   Link #995
vixens

is their gona be another season
vixens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 05:51   Link #996
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixens View Post
is their gona be another season
even if we wished for another season their is not enough material one
Old 2009-06-30, 06:45   Link #997
KimmyChan

It is a shame to say the least, as another season would make for even more enjoyable VK reading
Old 2009-06-30, 10:24   Link #998
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

There could be another season in a bit, once the manga catches up (actually, the anime ended with stuff that hadn't been shown in the manga) so maybe late in the year we'll get an announcement but not yet.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 10:25   Link #999
KimmyChan

The latest VK manga soon to be released will be Volume 7...And boy is it taking it's time, lol!
Old 2009-06-30, 16:48   Link #1000
carmolita

Actually vol. 10 was the last one to be released, but that's in Japan

Tags
manga