AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 92 52.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 20.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 16.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 6.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.14%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-03, 18:26   Link #61
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And the lesson if the episode is: Befriend Madoka, get your big and last death flag.
I see a Mami deja vu
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 18:30   Link #62
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I feel a bit bad about being incompetent in Japanese. I didn't take any lesson at all in it and I should really take more time at it... but anyways. Yes, many have noticed that being close to Madoka gives you an automatic death flag, especially if you're going on a raid. By the way, I felt that this episode is not as well put together as the previous one. Having said that, what the Incubator has spewed forth alone is enough food for thought that it'd last a good week at least. It may just be that the amount of time devoted to the development of Kyouko is so compressed...

One good part about this episode is that Madoka ended up becoming more resolute, and perhaps has a more fleshed out outlook than before. I wonder how things will evolve at this rate though...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2011-03-03 at 19:04.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 18:35   Link #63
Fishbait

Well we certainly saw it coming but it was still sad
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 18:46   Link #64
Dark Wing

gg just released...is downloading as we speak...
Old 2011-03-03, 19:07   Link #65
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Darn, missed the orgy of mass hyspeculah.
Next week then. I shall take a one day absence to watch the episode.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 19:15   Link #66
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

kyoko...ahuhuhu..

haven't seen the ep though. gonna watch it later..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 19:26   Link #67
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So find out Kyuube's reason for making MS.

Sad to see Kyoko take herself out with Sayaka. I wonder if there was a way for her to survive and only take out Sayaka.

Best line - when you decide to die for the universe call me. What a way to lure someone in.

Wonder what Homura can do alone.
Old 2011-03-03, 19:44   Link #68
RedWing

Mind = Blown
I expected and hoped that Sayaka would bite the bullet, but Kyoko too?!! Kyubey was awesome in his nonchalance and was unexpectedly evil in his utilitarianism.

Nice use of music, and the symbolism of Kyoko's previous belief's was done well. The episode was undeniably sad in town throughout, but it didn't come off sappy or overemotional despite the heaviness of the themes being presented. The only thing I wish and continue to wish is that the show doesn't decide to become shoujo after all this with a Clannad-esque destruction of all that is good about it. If it can do the final strides to the finish in the same tone as so far it will definitely enter into my personal Anime Hall of Fame.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 19:55   Link #69
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

WOW @ QB "If you wish to die for the sake of the universe, give me a call!"

I think the biggest mindfuck I could get at this point is finding out by the end of the series that QB is NOT evil. That would be a lot more impressive in my book.

Oh, and the music in Sayaka's realm was beautiful.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:08   Link #70
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruurguy View Post
My point was you are trying to make it clean and neat though. The fact that you completely dismiss QB as essentially evil is very much clean and neat.
What. If what you mean is "scr is dismissing the possibility of QB being evil", I never stated that. My opinion is that QB _is_ evil, but maybe I didn't make it obvious enough.

Quote:
The fact that you think that with all our testing that twenty years from now we won't discover some flaw with your "carefully engineered" crops is clean and neat. People can put in every effort of their investigation right now, have all the best intentions of the best way to go for now and the future. AND IT CAN BE ALL WRONG.
Yes, it can. That's _exactly_ why there are all sort of tests, so that the flaws can be discovered now rather than later. This is the reason why medicines are so goddamn [the rest of expletives redacted] expensive to the dismay of the people in the undeveloped countries: even if those medicines are cheap to make, testing new medicines makes the cost rise to stellar level.

Quote:
For all we know that's what QB in fact has already done. Maybe they tried 10 million things. And decided after research, the least damaging thing they could do was to find girls to go through this cycle. They carefully studied this, carefully engineered how it would work, put every effort to minimize the damage. And yet it's really really wrong.
Have you ever heard of this neat little thing called Occam's Razor?

Quote:
Of course the characters are going to fight it and probably find a better idea. That is how anime goes.
This is my expectation too.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 20:17   Link #71
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I like how this episode seemed to rather bluntly address some things that people were discussing quite actively for a while. Like critiquing Madoka's being on the sidelines versus becoming a magical girl or what QB's purpose of creating MGs is.

Though I think I have an inkling of why these young (Japanese) (school)girls are chosen to harvest--it's their moe points! This most intangible of sensations must be the origin of such fantastic energy that defies our laws of thermodynamics!
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 20:23   Link #72
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon
Though I think I have an inkling of why these young (Japanese) (school)girls are chosen to harvest--it's their moe points! This most intangible of sensations must be the origin of such fantastic energy that defies our laws of thermodynamics!
I think I will have to remember this for posterity. But How do we explain crossdressing Zombie Masou Shoujo Ayumu then?

Jokes and Morning Rescues aside, Madoka certainly has a bias against the Incubator now. She cannot easily justify the sacrifice of the few for the sake of many, and she sees the Incubator as a deceiver. I think that many of the audience do sympathize with her on having those thoughts... of course, some still hold against her reluctance to bring herself to assume those same risks that her friends paid with their lives for. Maybe the audience in itself is as fascinating as any of the characters in this story.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2011-03-03, 20:27   Link #73
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I think I will have to remember this for posterity. But How do we explain crossdressing Zombie Masou Shoujo Ayumu then?
I think the slight distortion caused by existence of a curious bulge sufficiently destabilizes the natural wavelength of moe energy to the point where it is too tenuous to release energy as pure as that from real magical girls.

Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 20:30   Link #74
Dark Wing

just watched the episodes...wow just freaking wow...i wish Kaijo was here do deliver awesome discussions on this episode seeing as he was kinda right about Kyuube...
Old 2011-03-03, 20:31   Link #75
SagaraSouske

In his revelation, QB did mention why the adolescent girls were chosen. It's because their emotional swing can be the biggest and thus generate the most energy. Now even for a second we can take his word at face value, it implies that 'any' human can be witchfied and generate energy from SG -> Grief Seed transition. After all, it's human soul that generate this energy. 'If' the goal was to stave off entropy as QB stated, there is no reason for them to only use adolescent girls. In fact, the best solution would be for them to seed multitude of worlds with humans and let them breed as fast as they can through both nature and technology (artificial insemination, cloning, etc) and create an explosion of human population to be exploit for their soul and therefore energy to use. After all, using one race out of all millions and billions that possibly exist in the universe to save the universe is for the greater good right.

He also conveniently left out the part that he eats the grief seed. If all that is needed is the energy released from SG -> grief seed transition, why would he collect grief seeds?

Additionally, why then are QBs not forcing the girls to contracts. They clearly don't respect human morals and values. For what reasons were the rules of contract put into place?

No, I don't buy his rationalization at all. It's yet again part of his manipulation on Madoka.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:41   Link #76
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
just watched the episodes...wow just freaking wow...i wish Kaijo was here do deliver awesome discussions on this episode seeing as he was kinda right about Kyuube...
Well it depends. Kaijo held one view very dearly about the Incubator, when the audience cannot really focus on any one individual view. I respect his personal conviction to that view, but the problem is when it goes too far and becomes generalizing. Even I made the mistake of questioning the rights for the observer audience to press judgment onto the Incubator beyond that of their own personal conclusion, and worst of all I fell to using very hurtful words to convey those thoughts. This is something that I personally regret. He was ardent in conveying that view, and it led to an escalation where he was no longer being subjective and the conversation degenerated to the point that he was losing willingness to address rebuttals as he goes to escalating length to strengthen his arguments. It had to be put to a stop somehow... keep in mind that he faces others that are also declaring their convictions and they clash rather aggressively. I think that is about as far as we should delve into the matter.

@taofd: It may be possible to reverse the process (or entropy at a macroscopic scale due to Madoka Hax or something like that) ... but that's just me.

Old 2011-03-03, 20:43   Link #77
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Well...I'm certainly sad now. Kyoko, my favorite char of the show, sacrificed herself in vain trying to save Sayaka...

Well atleast Kyoko and Sayaka died together...

So apparently Kyubey is not from this world and apparently he and is race are trying to save the universe by harvesting the energy when MGs turn into witches...I'm sorry, but thats just bullshit. After all the things he's done, I can't accept that he's trying to save the universe, he must have a deeper motive. Homura's knows his plan, and she said she'll do whatever it takes to stop him, so it must not be to save the universe.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 20:46   Link #78
Dark Wing

It could be that they don't see a problem since there are already 6 billion + already with 10 born ever 4 seconds however there must be something beyond what he says there always is.

Also i'd like to bring up that Kyuube didn't really lie to Kyoko he said he didn't know of a way of saving Sayaka so that wasn't really a lie.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:46   Link #79
taofd

Now we know QB's motivation.

We also know that it MAY or MAY not be possible for Mahou Shoujo to save Sayaka. As QB himself states, their powers are the exception to the law of entropy. The human soul (or a sentient being with emotion) produces what appears to be an infinite amount of energy.

As QB states, "The existence of Mahou Shoujo itself is against reason / common sense".

So far, we have seen one side of the coin. Mahou Shoujo that fall into grief become Witches... Is it possible the opposite is possible as well?
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 20:50   Link #80
ChronoReverse

QB can go **** itself and his race. If they're willing to sacrifice humans to get their energy then they can go sacrifice themselves instead so the energy could be left to the humans.

At least the humans generate their own energy it seems. Parasites should go die.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote