AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 16:13   Link #121
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It's kinda reminiscent of Gundam Seed Destiny. So much promise, but in the end it was a let down
There are so many things I wanted to critique about Gundam Seed Destiny, but I let it slide. It had so much potential as well, it predecessor Gundam Seed ranks 2nd best in all the Gundam series for me. Gundam 00 stands as the best. Oh back on topic, I went to other forums and they were saying they might make another squeal. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Old 2012-06-24, 16:16   Link #122
koalatea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
There are so many things I wanted to critique about Gundam Seed Destiny, but I let it slide. It had so much potential as well, it predecessor Gundam Seed ranks 2nd best in all the Gundam series for me. Gundam 00 stands as the best. Oh back on topic, I went to other forums and they were saying they might make another squeal. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
I don't mind as long as they do it well.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:19   Link #123
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Hell no. Amata and Mikono ruined Apollo and Silvia than had the nerve to use them as an excuse over why they deserved a happy ending. That and they've shown they're horrible writers with how bad they ruined EVOL. This isn't the same as Destiny where they were rushed out to cap on SEED fame, they had years to muse this over with no rush. Yet they somehow surpassed Destiny in all the things it managed to do wrong only they did nothing right to balance it out. Seriously, this is the worst Anime I've ever seen and is the least deserving of a sequel(And all things considered, Aquarion would have been better off without a sequel like EVOL. Since EVOL ruined Genesis). Since if EVOL is any inclination is that they will only do worse while ruining the previous series just for the "Plot twists".

Even if they made a sequel you know they would bring out a spiteful Zessica as the big bad only because they will never drop the chance to kick the crude out of her for no reason.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:20   Link #124
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
She was just a filler character to make the cast look larger. Her role was never important nor was her identity. Besides, they had more pressing matters to try and attend to. Such as Amata and Mikono that needed a lot of help yet never got it. Instead we just got a last episode that forced them together without resolving any of the issues in a satisfying manner.
Haha sorry i was just being sarcastic. Although, Chun Mei was a background character in Mai Hime but became a main character in Mai Otome.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:24   Link #125
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero View Post
Haha sorry i was just being sarcastic. Although, Chun Mei was a background character in Mai Hime but became a main character in Mai Otome.
That's another thing though. That bag girl has no hope of such a role, they had enough problems with developed side characters compared to their undeveloped main pair that has bitten them in the ass many times already in EVOL.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:25   Link #126
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
If they're gonna do a sequel then I would hope they take their time with it. If they bring people in to help then bring in people with experience with writing stories in the same genre/style of Aquarion. Take time to develop the characters. And for God's sake, end the reincarnation cycle already!

Essentially don't do another Aquarion Evol
Old 2012-06-24, 16:26   Link #127
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Spoiler for My bet for the ending:
Just watched the RAW... No clue what they were saying but I say I'm quite satisfied though the sweetness between Amata x Mikono invited only few ants....

Guess I won my bet....

Glad Andy could grasp Mix with two full hands again!

Zessica could have her happiness with Kagura.... THey might have already realized that they can't break the "Useless Pair".

I wish for an OVA for Amata x Mikono...

Love you Amata x Mikono!!!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-24 at 16:45.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:28   Link #128
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
If they're gonna do a sequel then I would hope they take their time with it. If they bring people in to help then bring in people with experience with writing stories in the same genre/style of Aquarion. Take time to develop the characters. And for God's sake, end the reincarnation cycle already!

Essentially don't do another Aquarion Evol
Eh, but the original was in 2005. When was the starting development time for this series, since the original took place 7 years ago. If this took 7 years to make and this is the result, I am unhappy and losing my patience.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:29   Link #129
Destined_Fate

Not much of a bet since everyone predicted this since the first episode. It's the intermission episodes 2-25 that ruined it.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:35   Link #130
mixordia

Zessica x Kagura? You're kidding me right?

in 4 minutes at last episode, Kagura changed his personality... LOL

Amata and Mikono would happen, but I really hoped that they will not survive. The scene was like Sousei, only changed the characters and in this time Apollo (Amata) didn't disappear from the earth... really, reallyyy original.

In the end Zessica still appears sad, still in love for Amata... tsc.

And to finish, Fudo says goodbye, I swear to God I laughed at this part, for me, Fudo represents Kawamori.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:36   Link #131
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Eh, but the original was in 2005. When was the starting development time for this series, since the original took place 7 years ago. If this took 7 years to make and this is the result, I am unhappy and losing my patience.
True, that is sad if that is the case. Maybe they should take a page from the guys that are doing Eureka Seven AO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
Zessica x Kagura? You're kidding me right?

in 4 minutes at last episode, Kagura changed his personality... LOL

Amata and Mikono would happen, but I really hoped that they will not survive. The scene was like Sousei, only changed the characters and in this time Apollo (Amata) didn't disappear from the earth... really, reallyyy original.

In the end Zessica still appears sad, still in love for Amata... tsc.

And to finish, Fudo says goodbye, I swear to God I laughed at this part, for me, Fudo represents Kawamori.
Yeah, the changes in Zessica's and Kagura's personalities reeked of half-assed writing.

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2012-06-24 at 17:02.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:45   Link #132
Destined_Fate

Ignore the pointless shippers, there is no Kagura x Zessica. They're just trying to go the whole "Hey, she has Kagura now even though they just met and there was no romantic chemistry between them at all! So why can't you be happy for Amata and Mikono? Can't you see that their love is more pure and destined than Zessica's?".

It's even worse since Kagura is Amata but isn't, so they use that reasoning over why Zessica should get with Kagura. Which is completely stupid since Kagura is not the Amata that Zessica fell in love with and is completely different personality wise.

The only ones that got any satisfaction from Evol are Andy x Mix fans. At least their love was real and not fake like Amata x Mikono that had to rely on Apollo x Silvia to validate what EVOL couldn't. So it seems that now everyone else is destined to be forever alone while Amata and Mikono trolls them. Gawd help the next unfortunate souls if those two super trolls get into another Reincarnation Cycle.

The saddest thing of all is that the only ones that actually fought Destiny ended up with a bad ending. They should never have used that fighting Destiny theme considering how they ended EVOL. Which shows that fighting Destiny means you'll get a ****ed up childhood and/or tortured endlessly than at the end of it all you get nothing while those that embraced Destiny get everything for doing nothing right.
Old 2012-06-24, 17:19   Link #133
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

everybody said MIX got her BIGBANG again
but......that's not a BIGbang

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2012-06-24, 17:25   Link #134
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
everybody said MIX got her BIGBANG again
but......that's not a BIGbang
It cheapens Andy too since he never got a chance to make good on his promise that he didn't care if she was a man or not since this was how it was going to end anyway.
Old 2012-06-24, 17:25   Link #135
Roxell

Well I might as well add this thing here.

Old 2012-06-24, 17:26   Link #136
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

So, for the great finale was Mikono useful? ... Yep, though so.

Kagura got his big character developement, he turned into an AmataXMikono shipper, didn't see that one coming. And of course it has to be mister Sakasama who needs to highlight the pun in the title.

What was the point of Zessica? We will never know.

Oh, Crea got to drive the Aquarion, wich didn't go further than service.

For Mykage, bigger is better.

In the end only Jin-kun, Alicia and Izumo got fucked (minus us of course).

So now I'm left wondering wich got the most shitty romance between EVOL and Korra.
Old 2012-06-24, 17:29   Link #137
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
So, for the great finale was Mikono useful? ... Yep, though so.

Kagura got his big character developement, he turned into an AmataXMikono shipper, didn't see that one coming. And of course it has to be mister Sakasama who needs to highlight the pun in the title.

What was the point of Zessica? We will never know.

Oh, Crea got to drive the Aquarion, wich didn't go further than service.

For Mykage, bigger is better.

In the end only Jin-kun, Alicia and Izumo got fucked (minus us of course).

So now I'm left wondering wich got the most shitty romance between EVOL and Korra.
Korra doesn't have LOVE spelled backward in its title at least.
Old 2012-06-24, 17:31   Link #138
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxell View Post
Well I might as well add this thing here.

According to the interview people have talked about before on episode discussions, this is how Yuki Kaji actually feels
Old 2012-06-24, 17:34   Link #139
raindropxremix

As a sequel to Genesis of Aquarion, this series failed to live up Genesis. It started out nicely but than they dragged it out and then fucked things up that made you like the first series.

In Genesis, it was stated that Apollo was indeed the reincarnation of Apollonius and thus the glorified 'Solar Wings'. Apollonius loved Celiane who was reincarnated as Silvia (and her brother Sirius) . What made Silvia and Apollo so lovable was how they butt heads constantly yet cared for each other deeply to the point that Silvia and Apollo would wait to be together once more after Apollo sacrifices himself to heal the Tree of Life.

Moving onto Evol, We find out near the end that Apollo was not Apollonius himself but his winged dog Pollon. To me, that is just a slap in the face and very insulting to the first story. BUT what makes it more unbelievable is that the first series showed more than once that Apollo possessed the famed 'Solar Wings' which were highly treasured wings of Apollonius and it showed that only HE possessed such wings, not the dog Pollon. So somehow the dog gained the same kind of wings!? I don't think so.

And then pointing fingers towards Zen Fudo as the true Apollonius, meaning that Gen Fudo was also Apollonius, I call bullcrap! I like that Zen was Gen but not as Apollonius. No.

Okay, so then it goes on to state in Evol that Amata's and Kagura's mother was the reincarnation of Pollon too but somehow magically was able to pass on Pollon's soul to her son without dying. Reincarnation means you die and go onto your next life. Not pass on your soul and still live.

Also, If Mikono is Silvia Reincarnated who is partly Celine reincarnated, Then where is her other half or did Celiane's soul magically become whole again?

The whole Toma/Mykage rage thing is so stupid. Toma wanted humans gone and now he wants to remake the world. Which would require the tree of life, not the Aquarion. It's like the writing team was pulling crap from their arses without even looking at the first series. Really, it makes me rage. This doesn't even deserve to be called a sequel to Genesis of Aquarion.

Besides the horribleness of it all, the few positive things were Andy/Mix's relationship and Yunaho/Jin. Both sets were very sweet and real. Crea was also adorable as well, just as Rena had been. ( Honestly I totally thought Rena/Crea was the winged dog, it made more sense. ) Zen Fudo was an amusing character just as Gen had been. But these are the short few.
Old 2012-06-24, 17:37   Link #140
Destined_Fate

Nice work there. Too bad the writers made Amata brain dead in Evol.

In trying to fight Destiny the creators ended up going with Destiny. Ugh. Poor Zessica just can't win when she was the one that tried the hardest.
Closed Thread