AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-29, 22:23   Link #6801
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
But along with the good characters, the exaustive explanations of the magic sistem its one of the most apealing things of the novels.
Although sometimes hard to read trough, personally i find the technicalities a nice way of giving logic to the world i am reading. Not that a novel about teenagers using magic needs logic but i find this rules the author try to set are interesting and give room to surprises.
Well you are right in this part. The explanation of the magic's ingenuity is very entertaining. However, they appear they is some contradiction of there theory the author explain (magic the author introduced before and the latter explanation he introduced late in the other volume).
Old 2013-09-29, 23:50   Link #6802
Waxman

Even when (maybe specially when) there is only one author responsably for an entire fictional universe there is bound to be contradictions and blind spots but maybe because i am not a english speaking and i only absorb a fraction of the technical parts. I like them, i like the the way those rules try to confine this fictional world but what i really like are the characters and the story.
When i read trough the jergon most of the time i learn something of the character that used magic. After the very short fight between Tatsuya and Hattori the explanation showed just how practical or better efficient is Tats, not showing off, not beating his adversary in the most spectacular way but chosing the more effective way to resolve something.
The explanation of Miyuki magics gave away her real personality before she stoped the coy act(?) that keep in precence of Tats and so on.
Old 2013-10-01, 11:10   Link #6803
NoLife222

The Chinese translation for the fight of Tatsuya vs Hagane is finally out and may i say, it is mind blowing!!!!!!
Old 2013-10-01, 12:02   Link #6804
Sylux

Quote:
Tatsuya vs Hagane
Who is Hagane again?
Old 2013-10-01, 12:09   Link #6805
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
Who is Hagane again?
Tomitsuka. The zero-range guy.
Old 2013-10-01, 13:48   Link #6806
Sylux

Quote:
The Chinese translation for the fight of Tatsuya vs Hagane is finally out and may i say, it is mind blowing!!!!!!
Does someone have an idea when we could read the fight between the two in english?
Old 2013-10-01, 13:56   Link #6807
vadvadindabad

So Cute
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-01, 16:26   Link #6808
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i think they use the psions IN their bodies to influence the ones outside to do their bidding with magic sequences. Kinda like mana instead of chi.
Yep, they explain it quite clearly that psions are consumed in the construction of activation and magic sequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
For a novel about magic, it is best to have no in depth explanation about the magic, especially when try to explain with real life physic. MKnR used to much real world physic to explain magic which often cause heavy confusion to readers.
I disagree. Other than things that require clarification, the explanation is pretty clear, which makes sense because he developed a relatively straightforward "system" for how magic works. It's like developing imaginary Newton's Laws. Overall, based on everything that I've read, he's largely remained consistent within his own writing .. Unless I myself am missing something..
Old 2013-10-01, 19:12   Link #6809
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
can we have please have a summary of shippou getting his but kick, i feel this will be like the hattory fight no matter how many times and different angles i see it from i still love it.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:22   Link #6810
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Partial translation actually, as they didn't detail how they got there.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:58   Link #6811
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
can we have please have a summary of shippou getting his but kick, i feel this will be like the hattory fight no matter how many times and different angles i see it from i still love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Partial translation actually, as they didn't detail how they got there.
There only translate the Tats vs Hagane fight, seems the MKnR fans request them to translate that first.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:04   Link #6812
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Tomitsuka. The zero-range guy.
From now on, I'm calling him Full-Metal Tomitsuka.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:11   Link #6813
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
From now on, I'm calling him Full-Metal Tomitsuka.
I don't get it. He doesn't have metal prosthetics.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:23   Link #6814
Awrya
U mad?

The kanji for his name is the same as Edward Elric's alchemist titel from Fullmetal Alchemist.
十三束 - Tomitsuka Hagane
の錬金術師 - Fullmetal Alchemist
The kanji itself means steel.
Old 2013-10-03, 09:35   Link #6815
NoLife222

In the battle, Tatsuya use some very interesting abilities. One abilities he used is when he used gram demolition to destroy the speed type magic Explosion, he is able to used the leftover inactive phenomenon as stepping stone to cast his own speed type magic to distance himself from Hagane.
Old 2013-10-03, 10:58   Link #6816
Breimoon

so he separates the code from Hagane(resulting in partial destruction where the code is still linked to hagane) and uses cut+paste ??
Old 2013-10-03, 12:16   Link #6817
Waxman

That was something i didn't get from the summary.
I imagine there has a respetable block of tech jergon but at first i believed that Tomitsuka used speed magic on himself, Tats decomposed the target part of the sequence (Tomitsuka himself) and changed it to affect someone else (Tats) like he decomposed only the hypnotic part of the blanche guy evil eye leaving only a light show. But if he used Gram Demolition i will need to read that part.
Old 2013-10-03, 17:26   Link #6818
esper1234

Quote:
There only translate the Tats vs Hagane fight, seems the MKnR fans request them to translate that first.
I cant find it, i only see SOA articles, can anyone post a link
Old 2013-10-06, 03:56   Link #6819
Ultragunner

BUMP for the great news!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtj-Phj36DI

Though some of you may already know
Old 2013-10-06, 03:57   Link #6820
Mentar
Banned

If there ever was an "ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME", this is it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings