AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 16:27   Link #3761
Bri

Pirlo pulling a Panenka on Hart must have hurt.

PK's are always a gamble but Italy had the better of the match. Deserved win.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:28   Link #3762
Mentar
Banned

Well... congrats to Italy, they deserved to go through - all things considered, they did more, and they had more chances. Whew.

We'll have two awesome semifinals ... Portugal-Spain might actually be quite spectacular, and Germany-Italy most definitely is.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:28   Link #3763
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well congrats to Italy for winning. They were the better team.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:33   Link #3764
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
We'll have two awesome semifinals ... Portugal-Spain might actually be quite spectacular.
I dunno, it's going to involve tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, Ronaldo looking angry tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, tika-taka, oh hey Spain won.

That doesn't sound exciting.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:39   Link #3765
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Wow, and we're through again. I honestly wouldn't have bet on us making it this far.

I was also surprised to see England not being as aggressive as I had imagined they would be, they kind of slowly let us play in their own half, though we really really lack a goal scorer upfront. Balotelli is good but he's practically alone since Cassano is clearly not phisically fit. Maybe if we had Di Natale we might have scored a goal before going to Extra Time.

Also, for once we got lucky at the penalties, most of the times we end up choking there but Buffon did something that's usually not in his veins (he's an amazing goalkeeper but he's never been great at stopping penalty shots). And boy, Pirlo's penalty kick was rad.

And now it's Germany vs Italy once again...
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:42   Link #3766
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Apparently Germany has never won a single tournament game against Italy. I am kind of scared now, especially since I remember the defeat of 2006, which was also in a semi final match by the way.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:42   Link #3767
Targus
The Happy Camper

Get ready Germany.
You're about to get slaughtered.
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:49   Link #3768
justavisitor

Typical exit for England...they admit they are bad at the penalty kick but they always play for the shoot-out...what do you expect??

I hope Portugal wins but I can't even imagine how it would happen with the way Spain plays...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:54   Link #3769
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
We would prefer England for the next game.
Indeed, England would have been an easier opponent than Greece was

Pirlo/Buffon
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:55   Link #3770
Bri

Can't see Portugal's midfield do anything against Spain. I expect Ronaldo's supply to be choked. Looks like a snooze fest.

Italy - Germany, hard to predict. My guess it will be decided on the flanks: Italy's wing-backs versus Germany's wingers and/or full backs.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:56   Link #3771
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Congrats Azzurri. I'm really looking forward to your semi-final against Germany .

As for England... I kinda figured we'd make it about this far, especially since we just didn't seem to have any attacking players who could match those in the big teams. Until we do, and we get players who can string together a series of passes without giving the ball away, I'm not sure we'll be beating any of the big teams in tournament games.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:58   Link #3772
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Pirlo/Buffon
I've been saying this for years: BEST. GOALKEEPER. EVER.

Spoiler for Germany:
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 17:02   Link #3773
Blaat

Buffon is a great goalkeeper but Casillas is better.
Old 2012-06-24, 18:04   Link #3774
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Beckham was right. Don't go for penalties.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 18:35   Link #3775
monsta666

Italy deserved the win and it would have been real cheeky if England went through on penalties. For once people in England will be satisfied with their teams performance, it is a welcome change that expectations were not sky high. Italy and Germany will be a good game but I still put my money on Spain to win it. Although the neutral would want Germany to win due to their attacking style, I am not convinced they have figured a way of getting around Spain's possession football.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 19:05   Link #3776
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus View Post
I've been saying this for years: BEST. GOALKEEPER. EVER.
That's still Kahn.
Old 2012-06-24, 19:39   Link #3777
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Apparently Germany has never won a single tournament game against Italy. I am kind of scared now, especially since I remember the defeat of 2006, which was also in a semi final match by the way.
Well, Spain never won a tournament game against France either. We know how that went.

Italy is going to be a tough, experienced and disciplined opponent. But hardly unbeatable. And if you want to raise the trophy, you have to beat em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus View Post
Get ready Germany. You're about to get slaughtered.
Oh, we'll get ready alright, don't you worry
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 19:55   Link #3778
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I honestly cannot see us slaughtering anyone unless we start converting all the chances we create into goals.

That said, we are slowly improving, but imho there are still a couple of small tweaks that we might need if we really want to hit the most of the team's current potential:

- First thing is benching Montolivo in favor of Diamanti who has shown to possess more pace and agonism
- Second, Cassano needs to be subbed out earlier as it's clear he can't be efficient for 90 minutes yet (he's not to be blamed for it though, given what he's been through in the past months), bring in either Di Natale or Giovinco
- Third, Nocerino definetely needs more playing time as he seems to be fit while on the other hand Marchisio, despite doing extremely well so far, looks clearly tired and fatigued.

my 2 cents.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:53   Link #3779
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for If you Italians and Germans don't stop bickering over a simple football match......:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 11:08   Link #3780
Blaat

For Queen and country

Tags
football, soccer