AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 49 46.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 32.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-16, 15:04   Link #41
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Well she knows that Kire/Light has to see people and know their names in order to kill them.
But how does she know that? Unless she had a visit from Ryuk and he told her that Light hasn't done the eyes deal, i don't see how she could know that. Unless her brainpower = L, which i highly doubt.
Old 2006-12-16, 15:46   Link #42
blossomsakura

Ew, I hate Misa's voice. Its annoyyiiingg. I was really shocked when Light says "the fake Kira". I was like "ehhhh??!" why of all sudden another shinigami dropped his notebook? he followed ryuuku eh? or is he also bored?
Old 2006-12-16, 16:10   Link #43
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ its a she! as rem is a female shimigami ~ and im sure the answer will come in due time ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-16, 19:37   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ its a she! as rem is a female shimigami ~ and im sure the answer will come in due time ^_^
She's the best Shimigami out there. <3
Old 2006-12-16, 20:19   Link #45
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, that's what I got out of the sub I have. I said 'even though Light provided for it' because I'm suspicious even though the current situation makes perfect sense given Light's instructions. Also setting myself up for another disappointment, but that's how things go.
Old 2006-12-16, 21:00   Link #46
Ezen
Utawarerumono Obsessor D;

Location: Helping Touka kick some ass and listening to: "Kimi Ga Tame"
Send a message via AIM to Ezen Send a message via MSN to Ezen
Damn after reading the manga that is so NOT the voice I wanted Misa to have. MISA IS NOT LIKE HARUHI, THEREFORE HER VOICE SHOULD NOT SOUND EXACTLY LIKE HARUHI. BLRAHGHAGHRGRBLALALHSDLHE!!!
Old 2006-12-16, 21:05   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezen View Post
Damn after reading the manga that is so NOT the voice I wanted Misa to have. MISA IS NOT LIKE HARUHI, THEREFORE HER VOICE SHOULD NOT SOUND EXACTLY LIKE HARUHI. BLRAHGHAGHRGRBLALALHSDLHE!!!
Seriously, when i heard Misa speak - i didn't think Haruhi at all. She reminded me more of Pachira from Magical Pokan. Makes a lot more sense seeing as though the two characters act the same.
Old 2006-12-16, 23:16   Link #48
Seras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezen View Post
omg lol! i thought the exact same thing - -#
i couldn't get the image of haruhi out of my head the entire time she spoke lol.
Old 2006-12-16, 23:50   Link #49
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Simply a great episode. Yagami Souichirou has got to be one of my favourite characters after L and Light. And unlike his son, doesn't carry that sort of twisted justice with him. He simply kicks ass.

Finally Misa Misa appears!!!

Well, what did you expect? It's already been decided long ago that Hirano Aya would do Misa, I'd be surprised if Hiranos voice changed drastically. So instead of complaining that Misa sounds too much like Haruhi, it should be more like complaining about why Hirano was given the role in the first place.

Personally, I think Hirano didn't do too bad and Misa only appeared for a few minutes for this episode. Give Hirano more time to prove herself, hopefully the Haruhi influence would wane over time.

It's just like sometimes I got so used to listening to Paku Romi as Edward Elric in FMA, that at first it's disorienting when I hear her voice Hitsugaya in Bleach, but over time that disorientation would wear off and it would sound natural.
Old 2006-12-17, 00:20   Link #50
musouka

I was really unimpressed with Hirano, which surprises me because I thought she did really well in Haruhi. Just...everything seemed off. It wasn't so much that she sounded like a screeching, slightly higher Haruhi. It was more that I felt there was an issue with her acting. Instead of losing myself in the character, it was as though she was screaming "IT IS HIRANO AYA PLAYING MISA-MISA!!"

Though I know about half of 2ch disagrees with me, when I hear Kappei as L, I hear L, not "Yamaguchi Kappei as L". Miyano has a few issues with reminding me of Tamaki, but overall he still feels like "Light" to me. Misa? I felt like she was trying too hard and not quite hitting the mark.

But, well, she had about four lines, so it's probably too soon to judge. Maybe she needs some time to settle into the role.
Old 2006-12-17, 00:24   Link #51
CherryMartini

Red face

There's one thing I don't understand about Misa Misa:
Where was Misa when she managed to kill those police officers? I know that she made a deal with Rem about the eyes contract, but where was she anyway?

As a big fan of Light, I say that this episode might be a bit disappointment for me.
Old 2006-12-17, 00:30   Link #52
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryMartini View Post
There's one thing I don't understand about Misa Misa:
Where was Misa when she managed to kill those police officers? I know that she made a deal with Rem about the eyes contract, but where was she anyway?
If you noticed the binoculars on the table in a room, you can make the assumption that she was hiding at some nearby apartment building.
Old 2006-12-17, 00:56   Link #53
DrewGSR

WTF 4-5 months have already passed by in the anime since hey were talking about that ray penbars fiancee and saying that shes been gone for 4 months. those must have been a quick 4 months haha
Old 2006-12-17, 03:18   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Entrance

This is how much confirms the suspense factor in DEATH NOTE. The viewer never knows when about hell starts to break loose, until all the clue pieces fall down and fitting them reveal a ghastly revelation.

Kira the second. The Kira that made the deal for the Shinigami eyes. I do totally condemn the manner how addresses the world to impose its sense of morality and wrong to all people's inhabitants, plus contradicting at the same time the judgement of the original Kira.

I have to figure it out all along that Kira would never snap to such recklessness as to make such audacious act in the TV station.

I can empathize with both L's and Yagami's burning rage. One has to keep his intellect cool while bearing witness on TV senseless deaths on everyone, while the other takes the initiative to break into the building with a bus and forced out the tapes from the Director; clearly that anyone who doesn't agree but rather is pissed off by this "Kira's" presumptuous attitude must stand against and risk a suicidal bet, but fortunately, Yagami's drastic action knew better how to circumvent the identity fatality safely.

Light obviously plans to take advantage of this Kira 2nd and is somewhat grateful, since the police is taken astray with now two different types of clue paths.
He knows better that L's also deduced instantly that there's the unexpected, second Kira after watching the incident at the TV station and likely with all the tapes having been retrieved by the Kira investigation team.
However, he digresses with this Kira, because made the Kira name sullied upon the peoples of the world; Light always makes clear that he's not after the innocent, non-transgressors but Kira 2 minds not if everything is to pleasure Kira.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-17, 05:59   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
i find that strange too...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-17, 06:19   Link #56
Pakxenon
popcorn

Bah spoilers. Bah character design. EPIC WIN BY AYA HIRANO. Auto 10/10'd.
Old 2006-12-17, 08:10   Link #57
Alucard24

But Misa didn't kill Light's father ?? She could easily do that as well as this man from TV who was there.
Old 2006-12-17, 11:56   Link #58
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
But Misa didn't kill Light's father ?? She could easily do that as well as this man from TV who was there.

She killed the police officers and the one task force member cuz she could see clearly what they looked like. Light's father crashed in through the wall and had his head covered while he was outside.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-17, 12:15   Link #59
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I personally like the voices of Misa Misa and Rem.They're very fitting for their characters.

I want to make comments abou this epsiode but it's hard without revealing spoilers lol. So I'll just say this,nothing actually prevents Shinigamis from helping the human they follow,it just so happens that Ryuk is a bastard and just likes watching Light's clever plans.
Old 2006-12-17, 12:23   Link #60
Alucard24

When Light's father enter, she can't see him, that's right but when he leaves, everyone can see his face.

At this moment, I believe she's gone because, she could easily kill Light's father, even if she doesn't see his face well ...

And there is another man at that moment, he even says his name on TV ! Both are unarmed, that's strange...
Closed Thread