AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2010-05-05, 02:51   Link #201
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah, novel does actually have some depth. Something that looks impossible if you just watch anime which was as dumb as plotless lesbo and tit jokes fanservice crap could get.

Now, novels have quite some fanservice too but it is outweighted with the story and characters, while in anime everything is pushed in the background while silly fanservice comedy takes the first place in all it's retardness.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 07:38   Link #202
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

I really urge people not to judge Zero no Tsukaima by its anime. The novel is much much more sophisticated and involves much depth in it. Though lately it is involving more fanservice (e.g. the scene in the fountain in vol. 18) the story is still uncompromised.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 06:41   Link #203
gowfan05

just to clarify, is this series still continuing? I like this series, its very creative and different from alot of other animes and storylines.
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 10:56   Link #204
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Probably not the sales of the third season where horrible. But the novel is still ongoing.
Old 2010-06-13, 08:31   Link #205
abisha

i'm sorry, but would someone be so kind to tell me where can i find the translated chapter 18 of the light novel, or the english summary of it?

and another one, is the chapter 18 of the novel is the last chapter?

forgive my impatience for asking several questions in a post, but i've searched the internet and found no answers at all.

thank you so much in advance.
abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 21:01   Link #206
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
I dont know why im doing these but , is there a planing for a next season?

After getting a heart attack on the last episode of s3 and being totally disappointed ...

no really what am im doing why am im asking? im starting to wonder if i should stard reading manga's too...
Old 2010-07-14, 21:47   Link #207
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisha View Post
i'm sorry, but would someone be so kind to tell me where can i find the translated chapter 18 of the light novel, or the english summary of it?

and another one, is the chapter 18 of the novel is the last chapter?

forgive my impatience for asking several questions in a post, but i've searched the internet and found no answers at all.

thank you so much in advance.
You can try Serenade Beta's VOLUME 18 summary a few pages back. And no, Volume 18 is not the last chapter of the novel. Its still continuing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
I dont know why im doing these but , is there a planing for a next season?

After getting a heart attack on the last episode of s3 and being totally disappointed ...

no really what am im doing why am im asking? im starting to wonder if i should stard reading manga's too...
I don't think there is a plan for a 4th season. The anime is being destroyed beyond repair and the fans are totally disappointed (including me, I stopped watching at season 3 first few ep.).......one thing to note: manga is not really in the same storyline as the novel, if i remember correctly, and tbh i don't quite like the style of the manga

Old 2010-07-15, 12:06   Link #208
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The manga is actually a very good adaption from the novel the problem is that the artstyle is horrible but there is a new manga being published right now buy Yukari Hida wich has great art I think it starts from vol 6 of the novel the problem is that no scans are up on the internet.
Old 2010-07-16, 10:39   Link #209
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Is all the hate directed at season 3 only? Or the whole franchise's anime? Because I liked season 1 and 2, and I haven't watched season 3 yet.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 12:09   Link #210
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Is all the hate directed at season 3 only? Or the whole franchise's anime? Because I liked season 1 and 2, and I haven't watched season 3 yet.
well I think if people started watching ZnT from season 3 then they might very probably think it is a very screwed anime on the whole, and they are right. But for those who watched from season 1 onwards, then we direct our hatred only towards season 3.......let me give you a suggestion, don't watch season 3. Instead, start reading the novel. Remember the touching last ep. of season 2? The novel is over 3 times as touching. And, season 3 has changed so many details it has actually deformed the storyline. You can find more ZnT novels at the usual place, you-know-where....

Old 2010-07-16, 20:54   Link #211
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
well I think if people started watching ZnT from season 3 then they might very probably think it is a very screwed anime on the whole, and they are right. But for those who watched from season 1 onwards, then we direct our hatred only towards season 3.......let me give you a suggestion, don't watch season 3. Instead, start reading the novel. Remember the touching last ep. of season 2? The novel is over 3 times as touching. And, season 3 has changed so many details it has actually deformed the storyline. You can find more ZnT novels at the usual place, you-know-where....
Agreed, season 1 and 2 tried to stay with the storyline more, while 3 was nearly pure fanservice.
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 04:56   Link #212
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iealchemist View Post
Agreed, season 1 and 2 tried to stay with the storyline more, while 3 was nearly pure fanservice.
Actually both seasons changed a lot, its just in season 1 it felt less, while season 2 already had to ride season's ones mistakes (I call it mistakes as the more changed were created the more story had to be rewritten in later seasons to mach those changes. Season two made even more unnecessarily changes which made season three to almost rewrite the series completely.

Now they have problems because novels and anime do not match much, if they were to make another season they need to rewrite the series rather than just faithfully follow the novels because currently the changes make it impossible to do. And again because the success of season 3 was small (fans were disappointed as the show with decent drama turned into a complete fan-service jumble). So noone is very eager to try again as last season sold badly and now they not only are unsure how it will do on market but also need to rewrite the series as cannot follow the brilliantly done novels. Tough place to be in but they drove themselves in here so I cannot say I pity them.

All that they needed to do was to follow novels and not make ridiculous changes that would screw the plot but they were not willing to do and as a result now they have to watch novel still ongoing strong and popular while they themselves cannot use that because they shot themselves in the foot with all those changes.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:04   Link #213
mrhappyskull

On the other hand, season 3 is perfectly enjoyable if you've enjoyed it up to that point. It has a lot going for it, counting the humor, and of course, Rie Kugimiya as Louise. The ending just begs for more. As it seems unlikely there will be, that is my only disappointment.

It is much easier to backwards and read the book after watching the show than to do the reverse. That's a general truth for any property, and a large part of why season 3 gets such hate. I don't have that problem since my Japanese unfortunately isn't good enough to read the novels. I hopebI get the chance someday though.
mrhappyskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 20:51   Link #214
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappyskull View Post
On the other hand, season 3 is perfectly enjoyable if you've enjoyed it up to that point. It has a lot going for it, counting the humor, and of course, Rie Kugimiya as Louise. The ending just begs for more. As it seems unlikely there will be, that is my only disappointment.

It is much easier to backwards and read the book after watching the show than to do the reverse. That's a general truth for any property, and a large part of why season 3 gets such hate. I don't have that problem since my Japanese unfortunately isn't good enough to read the novels. I hopebI get the chance someday though.
well you don't really need to read the raws, there are translated versions of Zero no Tsukaima up to volume 12.

Old 2010-08-19, 06:53   Link #215
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappyskull View Post

You do know they are translated in english and can be read for free online, right?

So what kind of Japanese language you are talking about?

True the translated ZnT novels reach at volume 12 but agains thats where the season 3 ends so you can compare the two perfectly fine.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:33   Link #216
iceredwing

if you actually enjoyed the anime to some extent. You will find that reading the book is better. Outside of a few episodes , I really felt that the entire series lacked any content. And because they rushed through the story, a lot of the character development was missing. From my experience watching the anime, I found myself annoyed with the behavior of a lot of the characters because a lot of their neuroticism aren't quite explained in full. And if you can't understand the characters behavior, you just end up finding them annoying at the end.

Plus the order is out of whack in the anime. They also skipped (what I feel) was a very important volume (which is 8), in regards to what transpires after everyone thought Saito was dead from the battle.

The characters reaction to his apparent death was much more meaningful & touching in the book, especially Louise

Last edited by iceredwing; 2010-08-26 at 02:27.
iceredwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 22:59   Link #217
mimichi

yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
that is something i can't believe!

Here is a question for you to answer for me, why didn't the thief of crumbling dirt, didn;t do her crumbling dirt thing, like she did before when she was after the staff of destruction?

It's seems to me like she took thr more difficult route...
Have you ever watched KisXSis?
mimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:53   Link #218
xtrablu
Black Knight

Is it confirmed for how much longer the series will run?
Old 2010-12-21, 05:15   Link #219
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The novel series? No it hasn't been confirmed. I personally think that they will end soon but that's just my take. The story could easily have ten more volumes.
Old 2011-03-16, 12:11   Link #220
HuNGaricum

hello guys! I'm new at ZnT world and i want to ask something
Are there any other translation projects besides BakaTsuki translation project? I really want to read the novels
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote