AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 08:10   Link #3221
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
Tsukihime is amazing. You won't regret reading it. Just don't watch the anime.
Too late... yeah, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
There's only one connection: Zelretch
He's mentioned in the Tsukihime prolouge and has a cameo appearance in FSN.
Nothing more than that.
Also it seems FSN took place in 2000, not 2004 as we guessed. I don't know if it's true to Tsukihime as well. I guess instead of the release date, TM choose the start of the game's development.
Time of development makes sense too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I want to play Tsukihime but I'd rather wait for it's re-release. I've looked at it and the drawings look really bad.
What do you mean they look really bad? It's the first one man, you can't expect perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Well... it only covers Arcueid's route, but the manga is actually quite excellent, if you don't want to wait for a re-release that could come God-knows-when.
So there is no release date for the new one?
Old 2010-11-23, 08:30   Link #3222
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So there is no release date for the new one?
They've announced that they're making one, and confirmed that it will have new artwork and sound (along with heavily hinting at a new route; that will make six routes! How come FSN only got three, again?). But they have not yet, as far as I can find, stated what the release date is, whether it will have voice acting this time, and whether or not the erotic content will still be included.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 08:48   Link #3223
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Psh, I'll play the current version then. There is no telling how long it will take, especially when it was announced recently. This kind of thing takes years to make.

And yes, having more route in Fate would have been nice. I guess we would have gotten an Illya and Taiga route?
Old 2010-11-23, 09:06   Link #3224
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Ilya, Taiga, Rider, Ayako...

*shot repeatedly*
Old 2010-11-23, 09:32   Link #3225
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
They've announced that they're making one, and confirmed that it will have new artwork and sound (along with heavily hinting at a new route; that will make six routes! How come FSN only got three, again?).
Well, it's somewhat difficult to have that many routes in a VN based around a war between seven masters and seven servants (including the bad guys, of course). A relationship with an enemy servant is pretty much out due to the mechanics of the war, and it's difficult to envisage a route based around an ordinary person. The only other route they could plausibly have done would be an Ilya route (Rider is out because of her devotion to Sakura, and Caster is just too evil, really), and it's possible that, were there to be a FSN remake, Ilya would indeed get a route of her own. The sixth route will almost certainly be a Sacchin route, which isn't surprising given that her lack of a route has now become an internet meme....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 10:47   Link #3226
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
To FSN's defense, the 3 routes look drastically different. While in Tsukihime you have the Near Side and Far Side branches. The 5 routes are packed into that two groups and they have little differences till the middle.
To be short, in Tsukihime the routes are generally only add to specific heroine's development while in FSN each route is essentially a different set of story.

Also as an avid Ciel/Hisui fan I am against just reading the manga. The manga is an amped up version of Arc's route with some addition from the other heroines' backstory and original material. I don't think Tsukihime VN is ugly. Yes, low on effects and old-style BGM but I think it's fine. Not as revolutionary as FSN but the solid plot is more than enough compensation for that.

Quote:
Wasn't Tsukihime also the first mention of the Church Executors and the Burial Agency? Seeing Ciel in action helps explain Kotomine's awesomeness a bit.
Indeed. And there are many other terms overlapping with Tsukihime. But so far Zelretch is the only direct relation between Tsukihime and FSN.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 11:37   Link #3227
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

There's no voices in Tsukihime, right?
Old 2010-11-23, 12:03   Link #3228
Cherry_Lover

Nope (and nor are there voices in the PC version of FSN). However, the fact that Nasu added voices to RN suggests that, at some point, he decided that they were worth having.
Old 2010-11-23, 12:08   Link #3229
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
However, the fact that Nasu added voices to RN suggests that, at some point, he decided that they were worth having.
I think that was more the market speaking than Nasu specifically. Voices add to sales. This has been proven over and over.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:11   Link #3230
Cherry_Lover

Well, yes....

That does not, however, invalidate my point in any way.
Old 2010-11-23, 12:34   Link #3231
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's all about the money. Having voices sells more because it's just plain better. You get a better feel for the characters and the situations. It's a mystery how they manage to screw up anime adaptations since it's all pretty much there for them, they just need to animate.

And I am reading One Day now, it's really funny.
Old 2010-11-23, 12:55   Link #3232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Well... it only covers Arcueid's route, but the manga is actually quite excellent, if you don't want to wait for a re-release that could come God-knows-when.
Yeah I've been reading the manga. It's supposedly finished but I can't find the last few chapters. There have been more chapters put up recently but it's been so long that they barely made any sense to me. I may have to read the whole thing, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What do you mean they look really bad? It's the first one man, you can't expect perfection.
I know I know, and if it was the only thing available then I'd read it but the prospect of a new release makes me wonder if it's worth simply waiting.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:58   Link #3233
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I know I know, and if it was the only thing available then I'd read it but the prospect of a new release makes me wonder if it's worth simply waiting.
I wouldn't wait. It could be years until it's out. Not to mention the translation. You'll be waiting a long time.
Old 2010-11-23, 12:59   Link #3234
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Figures.

Well I can't wait for Witch on The Holy Night. Azaka fans like us might enjoy it. XD
Old 2010-11-23, 13:29   Link #3235
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I wish it were an anime... cause that will probably never be translated.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:45   Link #3236
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

People where saying the same thing about F/SN and Tsukihime before but we still got translations. It's really amazing that we actually got a translation of F/SN considering it's leangth and that it's Nasu language.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:58   Link #3237
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
People where saying the same thing about F/SN and Tsukihime before but we still got translations. It's really amazing that we actually got a translation of F/SN considering it's leangth and that it's Nasu language.
Then what of F/HA? Is it not good enough and no one has to motivation to bother translating it? You need the people to code the patch too. It's a lot of work and a lot of time.
Old 2010-11-23, 14:08   Link #3238
Cherry_Lover

IIRC the guy who runs Mirror Moon doesn't like it, so he refused to do it, and the alternate translation project is a little slow....
Old 2010-11-24, 11:57   Link #3239
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well just to let everyone know, Take-Moon is getting an anime adaptation...
Old 2010-11-24, 12:12   Link #3240
GDB

Quote:
Well just to let everyone know, Take-Moon is getting an anime adaptation...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...gies-get-anime

For those, like myself, who had no idea wtf Take Moon was.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel