AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 15:27   Link #381
willx
Nyaaan~~

Random - I have several characters with lethality.. I don't think I've ever seen it trigger. Then again I mash "start" when clearing up randoms on normal difficulty..
Old 2013-03-19, 18:40   Link #382
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ i think you have to have high skills for it to props more. i didnt really care much for
lethality cause i love using "BRUTE" strength to kill things then instant kill it.
Old 2013-03-19, 18:48   Link #383
Shadow5YA

Lethality's proc rate is Skill/4 %... which is easily the lowest proc rate out of all attack skills. Even if you were to have a high Skill cap of 60, that's still only a 15% proc rate. More often than not you'll kill a unit without its help.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 19:15   Link #384
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Lethality... I actually had Lon'qu upgrade to an Assasin just for that, then switched him to a Swordsmaster... it actually activates quite often, so I'd say it was worth it~
Old 2013-03-19, 21:27   Link #385
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Lethality's proc rate is Skill/4 %... which is easily the lowest proc rate out of all attack skills. Even if you were to have a high Skill cap of 60, that's still only a 15% proc rate. More often than not you'll kill a unit without its help.
Unless you put it on a Chrom fathered Inigo! 25% proc rate!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 21:58   Link #386
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Who ever said shipping was easy? After some revision...
lol, what happened to not going with the breeder mentality?

Quote:
Damn, but he's a Myrmidon But I suppose I have more than enough melee...

But then again, Donnel's support conversation with Lissa is rather cute...
Donnel is doable, but his -1 max Spd modifier isn't really desirable for Owain if you want him to say as a Myrmidon. A Myrmidon would like to be as fast as possible, so someone who gives Spd boosts would be better.

Whoever Donnel fathers, make sure he passes down Aptitude, since that 20% increase in growth rates is helpful and cuts down some of the grinding.

Quote:
I heard Ricken might be doable.
Ricken is fine, though there is some class overlap since Maribelle already passes down Mage/Sage.

Libra or Henry would be ideal for Maribelle since they can also pass down Dark Mage to Brady.

Quote:
I'm think of keeping Fredrick for Panne despite the speed drop... Hopefully it's not that bad.
Well... since you're on normal, I don't think any non-ideal pairing is going to ruin your chances of beating it. The children aren't even required to beat the game, as evident by them being recruited in the optional Paralogues.

I would however recommend someone who gives spd like Virion, Lon'qu, Vaike, or Gaius.

Quote:
I heard Kellam would help Miriel's son in his defense problem...
Both Miriel and her son are Mages. You don't expect high defense from them, just like you don't expect physical classes like Lord to have high Mag. Since Miriel has both Mage/Sage and Dark Mage/Sorceror already, any high Mag parent is fine. There's whoever isn't taken between Libra, Henry, and Ricken.

If you want to help Laurent's durability, reclass him to a Dark Mage, which has higher Def than a Mage. The Nosferatu dark tome also heals for half the damage it inflicts, which will greatly help his survivability on Enemy Phase.

Quote:
What about Vaike or Gaius for Cherche?
Vaike is the better choice since he offers the highest Str out of all the males and passes down Barbarian, which is important for Gerome to have access to Berserker for Axefaire.

Quote:
How about Donnel? Or even Henry?
Both are fine, though Henry will most likely be taken by another female for his magic and Dark Mage class.

I would still recommend Frederick, Stahl, or Kellam here to stack with Nowi's high Def modifiers.

Quote:
I'm thinking of Stahl for Cordelia and Gregor for Sully.
Eh... Stahl is okay, but he doesn't really offer much to Severa. Stahl passes down Cavalier, Myrmidon, or Archer. Severa doesn't really care about the Archer classes. Cavalier offers Aegis from Paladin and Dual Guard+ from Great Knight, but those are better for tanking and support when Severa would probably be the best as an offensive unit. That leaves Myrmidon, which gives access to Swordmaster and Assassin. However, you want Spd if you're using those classes, and other characters like Lon'qu and Gaius are better fathers in that case.

Gregor's modifiers are fine for Sully, but it's more of a question about what you want Kjelle to be since Gregor only offers Mercenary and Troubadour, and Troubadour is almost useless in this case since Kjelle will have poor Mag unless you want to grind her all the way to lv15 Valkryie just for the Dual Support+ skill.
If you want Kjelle to use axes, make sure Gregor reclasses to Barbarian/Berserker to get Axefaire to pass down to Kjelle. If you want Kjelle to stick with Lances, Donnel or Gaius would be the better choices since they both pass down Pegasus Knight which allows Kjelle to get Lancefaire from Falcon Knight.
Old 2013-03-19, 22:05   Link #387
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless you put it on a Chrom fathered Inigo! 25% proc rate!
Eh... in that case I would rather have Sol for healing. Assuming 60 Skl (which is already generous depending on class) and Rightful King's 10% skill activation rate increase, that would be a 70% proc rate. For offensive damage skills, there's still Luna or Astra, both with a Skl/2 % rate. With Rightful King and 60 Skl, that's a 40% proc rate for both. Lethality is the least reliable skill there is. The only reason I would use it is for the novelty.
Old 2013-03-19, 22:32   Link #388
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
lol, what happened to not going with the breeder mentality?
I'm trying to strike a fine balance Otherwise I would have asked for MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY !

I have most of them sitting on A ranking and just waiting to be pushed over the edge... I mean marriage.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:24   Link #389
Xacual

Quote:
Whoever Donnel fathers, make sure he passes down Aptitude, since that 20% increase in growth rates is helpful and cuts down some of the grinding.
Wouldn't you want Donnel to father Nah and pass down Underdog since for a Manakete it would be always active?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:47   Link #390
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wouldn't you want Donnel to father Nah and pass down Underdog since for a Manakete it would be always active?
No, the hit rate bonus is entirely negligible with high Skl and supports. The same goes for the avoid bonus: either your character has high enough Spd and has enough Support bonuses to avoid reliably already or they don't. It's not worth the skill slot.

While it's true Aptitude is useless at End/Postgame with infinite grinding and Second Seals, it can at least lessen the grind by helping your character cap their stats that much more quickly.

As for Donnel being a father, technically his stat cap modifiers are poor and Kellam is better as Nah's father to put her Def even higher since Manaketes have naturally high Def along with their Dragonstone(+).
The only reason you'd want to make Donnel a father is because of Aptitude as mentioned before or because he also gives his daughter access to Pegasus Knight, which gives them access to Galeforce from the Dark Flier tree.
Old 2013-03-20, 04:29   Link #391
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How does the inherit skills work? You pick one skill each from the parent to pass to the child? But wouldn't they already have it if they get all of the parent's basic possible class as well?

Oh wait, gender specific classes?
Old 2013-03-20, 09:02   Link #392
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
How does the inherit skills work? You pick one skill each from the parent to pass to the child? But wouldn't they already have it if they get all of the parent's basic possible class as well?

The last equipped skill of each parent gets inherited except for Chrom and Lucina's children that will always inherit Astral!
Old 2013-03-20, 09:04   Link #393
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
The last equipped skill of each parent gets inherited except for Chrom and Lucina's children that will always inherit Astral!
The last equipped skill... Meaning what exactly? The skill that is at the bottom of the five choice?
Old 2013-03-20, 09:06   Link #394
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
The last equipped skill... Meaning what exactly? The skill that is at the bottom of the five choice?
Correctamundo! So basically, for every female character you can that can be a pegasus knight that will have male offspring.. you want them to pass on galeforce!
Old 2013-03-20, 09:08   Link #395
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Correctamundo! So basically, for every female character you can that can be a pegasus knight that will have male offspring.. you want them to pass on galeforce!
Hmmm... So the highly coveted X-chromosome skill is galeforce, then what is the highly coveted Y-chromosome skill?
Old 2013-03-20, 11:26   Link #396
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Hmmm... So the highly coveted X-chromosome skill is galeforce, then what is the highly coveted Y-chromosome skill?
The only male exclusive classes are Berserker and Warrior (from Barbarian and Fighter). Berserker gives Wrath and Axefaire, while Warrior gives Rally Strength and Counter.

Unlike Galeforce which works well on any offensive unit, the male exclusive skills are a little more situational. Axefaire gives +5atk when using axes, so it's definitely the best to inherit for female axe users like a Hero Severa.
However Wrath, Counter, and Rally Strength are all useful as well.
Rally Strength buffs +4 Str for all units within 3 tiles for the remainder of the Player Phase and the following Enemy Phase, but it's situational because it assumes that you're using the unit as a support unit dedicated to Rallying.
Counter automatically inflicts the same amount of damage inflicted at 1 range on the user back onto the enemy. On Lunatic+ or whenever you fight lategame Warriors, this skill can make Enemy Phase a nightmare when your units counterattack during a skirmish they initiate. However, for the player to take the highest advantage from this skill, they need 1) to have high HP and low defense to maximize the damage they take to maximize the Counter damage they inflict, 2) relatively low Avoid so that they can get hit and Counter will work, and
3) a reliable method of healing during attacks like the Hero's Sol or a Dark Mage/Sorceror's Nosferatu so that they don't die. tl;dr - Counter requires the proper setup.
Wrath gives +20% critical when your unit is under 50% HP. But again, this is going to require the proper setup. Your unit is going to need high HP, most likely the cap of 80 HP so they they can be at half HP and still survive. They need high Def/Res, so that they take less damage at low HP. They will also need Vantage from Myrmidon, which allows them to attack first even on Enemy Phase so that they can take advantage of Wrath and kill the enemy before the enemy kills them. For added measure, the unit might also need the Priest/Cleric's Renewal, which lets them survive a fatal blow with 1 HP at a Luck% proc rate.

Overall I would say Axefaire is the best choice followed by Counter, but Axefaire assumes your female child will be using axes and Counter needs your unit to get hit for it to be useful.

For female exclusive skills, there is Lancefaire and Rally Speed from Falcon Knight, Rally Resistance and Dual Support+ from Valkryie, and Rally Movement from Dark Flier, but the Dark Flier's Galeforce is far superior to what any of the other skills can offer. Galeforce allows a unit to act again if they kill an enemy unit during Player Phase. That means another 5-8 movement to move away back to safety and heal, or move further in to kill another unit. If you have a Paired Up duo with both having Galeforce, you can have one unit kill and activate Galeforce, move and switch to kill with your other unit to activate his/her Galeforce, then act for the 3rd time.

Quote:

When you enter the Paralogue with the 2nd gen character inside, the child will start at lv10 of their base class (which means they'll automatically have both skills for their base class) and have one skill inherited from each parent: the last skill in their skills list. This of course allows female children to get Skills from normally Male exclusive classes from their fathers and male children to get skills from female exclusive classes from their mothers. The only exception is Chrom who automatically passes down Aether to his daughters and Rightful King to his sons whether he has hit lv5 or lv15 Great Lord respectively and learned those skills himself or not.
For the child's base class, Lucina starts out as a Lord, Owain starts out as a Myrmidon, Kjelle starts out as a Knight, Noire starts out as an Archer, Inigo and Severa start out as Mercenaries, Gerome starts out as a Wyvern Knight, Nah starts out as a Manakete, and Yarne starts out as a Taguel. For Morgan, he/she will be the opposite gender of the Avatar and start out as the base class of the Avatar's spouse. For example, if the Avatar marries Cherche, Morgan will start as a Wyvern Knight. The exception is if Avatar marries Chrom or Lucina (Lord cannot be passed down), which makes Morgan default to Tactician.

Certain classes are gender exclusive. Fighter and Barbarian are male only, which means their promoted versions Berserker and Warrior are also male only. While the male exclusive Fighter can promote to a Hero, a unit can also promote to a Hero from Mercenary, so therefore Hero is not gender exclusive. The DLC class Dread Fighter is also male only, but since DLC classes and skills cannot be passed down, we'll ignore this.
For females, Pegasus Knight and Troubadour are exclusive to their gender, making Falconknight, Dark Flier, and Valkyrie female only as well. While Troubadour can promote to a War Monk/Cleric, a Priest/Cleric can as well, so War Monk/Cleric is not gender exclusive. Bride is female only as well, but because it's a DLC class and cannot pass down skills, we'll ignore this.
The reason why you pass down those gender exclusive skills is because it will not be possible for your child to have them otherwise. They inherit all the other classes so they can learn the rest eventually, but male children cannot get Galeforce on their own and female children cannot get Axefaire, Wrath, Counter, or Rally Strength, so the only choice is to have their parents pass it down.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-03-20 at 11:53.
Old 2013-03-20, 17:22   Link #397
Iron Maw
Banned

Is there any reason to even use Sniper? Seems it to be the worse promoted class in game, not much going for it at all.

Quote:
Random - I have several characters with lethality.. I don't think I've ever seen it trigger. Then again I mash "start" when clearing up randoms on normal difficulty..
It's an instant kill unblockable move. Low trigger rate is only fair otherwise Assassins would be most broken class game be far.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 18:16   Link #398
Shadow5YA

Nope... Snipers suck in this game. If you want 2 range, tome users can do it better, and if you want bows specifically, Assassins use them with their superior stats.

If the game's maps were better designed and there were actual walls and chokepoints, Snipers could get some use out with Longbows, but they're not. Most of the maps are open field with random terrain thrown out, so there's no way they can actually snipe an enemy unit without that enemy unit coming straight for them on Enemy Phase.
Old 2013-03-20, 22:04   Link #399
GDB

3-range bows. That's the reason to use Snipers. And the worst promoted class is Bow Knight, since they are literally outclassed in every category except movement by Assassins. They don't even get 3-range bows.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 22:18   Link #400
Shadow5YA

Like I said, the mostly open field maps don't really let Snipers take advantage of 3-range bows that well compared to other games.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem