AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 73 56.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 29.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-18, 14:50   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ ] View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-18, 14:51   Link #82
EragonJeriel
heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Hobo View Post
Light's too much of a pimp with the younger girls now to be chasing after older women. He can have any girl he wants, why would he settle for the depressed old lady :P
Exactly! He wants a change ya see he gets young girls 2 easily
By the way it was pretty scary when the face of noami changed, it shocked me more than any horrow show
Old 2006-11-18, 15:02   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
or in other words hes "rubbing salt onto the wound" or hes "having the last laugh"...however you put it it shows that he is and imature brat (only smarter) that loves to tease his victims

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-18, 15:04   Link #84
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ ] View Post
The thing is the death only takes place in the way determined if it is realistically possible for the person to do so. People can't write facts they don't know and wont (without a reason) act massively different than they normally would. She was DETERMINED to help the comission find kira, or do so herself, a suicide at that moment in time was absoloutly out of question. The only way to truly make sure she was broken enough that her mind would really wander and continue to wander that way was to truly destroy her.. revealing to her that she just gave her name to kira herself would do that.
Light didn't feel the need to provide the source of her suicidal depression the first time he tried to kill nor, nor did he have any trouble with the random criminals he tested. Ray's death would have been sufficient for the Death Note. However, I agree that, with Light's declaration, that became the cause of her suicide instead.

What I'm saying is that it was completely unnecessary and very risky (if she somehow had another layer to her secrecy, or if Ryuk had been laughing about some other things as well), declaring his identity like that. It was mainly done, not out of cold calculation, but self-satisfaction, ego and cruelty.

Admittedly, the overwhelming sense of relief that he managed to defeat and outwit this very dangerous woman and the surging sense of triumph that came with it probably made him savour this moment in a much more unseemingly way than if the situation had been any less tense. Although this is perhaps too light of an analogy, it's like winning a sports match. If it were an easy victory, you'd probably shake hands in a dignified manner, say "Good game" and go your separate ways. However, if it were a rough, bitterly-fought game in which you only barely eked out a victory, your first reaction might be to yell/scream, pump your fists in the air, race madly around the court/field and drink in the adulation of your fans without any care for how depressed your opponent would be.

And although I complained in my first post about how lucky Light was with the snow, I think in the end, the police officer himself was a device to enhance the tension of the episode, and the snowfall merely the way to resolve it.
Old 2006-11-18, 15:11   Link #85
DrewGSR

Damn this episode was good, show just keeps getting better and better each episode. I just love how dark this episode was and even though i kinda i feel bad that Naomi died, i kept thinking about how Light was going to kill her and was like oh snap pwned when he did haha.
Old 2006-11-18, 15:55   Link #86
GUTB_

If the anime follows the manga, this is prbably the high point, and from here on out it will start getting borning/stupid.
Old 2006-11-18, 16:23   Link #87
Pakxenon
popcorn

8/10. I loved Light's sweet talks and outright lies, but I couldn't stand for two things: the outright lies (extremely hard to watch) and Naomi's unbelievable/unreasonable actions. I couldn't believe that an EX-FBI AGENT could fall for such a trap. Aside from my own opinions/this community's giant debates, this is an excellent showcase of Light's inner evil.
Old 2006-11-18, 17:32   Link #88
myopius

juri_miki, in episodes 2 and 3, all that's announced is that Kira is in Kanto. That he's suspected to be a student was only communicated to the NPA by L in conference. Light finds out it by hacking into his dad's computer. Check out episode 3, it's from 07:35-08:05 in TW's sub. That he was suspected to have access to the NPA's information was only deduced by L (because he was able to anticipate how Kira thinks, as Kira knew he would), and was never realized by the NPA: see episode 3, 09:55-10:45. (I'm not citing this in an attempt to prove that it wasn't unreasonable for Naomi to be tricked, but just so you're aware of who knows what. It only gets more complex from here. x.x)
Old 2006-11-18, 17:46   Link #89
xfuture

I think it was reasonable for Naomi to be tricked.

She did better than Ray, and they both did better than Lind L Taylor.

If Naomi had known about the profile L had on Kira, THEN it would be very unreasonable for her to be tricked.
Old 2006-11-18, 20:05   Link #90
Ptolemi
Banned

I still can't believe people are going on with their stupid comments on how it was impossible for her to get tricked.

Plus i didn't like the LENGHT of her realization that he was Kira. I wanted her to shed a few tears and exchange a few words with him before she was taken over by the Death Note. Her expression didn't stay on the screen for long enough.
Old 2006-11-18, 20:29   Link #91
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
Plus i didn't like the LENGHT of her realization that he was Kira. I wanted her to shed a few tears and exchange a few words with him before she was taken over by the Death Note. Her expression didn't stay on the screen for long enough.
Hmm, it might be more satisfying for you, but I think it would reduce the overall impact of the scene. The intense emotions conveyed by her long, stunned, and absolutely terrified silence would have been ruined if she simply accepted that terrible declaration like it was a comment about the weather and had the composure to carry on a rational conversation.
Old 2006-11-18, 22:39   Link #92
Blaster

Quote:
I still can't believe people are going on with their stupid comments on how it was impossible for her to get tricked.
I agree. Which is precisely the reason why she wasn't a FBI agent anymore because she's too stupid.

She actually gave a piece important information to someone she doesn't even know. She told him her deductions and everything else. It is sure disturbing to find FBI agents spilling everything to a random stranger. It seems to me that the only thing she learn is to hide her identity and do deductions.

I would say she deserved to die because she made Light want to kill her by not shutting her mouth.
Old 2006-11-19, 00:35   Link #93
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Another kick ass episode everyone has already touched on the important part so there is no need to repeat them. But i will say this i kept a small space open for Light to have some redemption at least in my mind after this episode its gone.

Everyone keeps saying hes doing this for a better world well if i had to live in a world created by Light i would rather die. His ego and sick pleasuer in killing an innocent women made me angry more than sad. He already took something precious from her now he takes something else. I am convienced more than ever that he enjoys killing people no matter who they are. I dont know how it ended in the manga but if i had my way Lights death would go on for monthes slowly and very agonizing a quick death is no suitable for him. At least if what Ryuk said is true when he does die he better not be looking foward to the after life after what hes done
Old 2006-11-19, 00:59   Link #94
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Thats just the thing though, light wasnt a random stranger. Its revealed to Naomi that he's the son of one of the high ranking police officers involved and that hes helped with cases before in the police station.
Old 2006-11-19, 01:11   Link #95
Ptolemi
Banned

Edge don't froget to factor in that she is under emotional stress, she was given a glimpse of hope to releave her anger, he reminded her of L, he totaly and completely logically let her know that he can't possibly be Kira. That adds up to a "yeah i can trust him"

Now the coincidence that he out of millions was Kira was so damn low that just luck isn't with her.

Also to the other guy who said her expression should not have been longer. I think if it stayed on a few seconds longer, she shed a tear, and said "I despise you with all of my being" and he said " Tell your fiance hi for me." NOW THAT would have been hardcore.
Old 2006-11-19, 01:42   Link #96
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Spoiler:
episode rating- 10

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-19, 02:49   Link #97
Codex

Guys ... mark your manga spoilers!
Old 2006-11-19, 03:38   Link #98
chikkychappy

^No. There isn't supposed to be ANY manga spoiler.
Old 2006-11-19, 04:03   Link #99
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You could say its not fair, but then again - everyone who has died up until now including the FBI agents was not fair... its not just with Death Note, the world we live in isn't a fair place. I agree what you're saying really - also on the fact that the ending to the episode did have one hell of an emotional impact that's very rare to see these days.
Get used to it, there will be few more deaths up ahead. <edit by Mod (xris) possible manga spoiler removed>

Last edited by xris; 2006-11-19 at 06:06.
Old 2006-11-19, 06:09   Link #100
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Reminder

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.

You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!

• If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Closed Thread