AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-04, 11:18   Link #3041
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
i) The people they have been listing involving in this rerun does not include Yamakan, for personal or corporate issues or whatever. And Yamakan's still in those credits.
It's not like they can retroactively remove him from having already worked on S1, right? The credits for the S2 episodes should reflect any changes in staff.
Old 2009-04-04, 11:54   Link #3042
Hedd
Random Object

Question: Why isn't Haruhi in the current series list yet when its been everything but verified that a new season is airing and FMA was stuck up there almost a week before the remake is scheduled to air?
Old 2009-04-04, 12:08   Link #3043
Solachinx
is a myth

^ Because, technically, there is no OFFICIAL confirmation that the other 14 episodes are S2 AND because, currently, S1 is still airing, thus making it "not new"
Old 2009-04-04, 13:10   Link #3044
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You know...if this is a 28 episode show, than all those rather weird wording references this last year or so would actually make sense. They cancelled the second season..why, because they were going to integrate it into the first, thus making it one continuous whole. They stopped calling it the Second Season of Haruhi for the same reason. If the two parts are not seperated, it is hard to define a first or second season.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:21   Link #3045
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You know...if this is a 28 episode show, than all those rather weird wording references this last year or so would actually make sense. They cancelled the second season..why, because they were going to integrate it into the first, thus making it one continuous whole. They stopped calling it the Second Season of Haruhi for the same reason. If the two parts are not seperated, it is hard to define a first or second season.

Then what about the statement where they said they were cancelling it for "a new anime product" (I think, it something like that or similar to it)
Old 2009-04-04, 15:47   Link #3046
ReneeBurossamu

Ummm. So I was lurking on the SOS-Dan imageboard.

http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/ne...03_haruhi_2nd/

The blog is overconfident in the fact that there will be 14 episodes. Can someone translate the picture of the schedule and the talk about "new"???
(The blog is in English, however.)

... I'll occupy myself with Haruhi-chan.
It's sad to say... but it's kinda cute and sort of funny.
Old 2009-04-04, 16:01   Link #3047
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Alright, woot! It is the DVD version.

Good, they need that for BLR setup anyway.
Old 2009-04-04, 16:01   Link #3048
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
Can someone translate the picture of the schedule and the talk about "new"???
(The blog is in English, however.)
There is nothing to translate. It says exactly what it says. Haruhi has the (新) symbol which means the show is new. Spice and Wolf has the (再) symbol which means the show is a repeat.

i.e. It would be odd for Haruhi to be labeled (新) if it was just a repeat and it clearly wasn't a mistake.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:01   Link #3049
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ah, just watched this 'rerun'.

Few impressions:

-This show is still made of awesome and WTF, even after all these years.

-This show is still one of the most beautifully animated shows to date, even after all these years.

-I still have no idea how they managed to fit nearly two chapters worth of material into 21 minutes... and skip next to nothing. It's incredible how long the episodes end up feeling.

Man, if there's one show worth rewatching again and again, it's Haruhi.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:21   Link #3050
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
-This show is still made of awesome and WTF, even after all these years.

-This show is still one of the most beautifully animated shows to date, even after all these years.

-I still have no idea how they managed to fit nearly two chapters worth of material into 21 minutes... and skip next to nothing. It's incredible how long the episodes end up feeling.

Man, if there's one show worth rewatching again and again, it's Haruhi.
[/understatement]

I agree with all those points, though. I forgot how...pretty the series was until now.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:32   Link #3051
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

You know I think now that it is 'airing', there really should be a new thread for it rather then this old clogged one.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:33   Link #3052
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
You know I think now that it is 'airing', there really should be a new thread for it rather then this old clogged one.
It's an airing of a licensed show, is the problem.

Might get something if the YouTube releases are subbed.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:39   Link #3053
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Question: Why isn't Haruhi in the current series list yet when its been everything but verified that a new season is airing and FMA was stuck up there almost a week before the remake is scheduled to air?
Because "everything but verified" is a fancy way of saying "not verified". This could be yet another Kadokawa troll. This could be the broadcast stations trolling us to get better ratings. This could be yet another example of our notoriously lazy anime "news" sites peforming their normal "copypasta" news gathering technique.

Until someone official from Kadokawa or KyoAni comes out and says "Yeah, we've got 14 new episodes sprinkled in there," we "know" nothing.

And I think that might be Kadokawa's genius. Here we fans are ripping, seeding, leeching, arguing, ranting, raving, lamenting, positing, and most of all watching what is officially still a rerun. If I were Kadokawa, I'd keep my mouth shut no matter what the truth is. At the very least, it will ensure some pretty good ratings for at least those first eight episodes...
Old 2009-04-04, 18:39   Link #3054
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, someone wake me up when its at episode 14. >.>

I just think a new thread (even if its for ep 1-13) would be better then just adding to this one that's full up. Just keep it to episodic discussion like threads in the Licenced and Unlicenced forum.

Guess I'll just check back in a few weeks then looking for an ep 14 thread, if there is on.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:40   Link #3055
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Because "everything but verified" is a fancy way of saying "not verified". This could be yet another Kadokawa troll. This could be the broadcast stations trolling us to get better ratings. This could be yet another example of our notoriously lazy anime "news" sites peforming their normal "copypasta" news gathering technique.

Until someone official from Kadokawa or KyoAni comes out and says "Yeah, we've got 14 new episodes sprinkled in there," we "know" nothing.

And I think that might be Kadokawa's genius. Here we fans are ripping, seeding, leeching, arguing, ranting, raving, lamenting, positing, and most of all watching what is officially still a rerun. If I were Kadokawa, I'd keep my mouth shut no matter what the truth is. At the very least, it will ensure some pretty good ratings for at least those first eight episodes...
You're way too pessimistic.

A better way to look at it, I think, is that, even if it is a rerun, it's the best rerun ever.

Quote:
Well, someone wake me up when its at episode 14. >.>

I just think a new thread (even if its for ep 1-13) would be better then just adding to this one that's full up. Just keep it to episodic discussion like threads in the Licenced and Unlicenced forum.
Episode 8. A new episode should premier for Episode 8.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:44   Link #3056
Mr Hat and Clogs

Hmm... to replace "Afternoon in the Rain"?
Old 2009-04-04, 18:51   Link #3057
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Hmm... to replace "Afternoon in the Rain"?
No, no, they're very likely airing it in chronological (DVD) order.

That episode would be much later.

The way it should be going, if I'm right, is:

Melancholy I
Melancholy II
Melancholy III
Melancholy IV
Melancholy V
Melancholy VI
Boredom
New episode
Mysterique Sign
Lone Island I
Lone Island II
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode
Episode 00
Live Alive
Day of Sagittarius
Someday in the Rain
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode
New episode

Should be something like that, give or take a few new episodes. That's if they plan to have new content at all.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:55   Link #3058
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they seem to be broadcasting in "Haruhi Order"...so episode 8 would have been the one with the Cave Cricket with this is just the 14. If they follow the timeline, than the new episode 8 should be "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody".
Old 2009-04-04, 18:59   Link #3059
Mr Hat and Clogs

Mmm I figured they would have dropped it since it was an anime original episode if they were going to stick more to the novels. I didn't occur to me that the episodes would be like that for some reason, I forgot how they jumped around the novels a bit. New episode at 8 huh, Oh Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody would fit between those two. That would be winner.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:06   Link #3060
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well they seem to be broadcasting in "Haruhi Order"...so episode 8 would have been the one with the Cave Cricket with this is just the 14. If they follow the timeline, than the new episode 8 should be "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody".
Which is why Episode 8 is the make-or-break here.

Quote:
Mmm I figured they would have dropped it since it was an anime original episode if they were going to stick more to the novels. I didn't occur to me that the episodes would be like that for some reason, I forgot how they jumped around the novels a bit. New episode at 8 huh, Oh Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody would fit between those two. That would be winner.
Yeah, that's what it would be.

And Tanigawa himself wrote Someday in the Rain, so it's not like it's not canon.

If they wanted to stick more to the novels they'd redo Lone Island into one episode, taking out that damned sister and putting the drinking back in, but they won't.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen