AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-26, 11:02   Link #61
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

roan I simply have to say that you're the best and the worst thing that has happened to me with regard to Toradora. I remembered all that I read beforehand when I saw this episode.

ERR AT LEAST I STILL DON'T KNOW THE ENDING!
Old 2009-02-26, 11:20   Link #62
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
ERR AT LEAST I STILL DON'T KNOW THE ENDING!
In fact, nobody knows it yet...
Old 2009-02-26, 11:27   Link #63
typhonsentra

Unfortunately volume 10 will be released the week before episode 24 (The first half of the final arc) will air so this place (And the internet in general) will be a minefield of potential spoilers up until the 25th.
Old 2009-02-26, 11:50   Link #64
Tango337

Oh lord i can already see it...novel 10 illustrations will be plastered everywhere. Guess ill stay away for a few weeks.
Old 2009-02-26, 12:11   Link #65
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This series once again continues to amaze and make jaws drop.

While it allows her to see the bigger picture and understand everything, Ami's perceptiveness may have finally got the better of her, as she could no longer stand Minorin not being honest with herself, and ends up with her spectacular bust-up with Minorin.

But even that was pale compared to what was soon to follow: Ryuji now knows Taiga's true feelings. Before, Ryuji could get away with being dense and oblivious to the whole thing, now, the ball is on his court. We shall see what kind of a romance story protagonist Ryuji really is.

Edit: I posted my thoughts before reading the thread. Wow, good thing I came in late and missed all this nonsensical shipping wars.

100% agree with relentlessflame's interpretation concerning use of spoiler tags, it simply boils down to this:

1. In a "general" non-episodic thread, or for series that don't even have its own section, when I post thoughts of a new episode before subs are out, and you get spoiled because you don't watch raws, then rightfully, shame on me.

2. But, in a specially custom-made episode thread made to discuss a particular episode, I post my thoughts before subs are out, and you haven't watched the episode but still decide to come in and get yourself spoiled, then, sorry to be blunt, shame on you.
Old 2009-02-26, 13:09   Link #66
cloner4000

The episode is really well done.
Spoiler for story:
Old 2009-02-26, 14:25   Link #67
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
The episode is really well done.
Spoiler for story:
Though I can say almost oppositely.

Spoiler for re:story:
Old 2009-02-26, 14:47   Link #68
Nosauz

holy shit, as a pretty staunch not taiga supporter, the last scene before the ED sold me. This episode was good, great in fact, finally we get back to the group dynamic of earlier tora dora, anyway, I've been away from this part of forum since I felt like I had lost interest, but this brought me right back in. overall loved the style of the episode
Old 2009-02-26, 16:27   Link #69
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

I really had no clue at what anyone was saying..but with me giggling like a school girl throughout the episode and oooing at the heated conversations - I think I can say this is going to be one of the best episodes there is.

Ami was like a viper in this one. Biting at the ankles with her sharp words and killer gaze.

Not to mention the Ami vs Minorin scene was hot! meh, not knowing what they were saying I could only judge visually.
Old 2009-02-26, 17:32   Link #70
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I have a Japanese friend who spoiled me to death. Episode was so delicious and was her favorite, it seems.

I can't wait.
Old 2009-02-26, 17:43   Link #71
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
noooooo, Ami-chawn can´t give up so soon, we want more Ami, more moe and everything!!

opposed to Keima i have to say "I already can´t see the ending"
Old 2009-02-26, 18:19   Link #72
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
What's making some of you think that Ami is giving up any more so than previous episodes? I'd say that the fact that she let all this get to her so much is a positive thing for SS Ami.
Old 2009-02-26, 19:29   Link #73
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
In fact, nobody knows it yet...
Not true! Yuyuko Takemiya, her editor, and the anime staff knows it already!

*cough*

I eagerly await to see the ending.
Hoping for some disgustingly toradorable love-love expressions from Taiga that puts a thousand images of kittens to shame.
Old 2009-02-26, 20:52   Link #74
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

*cough*

Hoping for some disgustingly toradorable love-love expressions from Taiga that puts a thousand images of kittens to shame.
Like 100 times sweeter than in the current opening? Uuh i imagine getting diabetes just by watching it
Old 2009-02-26, 21:30   Link #75
Raiga
tl;dr

I await this eagerly and will have insulin ready.
Old 2009-02-26, 21:47   Link #76
(o^^)-o*(x_x)*

Maybe it'll end like the Wonder Years.
Old 2009-02-26, 22:24   Link #77
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

I knew it...

Quote:

*cough*

Just a wishful thinking of mine... i would like to see some time skip as epilogue of Toradora, how is everybody doing... and for the end, the image of Sumire looking to Japan from the space and smiling...

Old 2009-02-26, 23:29   Link #78
(o^^)-o*(x_x)*

While the Coalguys haven't released their subs yet, there's a subbed version up on youtube. Thank god Youtube added HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJJFT...eature=channel
Old 2009-02-26, 23:30   Link #79
Isekaijin

Takasu wars began and ended in this episode. Now that Taiga's confessed in the most selfless way I've ever seen, if Ryuuji wasn't conscious of Taiga before, is obvious he is now.

Liked the battle between Ami-chan and Minorin, a bit short but hell it was good.

But the ending... dunno, it was a bit anticlimatic considering the situation...but that's only my opinion. It would have been better the other song, the soundtrack they put when Taiga realized her feelings towards Ryuuji.

Anyways. Perfect as usual... Why did I hated JC Staff so much I can't remember anymore.

... Ah, right... that... Well never mind, they redeemed with Toradora! God I love this anime.
Old 2009-02-26, 23:47   Link #80
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I think that J.C. Staff did redeemed themselves with this series but then again, we got a couple of more episodes left and they can still mess up but since they are going into the novel that nobody except a few who has read it, so it is going to be all new to us.

Toradora is the now one of my favorite anime of all time, like another series (Mai Hime) that came from nowhere and became a masterpiece. But if J.C. Staff can contiune this, this is going to be a title that everybody will remember for a very long time.