Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-23, 01:20   Link #1
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Bunshin morality?

I see in episode 73 that bunshins, kage bunshins actually do have a soul. Does this mean they are simply living breathing, thinking replicants of their summoner's? If this is true, does it mean that every time one goes up in a poof of smoke someone is dying? If this is true, it is most definetly immoral and cruel to use kagebunshin no jutsu. Its like sentencing your identical twin to death. I wonder if they go to heaven or hell?
Thoughts anyone?
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 01:26   Link #2
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

The bunshins are manifestations of your chakra. Only Naruto's talk back to him, and I don't think they "breathe" or "live" at all. Like if Naruto had one of them stay underwater forever, it could theoretically provided he had enough chakra.

The smoke is just the disspation of the chakra that comprises them. Seeing as how they're outside of Naruto's touch range, he can't really control the chakra that comprises them all that well, once it gets disrupted, it's just chakra in the air...they're not an entire life form at all.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 01:28   Link #3
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
I see in episode 73 that bunshins, kage bunshins actually do have a soul. Does this mean they are simply living breathing, thinking replicants of their summoner's? If this is true, does it mean that every time one goes up in a poof of smoke someone is dying? If this is true, it is most definetly immoral and cruel to use kagebunshin no jutsu. Its like sentencing your identical twin to death. I wonder if they go to heaven or hell?
Thoughts anyone?
I think Kishimoto purposely made the Kage Bushins ambiguous. They hold the same morals as the one who summoned them, and if the person who summoned them wasn't willing to die for his cause, then neither would the Kage Bushins.

A similar tangent occurs with the whole bathroom incident. They all had the same bathroom urges when Naruto drank the bad milk and summoned them *chuckles*. But the fact that one of them was the only one of them was real didn't occur to them. Mind over matter so to speak.

The real Naruto can order them around by some telepathic link I imagine. If they weren't ready to die, then they wouldn't follow Naruto's orders. Technically they don't really die though, since they disappear from one strike.

(edit: oh yeah, and I agree with everything OhJustSomeRandomGuy said
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 01:31   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

they're replicas
much like ripping files from a disc or whatever
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 01:33   Link #5
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
I think the anime will soon go beyond our control, there will be things that cannot be explained and might as well be bogus. This thread does bring up allot of questions though...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 02:22   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Thoughts anyone?
You didn't get it. A Kagebushin is still 1 soul. Its only separated in tree concerning Sarutobi. The Fuu-jin seal gets the 1rst and 2nd okage's soul trough Sarutobi's kagebushins to his single soul.
Old 2004-03-23, 02:24   Link #7
Nerd Saga

Send a message via AIM to Nerd Saga
I thought about the Bunshin jutsu before too, i think that the bunshin's know they're not human or real and are controlled by the original. they do however show tendencies of the original.

Bunshin's are just balls of chakra and when hit dissapate*sp
so it's not immoral to use them.
Nerd Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 02:24   Link #8
Kydrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
You didn't get it. A Kagebushin is still 1 soul. Its only separated in tree concerning the Okage. The Fuu-jin seal reache the 1rst and 2nd okage's soul trough the First's kagebushin to the single First okage's soul.
whoa confusing

Kydrone
Kydrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 02:27   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydrone
whoa confusing

Kydrone
lol yeah I noticed. I did an edit ^^
Old 2004-03-23, 22:49   Link #10
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
wait
during episode 73 you can distinctly see the faces of the 1st and 2nd. Both of them are connected to a sould that looks exactly like the one bound by the Reaper. They arent just chakra balls, they have souls.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 23:01   Link #11
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
wait
during episode 73 you can distinctly see the faces of the 1st and 2nd. Both of them are connected to a sould that looks exactly like the one bound by the Reaper. They arent just chakra balls, they have souls.
They weren't quite the same though. That was the First and Second's soul put into another body, I believe. So it's actually them, resurrected...kinda. That's why their souls can be sealed. They are not bunshins or Kage Bunshins.

Edit: And if you're talking about Sarutobi (in case I misunderstood) his Kage Bunshins accept the seals probably because the host accepts the seals (as noted above) the morals tend to go with the person who summoned the clones.
Akichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 23:37   Link #12
MikoKikyo

Yeep...
like Akichan said, the manifestations of the 1st and 2nd originate from a different technique, not to be confused with bunshins/kage bunshins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
The bunshins are manifestations of your chakra. Only Naruto's talk back to him, and I don't think they "breathe" or "live" at all. Like if Naruto had one of them stay underwater forever, it could theoretically provided he had enough chakra.
...they're not an entire life form at all.
Exactly lol I really don't think they have a life of their own... (gee, talk about over analyzing...)
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:07   Link #13
duskphoenix
_

I think the real questions here are about the morality of using kage bunshins for stem-cell research: moral? immoral? pointless since they go poof as soon as you stick a needle in them? Think about it. Or not.
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:10   Link #14
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskphoenix
I think the real questions here are about the morality of using kage bunshins for stem-cell research: moral? immoral? pointless since they go poof as soon as you stick a needle in them? Think about it. Or not.
Not always. Kagebunshins have been known to take some hits and still stay 'alive'.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:13   Link #15
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Do those bunshins that can take several hits differ from the generic ones because of a higher amount of chakra, or do they have a subconscious pull to stay 'alive' as long as possible.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:17   Link #16
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Do those bunshins that can take several hits differ from the generic ones because of a higher amount of chakra, or do they have a subconscious pull to stay 'alive' as long as possible.
It's more of a chakra control thing I would think... so long as the caster keeps enough concentration on the clones they wouldn't disappear as easily.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:21   Link #17
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Ahh, so clones that are closer to the real person's proximity have a better chance of surviving multiple hits than those that are farther off.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:33   Link #18
Uchiha Itachi
S-Class CriMiNiMiNaL

People people...wats dis? kagebunshins wit souls dat go to heaven or hell? Morals of it? I mean jus relax...ur thinking too hard.....jus kno dat kage bunshins r replications that go out in smoke and r there to make the anime/manga plot/battles more interesting. i mean...cmon...its anime.....it doesnt have to make sense. But hey, but dats jus my opinion.
Uchiha Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 16:42   Link #19
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Itachi
People people...wats dis? kagebunshins wit souls dat go to heaven or hell? Morals of it? I mean jus relax...ur thinking too hard.....jus kno dat kage bunshins r replications that go out in smoke and r there to make the anime/manga plot/battles more interesting. i mean...cmon...its anime.....it doesnt have to make sense. But hey, but dats jus my opinion.
Yea. couldn't agree more there ...
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote