AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-03-26, 01:03   Link #21
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by from_the_sand
"HES GONNA SHOOT A BEAM!!!!!!"

i love also "hes still here, but the big hippo flew away!"
WahahAHHAhahah. This was so funny, becuase of how serious luffy was about Chopper shooting a beam
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 01:08   Link #22
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
WahahAHHAhahah. This was so funny, becuase of how serious luffy was about Chopper shooting a beam
that was soo great" KUSOI!!!*eyes buldgin* HES GONNA SHOOT A BEAM!!!!"
n how Sanji was callin him baka n stuff
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 02:50   Link #23
Dual247

but how cool and more powerful that would be for chopper, sorta like the power that the villian of movie 1 have. sides, a beam would easily make luffy's day. he'd be awe-stricken for the rest of the day
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 09:14   Link #24
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247
but how cool and more powerful that would be for chopper, sorta like the power that the villian of movie 1 have. sides, a beam would easily make luffy's day. he'd be awe-stricken for the rest of the day
No No that would be bad, if just by seeing Chopper 7 transformation he completely forgot about Wapol can you imagine what a Beam would do to Luffy he would be in complete extasy Wapol could pound him up all day that he would just stay with that face he does when he is completely happy
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 20:52   Link #25
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

I think the best part is where Vivi is calmed by a composed Usopp only to have that seriousness be immediately switched to Usopp having is legs wobbling in fear while Zoro calls him out.
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 02:53   Link #26
Alkatrazz
Professional Jackass

Send a message via AIM to Alkatrazz
Sanji's line totally made those episodes for me: "Hey hey hey, Afroman...Shootin' your fro at a lady? What kind of soul brother are you?"
Alkatrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 16:06   Link #27
DarkNtity

I wish Chopper had the rumble ball effects permantly and stay in the "Jumping mode" format for most of the time. Makes that cute critter look so cool.
DarkNtity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 22:28   Link #28
orochidp
Hide the kids

A damn fine pair.
I laughed not once, not twice, but THREE times. Sanji rocks.
orochidp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 15:12   Link #29
eLstar
(^_^)v

I agree. I think that's the coolest form. I really loved this episode, especially Luffy's beam line and Chopper and Sanji's battle with the stupid afros.

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 15:30   Link #30
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Since episode 89 has been released today, I hereby declare the Episode 87/88 discussions closed but now I'm proud to announce the Episode 89 discussions open.

This thread has now been renamed the One Piece Episode 89 Discussion [Spoilers] thread. May all who sail in her.... (OK, OK, lame joke).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 15:40   Link #31
Sethi
StormRider

Episode 89 was cool, Nami really is a woman that thinks only about money lending the jacket to Luffy expecting he would trash it so he would have to pay her 3 times it's price
And it ends really well, when Ussop sees Chopper and says MONSTER Chopper starts to run then Luffy goes "don't call him monster is our new nakama, Hey MONSTER come back here" and starts running after him
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 16:23   Link #32
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Episode 89 was cool, Nami really is a woman that thinks only about money lending the jacket to Luffy expecting he would trash it so he would have to pay her 3 times it's price
And it ends really well, when Ussop sees Chopper and says MONSTER Chopper starts to run then Luffy goes "don't call him monster is our new nakama, Hey MONSTER come back here" and starts running after him
hrm that was quick.. it would probably be the easiest villian luffy has as beaten so far
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 16:36   Link #33
Icer

He took care of Alvida pretty quick too.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 18:53   Link #34
Dual247

i don't really see this as a villian arc, because the whole point of this drum arc is to introduce the newest member of the strawhat crew, and a great addition at that. wapol is mediocre at best. even if he had ate all of the weapons in the armory like he wanted to, he'd still be no match for a serious luffy. its obvious that luffy was just playing around with wapol, that just shows that they're in totally different leagues. the funniest part in the ep for me was probably the encounter between nami and wapol. a bit of humor there to begin with. nami's a goldigger, no thought about that. but i still like her none the less, since she makes up for it with some of her other qualities. she cares about the crew and others like she did here worrying about delaying vivi's quest, and i find that to be a great quality. so if the choice was money or her nakamas, there's no doubt in my mind, she'd go with her nakamas. man, i'd say this for luffy, he's got the best crew.
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 20:21   Link #35
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I agree with Dual-san.
The Drum Kingdom arc was there only to introduce Chopper. Even though Wapol is a "villain", he's just a funny and stupid guy used to introduce more humor to the series- even though he's cruel, and evil (in a stupid way, of course).

Episode 89 was really cool. Luffy using the Gomu Gomu no Bazooka in Wapol was cooler in the anime than in the manga. Maybe this arc will end next episode, and then Mr.2 will appear in episode 91? Really, I NEED to see him in anime! OKAMA PRIDE!
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 20:39   Link #36
eLstar
(^_^)v

Well, it's not like Oda was trying to make yet another freakishly strong bad guy that gives Luffy tons of trouble before he got to the main arc. I mean, every ow and then we need those weird and easily beat down bad guys who think they're all that.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 22:04   Link #37
wnkryo
HainShodan

WahahahahahHAhahhha. We got to see skinny Wapol!!!

I loved when Zoro and the rest arrived and then luffy sling shotted him self at them, thinking they where Wapol's nakama

I hope the next episode rap things up in drum country.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 22:46   Link #38
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Don't be ridiculous! I'm the kind of man that says: "If there's a mountain, climb it." However, this cliff was somewhat of an adventure. Yeah I was pretty surprised that time the giant condor attacked us! But that was where I, of course... NO! I should say "There was I, as always!" Knowing what I must do- the instant he came up striking at my heart, I jumped up and...whirled away from it! Then I grabbed on! And there I was, Captain "Me" straddling the condor, flying through the skies! Twas I! I who tied a rope around it's neck and shouted: "My name is..... CAPTAIN USOPP!"
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 01:18   Link #39
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Good episode. I'm glad they wraped up the fighting and hopefully they will sail off next episode. Gotta love the part with Sanji and Nami in this episode, it was pretty funny. I also liked seeing Wapol getting beat down by Luffy, of course we all knew he was a weakling.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 05:27   Link #40
mightyme

so i guess I am the only one who can't get the torrent... crap
mightyme is offline   Reply With Quote