AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 06:52   Link #3641
Destined_Fate

Doesn't matter what the name says. It's labeled as a Mobile Armor and the Psycho Gundam series are all Mobile Armor. Being called a Gundam doesn't change that it's classified as a Mobile Armor.

Point is that even if they label it a Gundam doesn't change that it's a Mobile Armor at heart and is the love child of two mobile armors and has all the traits of a standard Mobile Armor.

Seriously? It looks like the Psycho Gundam and changes to the Big Zam form. Both are Mobile Armors. Thus it does look like a Mobile Armor considering that the two things it's based off of "are" Mobile Armors.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:02   Link #3642
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Gives me headaches already...

All Gundams could either be a mobile suit or a mobile armor? Right?

But not all mobile suits and mobile armor are classified as Gundams..Right
?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:04   Link #3643
Destined_Fate

That's correct. Though considering that the Destroys ended up being destroyed fairly easily it puts to question if they are even made out of what they say they're made of. Shinn was one hitting most of them.
Old 2012-07-04, 07:11   Link #3644
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

doesn't matter. As long as an MS has a variant of the OS, it's a Gundam in-universe.
It sounds silly, but in CE, that's the ultimate gauge on whether a thing is a Gundam.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:09   Link #3645
casval cehack

This supposed official site is spewing fallacies, saying that it's a mobile gun platform -> http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...s_destroy.html

I can't believe Bandai was so wrong all this time.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:56   Link #3646
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Doesn't matter what the name says. It's labeled as a Mobile Armor and the Psycho Gundam series are all Mobile Armor. Being called a Gundam doesn't change that it's classified as a Mobile Armor.

Point is that even if they label it a Gundam doesn't change that it's a Mobile Armor at heart and is the love child of two mobile armors and has all the traits of a standard Mobile Armor.

Seriously? It looks like the Psycho Gundam and changes to the Big Zam form. Both are Mobile Armors. Thus it does look like a Mobile Armor considering that the two things it's based off of "are" Mobile Armors.
But the Destroy gundam is a Mobile suit. It doesn't matter if it resembles Psycho Gundam and that Psycho Gundam is a Mobile armor, Destroy is a Mobile suit because that's what it's written as, your opinion and arguments are not going to change official media, christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
This supposed official site is spewing fallacies, saying that it's a mobile gun platform -> http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...s_destroy.html

"The Destroy Gundam is less of a mobile suit than a mobile gun platform."

Still a Mobile Suit.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 13:35   Link #3647
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post

That's just a way of emphasizing the fact that Destroy is a powerhouse when it comes to destructive force.

They don't really mean it's any less of a mobile suit.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:57   Link #3648
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Who are these other characters?
Ah, I was referring to Rising Dragon's post that other characters refer those "Gundams" as Gundams here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And then they borked that detail all to hell by having other characters start referring to Gundam-design mobile suits as Gundams in SEED Destiny, like Athrun and Cagalli during the Armory 1 attack. ._. y u no stay consistent, Destiny?
I also don't know whether there are other not-related-to-Kira characters spouting the "Gundam" words or not. I said "I just don't know" in my previous post just in case if Rising Dragon know the aforementioned characters beside Athrun & Cagalli .
Old 2012-07-04, 21:19   Link #3649
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only characters to really acknowledge the term of "Gundam" in SEED are Kira, Mu, Murdoch, Lacus, Athrun, and Cagalli. Kira because he coined the term, Athrun and Cagalli in SEED when the new Gundams showed up, Lacus for the aforementioned name correction (and acknowledgement it sounds better than Freedom) and Mu and Murdoch when Mu asked Murdoch WHY Kira calls the Strike the "Gundam" and Murdoch explaining it's because of the OS.

I can't speak for Astray and the other side stories, having never read them.

Ideally, none of the mobile suits in-universe are coined as "Gundams" by the official manufacturers. But the real designation comes from the overall design, the Operating System, and Bandai with the model kits (as such, the Akatsuki is also considered a Gundam due to all of these, having the design of a Gundam face-wise, the G.U.N.D.A.M. operating system, and its model kits listing it as the Akatsuki Gundam).
Old 2012-07-04, 22:15   Link #3650
monster

We do have to consider that, with the exception of the real world labels, all non-ZAFT mobile suits have the overall design and OS (or its derivative) of a Gundam. That's why I said the term doesn't really have a special meaning in-universe.

It can be said that Cagalli and Athrun were referring to the fact that the new ZAFT mobile suits at Armory One look like EA/Orb mobile suits rather than the usual ZAFT mobile suits. The term Gundam then just becomes an easier way of identifying such mobile suits to people close to Kira when they do not know the real name.

At least, as far as SEED/Destiny is concerned. Although I don't think the side stories put any more relevance to the term Gundam, if they even mention it.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:22   Link #3651
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
We do have to consider that, with the exception of the real world labels, all non-ZAFT mobile suits have the overall design and OS (or its derivative) of a Gundam. That's why I said the term doesn't really have a special meaning in-universe.
But we don't know that for sure. What we do know is that any time a OS is shown, it's in a Gundam, so it's given special significance.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:32   Link #3652
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
But the Destroy gundam is a Mobile suit. It doesn't matter if it resembles Psycho Gundam and that Psycho Gundam is a Mobile armor, Destroy is a Mobile suit because that's what it's written as, your opinion and arguments are not going to change official media, christ.

"The Destroy Gundam is less of a mobile suit than a mobile gun platform."

Still a Mobile Suit.

Yet it fits all the criteria of a Mobile Armor and is the love child of 2 Mobile Armors, moves like one, attacks like one, and even looks like one in both forms. Just because they say it isn't a Mobile Armor doesn't erase the fact that it's based off 2 Mobile Armors and acts and looks just like a Mobile Armor.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:37   Link #3653
monster

Quote:
But we don't know that for sure. What we do know is that any time a OS is shown, it's in a Gundam, so it's given special significance.
Of course, but that's more for the benefit of the viewer.

Besides, I did say OS (or its derivative). Even without being shown, I think we can safely assume that most (if not all) mobile suit OS for one country (if not one alliance) share a basic core.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:37   Link #3654
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Explain to me how this looks like a mobile armor:
Old 2012-07-04, 22:50   Link #3655
monster

I wonder if they will ever make a series called Mobile Armor Gundam. They could use something like this as a template:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...y/ymag-x7f.jpg
Old 2012-07-04, 23:03   Link #3656
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Explain to me how this looks like a mobile armor:
Simple, it was the first and was called a Mobile Armor. Thus Mobile Armors can look like overgrown Gundams. Not to mention that it has all the traits of a Mobile Armor.

1 Big
2 Slow
3 Beam Spam
4 Bulky, can take a beating, before first destruction
5 Classified as a Mobile Armor series thus Mobile Armors can look like Gundams and still be Mobile Armors.

It's a Mobile Armor. Mobile Suits never get that big, all Gundams have run with that. Except SEED Destiny that for some reason decided that the hybrid of 2 Mobile Armors, and has all the traits of a Mobile Armor, isn't a Mobile Armor. Apparently.

Destroy is the love child of Psycho Gundam(Mobile Armor) and Big Zam(Mobile Armor). It has all those traits thus it's a Mobile Armor that's just too stupid to know it.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:24   Link #3657
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Being called a Gundam doesn't change that it's classified as a Mobile Armor.

Classified as a Mobile Armor series thus Mobile Armors can look like Gundams and still be Mobile Armors.
You do realize that almost all Gundam series are entitled Mobile Suit Gundam right? That's coz a Gundam in itself is a Mobile Suit, not a Mobile Armor. So, if Psycho & Destroy are called Gundams, it's automatically given that those are Mobile Suits (which happen to have MA transformation ability).

Psycho'a official name is: MRX-009 Psycho Gundam

Also, please tell me (or link me) the official source (straight from the author or Sunrise or Bandai) that said Psycho Gundam is a MA only, and not a MS. If you can provide it, then you're right and I'll believe you .
Old 2012-07-05, 02:59   Link #3658
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Going off topic here. I think Nicol's new "HERP LOST MY STEP DERP" death, is horrendous. Now Athrun and Kira fought to the death because Athrun kill Tolley (intentionally), and Kira killed Nicol (by accident).

So yeah, it sucks.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 03:38   Link #3659
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Yet it fits all the criteria of a Mobile Armor and is the love child of 2 Mobile Armors, moves like one, attacks like one, and even looks like one in both forms. Just because they say it isn't a Mobile Armor doesn't erase the fact that it's based off 2 Mobile Armors and acts and looks just like a Mobile Armor.
so? it doesnt matter, its still classified as a Mobile suit and NOT a Mobile armor like the Psyco Gundam, Seriously, that is the only reason, Accept it and move on, Trying to make you accept that is like arguing with a donkey.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You do realize that almost all Gundam series are entitled Mobile Suit Gundam right? That's coz a Gundam in itself is a Mobile Suit, not a Mobile Armor. So, if Psycho & Destroy are called Gundams, it's automatically given that those are Mobile Suits (which happen to have MA transformation ability).

Psycho'a official name is: MRX-009 Psycho Gundam

Also, please tell me (or link me) the official source (straight from the author or Sunrise or Bandai) that said Psycho Gundam is a MA only, and not a MS. If you can provide it, then you're right and I'll believe you .
The Psyco Gundam is classified as a Mobile Armor:

This huge transformable mobile armor, was developed by the Murasame Newtype Lab for use by their artificially-enhanced Cyber-Newtypes. The Murasame Lab's original goal was simply to equip a Gundam with a psycommu system, the psychic interface developed by Zeon scientists during the One Year War. However, the sheer bulk of this device - and the addition of features like a Minovsky craft flotation system, a protective anti-beam barrier, and complex transformation mechanisms - resulted in the Psyco Gundam becoming a forty-meter monster.

Taken off Gundam Official: http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds.../ms_psyco.html

Model number: MRX-009
Code name: Psyco Gundam
Unit type: prototype Newtype use transformable mobile armor
Manufacturer: Murasame Research Institute
Operator: Titans
First deployment: UC 0087
Accommodation: pilot only

Taken off MAHQ: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/mrx-009.htm

It's a Mobile Armor with a optional Mobile Suit mode, exact opposite of Destroy Gundam.

Might aswell toss in a picture of the Model kit, it even says Mobile Armor there, even if you can only see the A

Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 03:54   Link #3660
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
The Psyco Gundam is classified as a Mobile Armor:

This huge transformable mobile armor, was developed by the Murasame Newtype Lab for use by their artificially-enhanced Cyber-Newtypes. The Murasame Lab's original goal was simply to equip a Gundam with a psycommu system, the psychic interface developed by Zeon scientists during the One Year War. However, the sheer bulk of this device - and the addition of features like a Minovsky craft flotation system, a protective anti-beam barrier, and complex transformation mechanisms - resulted in the Psyco Gundam becoming a forty-meter monster.

Taken off Gundam Official: http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds.../ms_psyco.html

Model number: MRX-009
Code name: Psyco Gundam
Unit type: prototype Newtype use transformable mobile armor
Manufacturer: Murasame Research Institute
Operator: Titans
First deployment: UC 0087
Accommodation: pilot only

Taken off MAHQ: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/mrx-009.htm

It's a Mobile Armor with a optional Mobile Suit mode, exact opposite of Destroy Gundam.

Might aswell toss in a picture of the Model kit, it even says Mobile Armor there, even if you can only see the A
Ah, thanx for the info Znozzy. So, I'd like to know, according to that information, is there no way that we can call Psycho as a Mobile Suit? Or is it just dead-set on Mobile Armor coz that's the focus of my reply to Destined Fate.

So, is it MA only or can also be a MS?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep