AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-02-23, 07:02   Link #1
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Question The "Cosplay Help" thread

Does anybody have a nice list of websites where you can buy Anime Cosplay stuff.
I've tried using ebay, but that won't do.

I'm trying to get a few costumes for next year's carnaval here.....

here's what we need for our topic;

outfits of,

-Hellsing <----- Where do they sell red coats?
-Trigun <---- same thing here with the coat -_-
-Inuyasha <---- I only found the red kimono on Ebay
-Di Gi Charat <---- this is hard to find... HELP!!!!
-Love Hina <--- these can be yoinked together with regular clothing

Any tips or websites that actually sell stuff like that?

I found Vash's sunglasses too but that's all....
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 12:09   Link #2
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Ebay has a -lot- of costumes. Last year, for Christmas, my friend bought me a full Chii costume and she sent it to me through the mail. ^^ I still have it; it's very well made and very cute and it fits very well. I'd recommend that you look on ebay every day. I'm surprised you haven't found anything yet.. Because a lot of popular American cosplayers sell their costumes on ebay when they don't need them anymore.

However, there's SEVERAL websites who sell costumes. I'm not sure if you can find what you need, though .. But there's many people who will take orders and who will make the costumes you ask them to make. If you browse through cosplay websites I'm sure you can find something like that...
http://www.limebarb.com/
That website sells costumes and cosplay elements, but I'm not sure if they have what you need.

And if you can't find what you need, why not try to make the costume yourself? I know it sounds like an impossible task, but I've done it many times. You have more control over the costume itself and it -can- be cheaper if you know where to buy the materials.. It's just a suggestion though.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 12:37   Link #3
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
hmmm interesting site .

I'll try to figure something out then and ofcourse I can make something myself
Thanks
Old 2004-02-23, 12:38   Link #4
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I thought most cosplayers made their own costumes and that was half the fun.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 14:12   Link #5
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Well when cosplay became popular in America, most people made their costumes because it the costumes that you can buy at Japanese cosplay stores are very expensive.. Cosplayers were proud of making their own costumes. But lately a lot of people are starting to open cosplay stores online.. And a lot of popular cosplayers sell their costumes on ebay. And many people actually buy costumes from Japanese stores. ^^;; I don't see anything wrong with it but I prefer wearing a costume that I made myself as well.
Old 2004-02-23, 14:17   Link #6
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu_Maehara
Does anybody have a nice list of websites where you can buy Anime Cosplay stuff.

here's what we need for our topic;

outfits of,

-Hellsing <----- Where do they sell red coats?
-Trigun <---- same thing here with the coat -_-
-Inuyasha <---- I only found the red kimono on Ebay
-Di Gi Charat <---- this is hard to find... HELP!!!!
-Love Hina <--- these can be yoinked together with regular clothing

Any tips or websites that actually sell stuff like that?

I found Vash's sunglasses too but that's all....

Execellent! and then you can look like this http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/6/ugly4.jpg

(Joke)
Old 2004-02-23, 14:20   Link #7
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu_Maehara

(
either ebay if you want the Bandai and other authentic stuff (in japanese sizes)
or search cosplay sites (like www.cosplay.com ) for cosplay commissioners, but that can get really expensive too.

OR go to a local fabric store, look by the entrance for where people leave their numbers for seamstress or whatever and go to them with patterns.

I got an ANBU vest made for like $30.
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 20:02   Link #8
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
Ebay has a -lot- of costumes. Last year, for Christmas, my friend bought me a full Chii costume and she sent it to me through the mail. ^^ I still have it; it's very well made and very cute and it fits very well.
For the love of all things sacred, please tell me your are female! I've seen too much male Chii cosplay.

TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 20:43   Link #9
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Yes, yes. ^^;; I am female..
Old 2004-02-23, 21:24   Link #10
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
Yes, yes. ^^;; I am female..
Thank you, Ill be able to sleep tonight.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 02:58   Link #11
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Male Chii?? I can't really picture to see that. I have no problem with males dressing up as a female character, as long as it's reasonable.

for example men's legs are hairy, so imagine Chii with hairy legs O.o
but if most òf the body is covered by clothes I don't see the problem O.o

But females dressing up as a male character doesn't make them look bad..
Life is unfair -_-;;

That's why the male attendees of our group will be either male or just covered female characters, since carnaval is in februari it wouldn't be a good idea to show bare legs anyway
Old 2004-02-24, 11:34   Link #12
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

^^;; I don't think that's quite the problem.. A guy can dress up as a girl very well if he wants to. I've seen some people I know do it. It'll just take a lot of efforts.. I mean, I've seen pictures of cross-cosplayers who looked fine while doing it. Some of them, you couldn't tell that they were guys at all. It's just that people like Man Faye or those other weird cosplayers want to get a reaction from people so they don't shave and they don't really try hard. :P I don't think it's bad, though.. ^^;; It can be funny.
Old 2004-02-25, 01:13   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. I don't see why you'd want to BUY your costume. Half the fun of cosplay is actually making it yourself. I'm right now making an Itachi costume as part of a cosplay I'm doing (the design is inspired by some of UglyPigs awesome naruto artwork) and building the whole thing from scratch, which as stated by others is half the fun.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 03:17   Link #14
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
hehe. I don't see why you'd want to BUY your costume. Half the fun of cosplay is actually making it yourself. I'm right now making an Itachi costume as part of a cosplay I'm doing (the design is inspired by some of UglyPigs awesome naruto artwork) and building the whole thing from scratch, which as stated by others is half the fun.
I know, we will be making a lot ourselves, but my tailoring skills aren't very good, and I need mostly just parts which aren't made by just stitching it together.
Old 2004-02-25, 10:37   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh!! The accesories! Like hats and such?? Hmm. Uh.....I usually get those from a costume shop. IF they don't have them in stock, they can usually order them for you.
Old 2004-02-25, 11:05   Link #16
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

I found a couple of things on ebay, but things like wigs and hat are covered by local party shops.... fabrics aren't the problem, but some outfits I just can't make myself, and it would save me a lot of misery by just buying a few to cover the timespan....

But I'll manage,, I got a few good websites now
Old 2004-03-10, 22:42   Link #17
digidoom

shaman king cosplay ??

does anyone know where to buy the headphones that yoh wears i once saw them somewhere but then my bookmarks got deleted thatks

also im looking for the sandals that yoh wears i dont know exactly what to search for as i have never seen a good color pic or a name for the sandals

also after the anime ended did SK continue in the manga because i have a month or 2 old weekly jump with shaman king still in it and i was wondering what was up

thanks

Last edited by digidoom; 2004-03-11 at 17:56.
digidoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 23:25   Link #18
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Need help with cosplay

Hi all. I'm doing an Itachi cosplay and I'm about 80% done. The biggest things I'm missing right now are two things. The hat he wears and a pattern to do the red clouds on his cloak. Anyone know where I can find these? I've hunted around but I'm coming up empty in both areas. Pointers and info would be awesome. Thanks.
Old 2004-05-15, 00:02   Link #19
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Hi all. I'm doing an Itachi cosplay and I'm about 80% done. The biggest things I'm missing right now are two things. The hat he wears and a pattern to do the red clouds on his cloak. Anyone know where I can find these? I've hunted around but I'm coming up empty in both areas. Pointers and info would be awesome. Thanks.
The hat he wears is a fairly common sakkat; you only need to add that bell thing and the white-strips hanging behind. As for the red-clouds...you'll pretty much need to make the pattern on your own.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 00:06   Link #20
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

For the hat all you need is a vietmanese peasant and a dollar.

For the clouds I think you should just look at some pics and draw it yourself. It shouldn't be too hard, fairly easy to do curves. Then you can make a cutout of that and use that 1 for the rest of them.

I'm not sure If I'm explaining right :/
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay