AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-06, 11:12   Link #881
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Headline news: 97th non-administrated world creates new form of 'Lyrical' Unison Device through serendipitous accident!

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=6so0J2...eature=related

Newly created device demonstrates impressive abilities:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=UnpSAM...eature=related

...Or not....anyone in the market for a Lyrical Unison Device?
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 11:24   Link #882
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
This was suppose to be in yesterday... sigh. I need to work faster...
Spoiler for Happy Birthday Hayate:
Sorry for not asking permission for any OCs used without permission and multiple apologizes to Hayate-san for the belated gift.

Btw, crack was inspired by Lowe so thank him or curse him

I'll response to some of the other posts later.

EPIC WIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Sadly she won't stay small forever, huh?
Maybe she can keep her chibi form like Rein?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Awwww~ it's cute...been too long since we had proper WAFF around here.
WAFF is always welcome~

Quote:
Yeah, don't be afraid to ask us for anything. We're all nice folks here...most of the time. *evil grin*
*cackles in his Sea of Dirac*

Quote:
For some reason I can't comprehend...computes.

*runs*
*facepalms*

What kind of TTGL fan are you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Everyone: Anyway, very little time for me.T_T
Incoming Thesis work and 4 Law subjects is gonna eat up a lot of my time... ;_;

But I'm still very alive!

Please wait for my proper return... ><
GANBATTE~~!!!!
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 11:45   Link #883
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Hmm, that helps to explain why Kero isn't a NanoFate shipper; he's immune to the off-the-charts Moe Quotient!
Yup. And without the succeptibillity to the Moe Quotient, its very easy to get an overdose. And I don't think I need to tell you how much of an overdose there is around here.

Besides, you want Moe? This is Moe:

Spoiler for And people wonder why I preffer NanoVita...:

Quote:
She's invoking the So Bad it's Good trope in your case, Kero.
No, that's not it. I can't put my finger on it, but that's not it. Maybe its because Vivio was the first time we saw Nanoha vulnerable.

Quote:
You'll have to catch me first, Deathwing!
Oh trust me, I will be running in the oposite direction you're running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Headline news: 97th non-administrated world creates new form of 'Lyrical' Unison Device through serendipitous accident!

Lyrical Magic. It's been a while.

Didn't USB claim her already though?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 11:50   Link #884
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Fate is too moe for me though (seriously, its like you can't say a word without her blushing and stammering -_-; ). Out of all the Nanoha characters, she scores pretty low on my list. I never really liked her at all. I hardly ever fall for the overly cute ones (never batted an eye at Nodoka, for example. Despite her popularity).

Though strangely enough Vivio seems to be an exception to this.
o_o

I don't know about you, but for me, I don't define that as "overly cute". My gut says her lack of social confidence is causing that, and I don't see that as moe, just something I relate to, because I am like that at times... I still remember when I was a bit of a love Syaoran.

You could say that that's why I like Nodoka too...

OK so maybe I'm not completely against moe in general, since some types of moe do endear to me, like the silent moe, inconfident moe; the lesser, not-in-your-face and more balanced types basically.

The kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy (which is why these are called moe in the first place), but not enough to trigger facepalming. It must be just right.

What annoys me is the "Rein Zwei" over-bubbly cuteness moe type, or any other extreme type...... Leaves a bad taste. And that's what annoyed me of Vivio; it took her background, and her central role in almost all of my Belka theories that won me over. Trust me, once she grows up, she'd be a far cry from the moe blob you guys know. Same growth pattern for even my utterly random Sakura-tan; you'd be surprised how much people can change from when they were children.

I, however, am neutral to psycho moe; Vita neither endears or urks me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post

One little problem: I doubt the "Unisonicity" of this Device is even remotely deserving of the name UD.

But sometimes I wonder, was Lowe thinking of Macross when he invented Lyrical Magic?

Last edited by Kha; 2008-06-06 at 12:02.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:03   Link #885
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Oh yes that reminds me:

Please check the main index page on the front for your OC's. Make sure that your part of the index is up to date, and if it's not, let me know with the appropriate links.

Remember that the requirement to have your character indexed is that it hasn't received any major haxx-busting statements, they aren't in a state of de-haxxing, and/or has received some semblance of approval.

At present, I only accept Keroko's and Liingo's seals of approval.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:14   Link #886
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hey there, haiz. Meet Cadia Zwei!

Outer Cadia Zwei: Onii-tan! Onii-tan! <gestures cutely>

*Random Glompage*

XD

*runs*

@Everyone: Anyway, very little time for me.T_T
Incoming Thesis work and 4 Law subjects is gonna eat up a lot of my time... ;_;

But I'm still very alive!

Please wait for my proper return... ><
I don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but...we seem to have acquired a "cadia zwei glompage" tag recently...

*deftly sidesteps Cadia Zwei*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Ic, mind reminding me what canon is again? I remember there was another canon term, over canon or outer canon i think.
Like the others said, canon's pretty much "established" elements of the series. could get into a long-winded lecture about the finer points, but I imagine what's been said already is sufficient.
Quote:
Oh yeah...what's this glomp thing... >_< It seems that Kha was VERY annoyed by it
Hmm I can't find Cadia's profile >_< on ur OC profiles web and both Hayate profile parts XD
A glomp, as I once had it explained, is a "flying tackle hug." :3

And Cadia Zwei doesn't have a profile; she's just the representation of the new thread, if you will.
Quote:
Oh ur taking law? That means you get to shout OBJECTION right?

Quote:
Random Stuff: I see that Limited, Keroko and Aaron haven't changed their sigs yet , I wonder why i keep noticing and memorising all these things for no reason
I got someone to make mine for another forum a few years ago, and I kinda just use it everywhere. Habit, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Try having an overenergetic bubble hanging off your neck. That's a glomp. -_-\\\

And I'm annoyed by too much cuteness though. Too much moe is a turn off; I like my women strong and conserved (like Fate) or tsundere (like Sophia/Anita).

I changed mine in preparation of the 5th Ed of Kha's profile.

I agree too much moe gets excessive, but just a bit, mixed with more strong emotions or personalities, is like adding just the right pinch of spices to a dish.

Quote:
.... Clearly I should have introduced you to Keroko-tan better. She has a sixth sense for these kinds of things. And she doesn't spit-take, she fires at will.
Keroko-tan: Haaa-chuuuu!

Quote:
Fate is too moe for me though (seriously, its like you can't say a word without her blushing and stammering -_-; ). Out of all the Nanoha characters, she scores pretty low on my list. I never really liked her at all. I hardly ever fall for the overly cute ones (never batted an eye at Nodoka, for example. Despite her popularity).

Though strangely enough Vivio seems to be an exception to this.
How is Fate moe? Maybe in A's or then, but not so much anymore...even then, I always thought her "move or I start swinging" combat mindset was superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
It's called "Just as Planned."

[Light]Keikaku Doori...![/Light]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Canon: Anything that the original creators of the work made or authorized. Sometimes divided into "strict canon" and "expanded canon". In larger, more complex fandoms, there may be scores of individual sub-canons.

Strict Canon: Only what the original creators of the work made, or officially declared to be wholly and completely within their views of their creation.

Expanded Canon: Everything else canon that doesn't fall under strict canon. This includes spinoffs and tie-ins. Has a higher probability of containing continuity errors or dealing with alternate interpretations.

Fanon: Unofficial fan version of events, usually embraced by a sizeable portion of fandom, mostly for being convenient. Very dangerous for newbies, as often the oldbies don't bother explaining that what they're talking about is in no way official. Often has a tendency of being both confusingly complicated, and yet internally consistent, due to innate error-checking.

Fanwank: Attempts to reconcile errors, plot holes, or things that Do Not Make Sense in the canon, to make it consistent in-universe. The Magic and Tech thread is a typical example of this. Not always successful, and topics which have been discussed and abandoned for being unworkably broken may become inadvertant flamebait.

Retcon: Retroactive Continuity. An official attempt to change the backstory or established content. Can range from minor error corrections on re-releases (DVD correction of bad animation) to "Lucas-ing" (altering story events using better skills or technology) to complete character reboots.

Canon is seen to be important mostly so that we can all have a baseline on which to write our fanfics. One may ignore certain aspects of canon, but only if one knows what one is doing. This is not an easy thing to determine.
QED, haiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Maybe she can keep her chibi form like Rein?
*looks at Cadia Zwei zipping around, talking nonstop to anyone she can grab*

Well...maybe.
Quote:
*facepalms*

What kind of TTGL fan are you?!
What? Are you questioning my HOT BLOOD?! WHO THE HELL DO YOU TH-

*Giga Drill Breaker >>> LE*

Quote:
I, however, am neutral to psycho moe; Vita neither endears or urks me.
...so...if we replaced the cast with mentally disturbed versions of their real selves...

*contemplates the major havoc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Oh yes that reminds me:

Please check the main index page on the front for your OC's. Make sure that your part of the index is up to date, and if it's not, let me know with the appropriate links.

Remember that the requirement to have your character indexed is that it hasn't received any major haxx-busting statements, they aren't in a state of de-haxxing, and/or has received some semblance of approval.

And Ghaz seems to have become a full-fledged Librarian, with the zeal and thoroughness demanded of the Emperor's finest.

Speaking of, Ghaz, where you been recently? Haven't seen you for a while.

Now you mention it, there's a bunch o people we haven't seen lately...
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:16   Link #887
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Oh yes that reminds me:

Lol, I don't think I've had any run-ins with the haxxbusters for my OCs
Old 2008-06-06, 12:17   Link #888
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But sometimes I wonder, was Lowe thinking of Macross when he invented Lyrical Magic?
As a matter of fact...

*cough* Fire Bomber *cough*

I may not have been a big Macross fan that time, but guess you can say the idea of a man who can control a mech with his guitar was too cool to pass up on...

Wonder why Rhythm Edge was a guitar?

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:18   Link #889
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm working lots. Much tireds.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:29   Link #890
Wibbles
Better than you.

Man, it took me a while to find this thread... I'm a bit short on time right now, so I'll post some of the characters I made in the last thread.

First up...
Spoiler for Spada:

Second...
Spoiler for Lucius:

Finally....
Spoiler for Marian:

That's all for now. You've seen these guys before, but more comments are always appreciated.
Wibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:32   Link #891
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
o_o

I don't know about you, but for me, I don't define that as "overly cute". My gut says her lack of social confidence is causing that, and I don't see that as moe, just something I relate to, because I am like that at times... I still remember when I was a bit of a love Syaoran.
'cute' is subject to opinion anyway, so no surprise there.

But the shy-moe is definetly a moe type.

Quote:
OK so maybe I'm not completely against moe in general, since some types of moe do endear to me, like the silent moe, inconfident moe; the lesser, not-in-your-face and more balanced types basically.
Except that... the shy-moe types tend to be thrown in your face a hellalot more. >_< not to mention the fans keep badgering for more even if they add nothing to the story arc *cough*Nodoka*cough*

Quote:
The kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy (which is why these are called moe in the first place), but not enough to trigger facepalming. It must be just right.
And there we come to the core: It's all subject to personal opinion. Shy-moes are definetely in the 'too much' area for me. They make me want to grab the manga and yell 'Grow a frikin spine!' while shaking it. I think its because I'm surrounded by girls who basically defy the shy-girl type.

Quote:
How is Fate moe? Maybe in A's or then, but not so much anymore...even then, I always thought her "move or I start swinging" combat mindset was superior.
Fate's constant shy-whispery way of speaking for one. And she had quite a few moe scenes in StrikerS. Take her 'eh? eh?' scene at the end of episode 26.

I have to admit, the fight against Jail made me like her a bit more. Mainly because it showed her getting outright pissed.
Old 2008-06-06, 12:59   Link #892
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
'cute' is subject to opinion anyway, so no surprise there.

But the shy-moe is definetly a moe type.

Except that... the shy-moe types tend to be thrown in your face a hellalot more. >_< not to mention the fans keep badgering for more even if they add nothing to the story arc *cough*Nodoka*cough*

And there we come to the core: It's all subject to personal opinion. Shy-moes are definetely in the 'too much' area for me. They make me want to grab the manga and yell 'Grow a frikin spine!' while shaking it. I think its because I'm surrounded by girls who basically defy the shy-girl type.

Fate's constant shy-whispery way of speaking for one. And she had quite a few moe scenes in StrikerS. Take her 'eh? eh?' scene at the end of episode 26.

I have to admit, the fight against Jail made me like her a bit more. Mainly because it showed her getting outright pissed.

My moe modes or

Spoiler for how to turn Shebs into a little swooning wuss:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 13:11   Link #893
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
And Ghaz seems to have become a full-fledged Librarian, with the zeal and thoroughness demanded of the Emperor's finest.

Speaking of, Ghaz, where you been recently? Haven't seen you for a while.

Now you mention it, there's a bunch o people we haven't seen lately...
LOL XD

Well some of us have been playing Mabinogi :3

But I've been lurking here and there
Old 2008-06-06, 13:39   Link #894
Tormenk

Quote:

Her fight with Jail made me like her alot more. Though not significantly, and for different reasons.

Well, at least Fate got pissed before. Nanoha..didn't even flinch when shooting at Quattro for touching Vivio. This is going to make attempts at drawing her angry alot more difficult in the future.

And as for me..been playing waaaaay too much Cabal and MechMerc4 lately. I'll burn through the backlog of stories tomorrow night hopefully.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 13:52   Link #895
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
That's why we call that "White Devil" mode, Tormenk
Old 2008-06-06, 14:09   Link #896
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
That's why we call that "White Devil" mode, Tormenk
LOL Indeed
Old 2008-06-06, 14:22   Link #897
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Her fight with Jail made me like her alot more. Though not significantly, and for different reasons.

Well, at least Fate got pissed before. Nanoha..didn't even flinch when shooting at Quattro for touching Vivio. This is going to make attempts at drawing her angry alot more difficult in the future.
That just makes Nanoha more scary. You don't even have an idea of whether she's going to shoot you to bits or merely blast you
Old 2008-06-06, 14:23   Link #898
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
That just makes Nanoha more scary. You don't even have an idea of whether she's going to shoot you to bits or merely blast you

That's all I have to say....

Old 2008-06-06, 14:32   Link #899
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
So I guess the safest way is to listen when she tell you to and if she wants to be your friend, DO IT
Old 2008-06-06, 15:09   Link #900
Tormenk

Trust me, that thought had crossed my mind earlier.

Though it isn't about the scary-o-meter involved but like I said it's harder to find other things that would piss her off rather than the indication of being pissed.

It's 4am over here. Not exactly the best time to chew things over so I'll leave it to next time.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content