AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-15, 11:40   Link #6101
Ratsel Feinschmecker
Trombe!

fu athena will be gone
at least for only a few chapters or so
she will be out of the picture until midas
is out of her body for good
that must be the reason heck we still dont know
if athena herself will really leave or not
next time she's back athena is now herself without
some boney dude inside her
Ratsel Feinschmecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 14:10   Link #6102
babohtea

Midas is already out. That was a flashback.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 14:34   Link #6103
Ratsel Feinschmecker
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Midas is already out. That was a flashback.
fu is that right
i was merely following Game8910's blog
and it says there or by him that midas is still inside athena
guess in order to eradicate skelly dude is to go to the source
go back to royal garden and seal him there
makes sense why athena is saying goodbye
she is saying goodbye for now and will return again as athena only
without midas inside her once and for all
Ratsel Feinschmecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 15:56   Link #6104
babohtea

@Rah: this isn't over yet, so they may properly break up or end up together after all. However, I agree. Hata needs to stop buying time D:
Old 2010-03-16, 00:07   Link #6105
zodanhko
*ignoring*

If it's over for Athena, I think it'd be over for Hina and Ayumu long time ago. It's not over until it's over. In this case, I guess it's not over until Hayate and "a girl" are proclaimed to be a couple regardless of how great their feelings are for one another.

So, maybe it's doable to have Hayate and Athena to realize each others' feelings and continue to have those feelings without Hata specifically stated that they are going out or,at least, having them hold onto those feelings little further (=D) which may change Athena's mind. It's pretty much the same scenario as it is right now. Well, as long as Nagi doesn't know about their relationship. For the love of all that's good, confess already...
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 20:26   Link #6106
GlassesLady
dat apple

By the way, didn't someone post a full translation of the dialogue in the chapter based on the spoiler pics a while back? I can't find it.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 09:26   Link #6107
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Today's the new chapter is coming out , can't wait.
Old 2010-03-17, 23:43   Link #6108
AdventSleeper

Same... it's been so hard skipping the posts that have the entire spoiler of the chapter on it... must.. resist.. still!!
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 08:49   Link #6109
Motor Bug2005

Early spoilers for Chapter 265 have been posted on MF courtesy of Pablito15:

Spoiler for Early spoilers for Chapter 265:
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:28   Link #6110
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Bug2005 View Post

Spoiler for 265:
Old 2010-03-18, 10:43   Link #6111
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Bug2005 View Post

;~; gah....at least Greece arc was cute.
Old 2010-03-18, 12:29   Link #6112
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Spoiler for 265:
Well...

Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 13:23   Link #6113
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Well...

Spoiler:
Did you really enjoy all of the jokes? I thought there was a lot of silliness, and I liked that but I rarely laughed out loud.
Old 2010-03-18, 16:45   Link #6114
Mentar
Banned

Based on musouka's translation...

Spoiler for about c265:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 16:51   Link #6115
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Well, the MF HnG forums just got terminated.

Guess I'll post here about the latest chapter.. here goes.. my fabulous copy & paste!

Thanks for the spoilers, guys.

Anyway, this chapter sure gives me a disgusting feeling. It feels like I ate a basket of rotten apples infested with worms, filled with mold, and covered in mud.

Bleh....

Not like I'd know how that would taste like, but.. you get the picture...

This wasn't something unexpected, no, something far from it, but honestly, I was hoping for something better. I want to stop reading already, but I'll give Hata another chance. Athena might come back to Japan, and act like nothing has ever happened between them. Like, as if they were in a blank slate relationship. It's a slim possibility, I guess....

Otherwise... meh.. I dunno....

I gained interest in HnG precisely because of the EoTW arc (and the Izumi one beforehand). And now, although some interesting elements still remain for the near future (Nagi's inheritance, Hina's & Ayumu's feelings, Midas' resurrection / re-possession of someone, etc...), it doesn't feel quite... right...

Not without Athena at least. I really do hope she goes to Japan, and stays with everyone. Even if it's all reduced to a comedy, or whatever. Better than nothing...

She'd be a great addition to the cast, and I see no point of her leaving just like that. Honestly, Hayate gave me the impression that he gave up on her way too easily after all he went through with, and after all their history together. Yeah, I don't know what they talked about in 265, but it still looks exactly like that. If he only pushed a little harder instead of just giving up, and crying like that....

It's like 2 chapters ago everything was going great, and now everything turned 180° around all of a sudden.

Heh...

Well, there's still that thing about "Eternal love for Athena & Eternal protection for Nagi", though I don't know of what importance it is to Hata anymore. Actually, it can be quite a good troll quote. Eternal love, right? Well, who says you can't eternally love someone, but not be with them? While the same doesn't apply for protecting someone. Unless, of course, it's protection from afar, though Hayate isn't capable of that (I'm not going to explain what I'm thinking of, sorry.. )

*sigh*

*Rah has leveled up!*
*Rah has gained a new ability: Disappointment aura! - "Son, I am disappoint"*

And that's that...

Still feels like rotten apples... hmm... 11pm... breakfast time....

Hahahah!!

Edity~

zod says over Yahoo that their relationship looked like a fairy tale.

Okay, here's a nice response. This song fits perfectly IMHO....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH4BFTELME

Last edited by Rah; 2010-03-18 at 17:14.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 17:19   Link #6116
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Athena never had the aura of a character who would be sticking around, so this doesn't surprise me. Would have thought they'd do something about Hinagiku being depressed before jumping everyone back to Japan though.

Feels like we missed something. Didn't I read somewhere that this chapter and the next should be read as a pair? Maybe something happened that actually explains things better that we just don't get a hint of yet?

Edit: If Hina getting hit with Hayate's confession that he loves Athena got her fans to tear up their books, I think the MF HnG forums being closed down is adequate response to this from the Athena shippers.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-03-18 at 18:26.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 17:50   Link #6117
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Wow, the manga knows it drama, as much as I like Athena. I just can't see Hayate separated from Nagi. I'm not feeling Nagi as romantic partner though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 18:16   Link #6118
babohtea

HAHAHAHAHA! The forum got terminated! A bit off topic but, seriously, that's hilarious!

Anyhow, maybe we'll see some cool stuff in HnG now. I'm going to stop reading spoilers and read the manga normally from now on since Athena's out (for a bit), but like I said, I'm not giving up. HnG has gotten consistently better overtime, so who knows if it will still be the same old mediocre routine (or something similar to it) after they go back?

@Rah: Did you ever read the "author's avatar" omake chapters? I was always slightly annoyed by them; it felt like Hata was just trying to curry favor (at the beginning of the series). The thing about the competitive nature of manga is that there's no point in planning ahead because, well, everything changes from issue to issue (Reading Bakuman has helped me understand it a lot better). So, you get manga like To-Love-Ru where the main character isn't allowed to make a move because anything significant might disrupt the fan following....

Too quick to jump to conclusions. I think you're exaggerating a bit because of how much you like Athena though. Like you said, we'll see if Hata can pull something similarly interesting in the future.
Old 2010-03-18, 18:39   Link #6119
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Hmm?

No, I haven't. But... you're misunderstanding something, as you don't understand my personality yet. I'm not really exaggerating. Honestly, I don't care anymore. I just switched ships to Nagi / Hina again. If Athena shows up in Japan by any chance, then I'll switch them again. Yeah, just like that..

^___^

So.. what are these omake chapters?

Btw, the MFox spam thread is now the new spoiler thread. The pics are all there, we just need to inform everyone of the change..
Old 2010-03-18, 18:43   Link #6120
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Fufufufu~~~
There was no reason for the forum to exist anymore. lol (jk)

Hayate's determination was a little too weak considering the feelings he has been showing, but that's to be expected I guess. Hina and Ayumu might have a chance after all.

I'm still curious about Nagi's inheritance situation which should be the next arc. Mikado probably realized about the broken stone already.

Rah, you can still access the spamming thread?

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-03-18 at 18:55.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen