AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 22:13   Link #81
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Micaiah looks like she was designed by the Fate/Extra artist.
Maybe that's why I like her. That and the skintight black pantyhose-like material going from her toes to breasts.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 05:52   Link #82
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Eh, it's about what I expected ever since I heard Micaiah was classed as a dark mage in the DLC. Sariya's pretty much wearing the same thing.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:28   Link #83
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
My head hurts a bit... I kinda liked her old design. Oh well.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:38   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Too bad her ingame model is nothing like her art design.

Spoiler for Micaiah:

She looks like a generic unit only with a different head and hair.

Ike's model looks even worse. If it weren't for the blue hair (and file name), I wouldn't even know that it's him.
Spoiler for Ike:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 14:22   Link #85
GDB

Quote:
Too bad her ingame model is nothing like her art design.
Well that's horribly disappointing.

Quote:
Ike's model looks even worse. If it weren't for the blue hair (and file name), I wouldn't even know that it's him.
Wow, he looks more like that one guy who started with him. Byrd? I believe he was an axe wielder. Either way, wow. Guess they really are just nostalgia cash grabs.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:56   Link #86
Shadow5YA

Well, it depends on how the DLC works. Either

A) The DLC is already in the game, and what you need to download is nothing more than an "unlock" code, or...

B) The DLC is not in the game, and you do need to download the content in the form of a patch. In this case, the DLC probably prompts the game engine to "create" your DLC character using models only only available in the game. 2D images hardly take up any space, so it's not an issue, but downloading several tens of models that are completely dissimilar to anything else in the game would take up a lot of space.

But as understandable as it is, it doesn't really keep me interested in the DLC content. I'll pass on this.
Old 2012-04-27, 20:01   Link #87
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Are you sure that's the paid DLC content versions? I heard that the SpotPass download versions you get for free were different models from the "<character name> from Another World" version you get with the paid DLC.
Old 2012-04-27, 20:07   Link #88
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Well, it depends on how the DLC works. Either

A) The DLC is already in the game, and what you need to download is nothing more than an "unlock" code, or...

B) The DLC is not in the game, and you do need to download the content in the form of a patch. In this case, the DLC probably prompts the game engine to "create" your DLC character using models only only available in the game. 2D images hardly take up any space, so it's not an issue, but downloading several tens of models that are completely dissimilar to anything else in the game would take up a lot of space.

But as understandable as it is, it doesn't really keep me interested in the DLC content. I'll pass on this.
Then that's good right? That means Nintendo isn't gimping people into buying stuff that's already on the cart.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:40   Link #89
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Then that's good right? That means Nintendo isn't gimping people into buying stuff that's already on the cart.
Somewhat. It means it's not the worst case scenario *coughcapcomcough*, but they're still cutting corners.

Also, what I said was were speculation. I don't know if that's really what they're doing or not.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:17   Link #90
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Okay, so the reason the screenshots that Shadow5YA posted don't look like the new art is because those are the NPC models. The actual ones you download for use (the non-Spot Pass versions) are the ones that look like the new artwork. Though the new artworks still shows they're just sticking new heads on the standard classes, i.e. Micaiah wearing the dark mage's outfit and Roy wearing the standard mercenary clothes.
Old 2012-05-01, 21:21   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama

The soundtrack for this game is disgustingly good. The series has always had pretty good music, but I'm not sure if it's ever quite been on this level before.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 05:56   Link #92
Sides

DLC madness, it is like staff and freelancers are recreating their own versions of classic characters.
Next DLC in the line it Elincia, read more on andriasang.com (article includes new art work found on the official page)
Yeah she looks more of a knight than a princess, although Xena was warrior princess, i guess anything is possible.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:22   Link #93
GDB

I... don't even remember her from those games. Was she really in them?
Old 2012-05-02, 11:43   Link #94
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I... don't even remember her from those games. Was she really in them?
Who, Elincia? Yes, she was there. She was the Princess unit in FE9 who promoted Ike to a Lord. She rode a Pegasus and used staves.

In FE10, she was the Queen of Crimea who could use Swords and Staves. She had exclusive use of Amiti, which was essentially her own unique Brave Sword with infinite uses.

Since they made her into a generic Pegasus Knight, they redesigned her art design to fit the class.
Old 2012-05-02, 11:46   Link #95
GDB

Guess that goes to show how memorable those two FEs were to me.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:45   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Who, Elincia? Yes, she was there. She was the Princess unit in FE9 who promoted Ike to a Lord. She rode a Pegasus and used staves.

In FE10, she was the Queen of Crimea who could use Swords and Staves. She had exclusive use of Amiti, which was essentially her own unique Brave Sword with infinite uses.

Since they made her into a generic Pegasus Knight, they redesigned her art design to fit the class.
She ended up surprisingly durable in FE10 too. I remember being surprised when she fought off an entire save of flyers almost singlehandedly. Then it course I found out most major units were broken out of necessity ala Genealogy.

edit:

Some of these titles for the former hero are just plain awesome. Here's a couple I've read up on:

Star Lord Marth - The Hero King of Akaneia
Earl of Light Celice - The Noble King of Jugdral (Grandbell)
Sage King Leaf - Lord of Lenster
Red Haired Lion Roy - Lord of Lycia
The Hero of the Blue Flames Ike - Leader of the Greil Mercenaries
Priestess of Dawn Micaiah - Queen of Dain
Pure-Hearted Queen Elincia of Crimea

Still waiting on Sanaki as a DLC character. So far she's the only major figure from an FE game not to make an appearance in this game. Guess I can't complain since Alvis will no doubt be the dominant Fire mage of the game by a wide margin and Falaflame>Cymbeline. Facts is facts....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-07 at 18:44.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 02:57   Link #97
Sides

Next DLC character in line is Ephraim (scroll down the page)
Reckon most people have played the gba game and know who he is. Wild guess, Eirika next?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 23:10   Link #98
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally got the game and started playing Hard (because it says "For experienced players"...).
Nothing much to complain so far, though the critical hits are kind of lame.
Oh, and reinforcements moving on the turn they appear = FTL. ( -_-)

Glad to see a new artwork of Ephraim. Too bad only the guys seem to look normal while the girls all look like they came from some fanservice doujin.
Not that I cared much about the GC FEs that much in the first place though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 10:45   Link #99
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Finally got the game and started playing Hard (because it says "For experienced players"...).
Nothing much to complain so far, though the critical hits are kind of lame.
Oh, and reinforcements moving on the turn they appear = FTL. ( -_-)
Reinforcements moving on the turn they appear has been happening since the Shadow Dragon remake on the DS, maybe even sooner than that. It might have happened in Sword of Seals too, but I'm not positive.
Old 2012-06-06, 21:27   Link #100
drsypher

Well, here's some good news: the game's coming to North America! Now why Nintendo never said anything during the conferences, who knows, but I guess that doesn't matter.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem