Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 20:19   Link #641
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Awww, such darling! He looks like my cat, Felix.
Let me guess, he's black right?? Yeah, black cats are cute.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 20:20   Link #642
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Indeed, he does... actually, when I saw yours' pics, I went through my own photo library
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 02:34   Link #643
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Let me guess, he's black right?? Yeah, black cats are cute.
You have a black cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Indeed, he does... actually, when I saw yours' pics, I went through my own photo library
How old is he, and have u brought him to the vet to neuter him? I haven't, so Felix has been peeing everywhere to mark his territory. Not to forget, its easy to get this little "pervert" excited, if you get my drift

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 02:39   Link #644
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
You have a black cat?

How old is he, and have u brought him to the vet to neuter him? I haven't, so Felix has been peeing everywhere to mark his territory. Not to forget, its easy to get this little "pervert" excited, if you get my drift
Nope, black and white mixed... but black is major... she died a decade ago.. old age... I'm caring for her daughter now... kinda orange, white, black...
Old 2012-06-07, 03:54   Link #645
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Xerxes is 13, I picked him from the street as a baby, because his mother was killed by a car, but ended up keeping him for the next 12 years. He is castrated, actually I had to help the doctor with the operation, and while he calmed down inside the house, he still behaved territorially when "playing" with cats and we (their caretakers) did not supervise them. That was the case with Mardonius (my mothers cat in the last pics), but within a month found some balance in their relationship and now share the territory (an apartment) and began playing and even cooperating to trick my mother. In any case, removing the reproductive organs of either sexes cats is not necessary as long as their owners can take care of their offspring, which is impossible in cities. It is very traumatic for the cat, but when their alternative is death on the street, I think that it justifies the decision.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:22   Link #646
NoemiChan
Banned

Any my cat.... Miming
Old 2012-06-07, 08:56   Link #647
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Xerxes is 13, I picked him from the street as a baby, because his mother was killed by a car, but ended up keeping him for the next 12 years. He is castrated, actually I had to help the doctor with the operation, and while he calmed down inside the house, he still behaved territorially when "playing" with cats and we (their caretakers) did not supervise them. That was the case with Mardonius (my mothers cat in the last pics), but within a month found some balance in their relationship and now share the territory (an apartment) and began playing and even cooperating to trick my mother. In any case, removing the reproductive organs of either sexes cats is not necessary as long as their owners can take care of their offspring, which is impossible in cities. It is very traumatic for the cat, but when their alternative is death on the street, I think that it justifies the decision.
Yes, I agree. Felix is too active and I am not able to watch over him most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Any my cat.... Miming
Miming? Hahahaha, why did you call him Miming?

Old 2012-06-07, 09:22   Link #648
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I agree. Felix is too active and I am not able to watch over him most of the time.
Then maybe you should reconsider your approach as his "caretaker". It might be hard, but the most important thing with men and animals is to develop a harmonious coexistence that ultimately can benefit all
Old 2012-06-07, 09:29   Link #649
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Then maybe you should reconsider your approach as his "caretaker". It might be hard, but the most important thing with men and animals is to develop a harmonious coexistence that ultimately can benefit all
I should, you know, cause I spoil him way too much. Whenever he does something naughty, I will just whisper in his ears not to repeat it in the future.

Old 2012-06-07, 09:30   Link #650
Malkuth
Banned

You shouldn't... I did the same mistake with Xerxes, and ended up more asocial than me
Old 2012-06-07, 09:37   Link #651
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

It's a tough battle, cause the minute the cat looks at you with his starry eyes, you know you are going to let him do as he pleases. Or maybe it's just me.

Old 2012-06-07, 09:47   Link #652
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
It's a tough battle, cause the minute the cat looks at you with his starry eyes, you know you are going to let him do as he pleases. Or maybe it's just me.
Maybe if you think of him as a male praying upon your mother instincts you would not pamper him so much.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:49   Link #653
Malkuth
Banned

You are taking care of your cat, and he/she must come to realize that! With pets there should be no puppy/starry-eyes that bend your will of what should be done! Animals are not human children that we expect to grow up and understand because of societal constraints, we are their world, and we are responsible for their behaviour. What they do wrong is because we allowed it.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:09   Link #654
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Maybe if you think of him as a male praying upon your mother instincts you would not pamper him so much.
Quote:
You are taking care of your cat, and he/she must come to realize that! With pets there should be no puppy/starry-eyes that bend your will of what should be done! Animals are not human children that we expect to grow up and understand because of societal constraints, we are their world, and we are responsible for their behaviour. What they do wrong is because we allowed it.
Le sigh~ My friends have been saying the same thing. I am trying to be more stern and strict with him. Just that whenever I scold him, I will feel sorry for him. I sometimes apologize when I feel that he is sad after that. He's my baby after all. I am sorry, I am not a very good mother, am I?

Old 2012-06-07, 10:18   Link #655
Malkuth
Banned

Nah, I don't want to sound dictative... it's out of the experience of making the same mistake
Old 2012-06-07, 10:34   Link #656
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Le sigh~ My friends have been saying the same thing.
Let me add an example, let's suppose you have a kid at the pool, the instructor asks him to climb the platform but he is afraid, you ask him to stand down. Do you do it

a) he is afraid.
b) because you seriously think he will injure himself.
c) because you are the one feeling bad inside.

Sorry if I come out as an *ss ^^; This has nothing to do with my age, I have been like this since I was little :9 Not that I have matured any since then *whistles*
Old 2012-06-07, 10:40   Link #657
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I will ask him to stand down for all 3 reasons. I don't like forcing little kids when they are afraid, and also because they might injure themselves if they are not paying the proper attention. I also feel bad inside because my maternal instinct hurts seeing him in fear.

How do you relate this to Felix?

Old 2012-06-07, 10:41   Link #658
Malkuth
Banned

Guys! animals are not human kids... they have some similarities, but that's about it... it is misleading to draw parallels between them. Kids can at some point understand human ways, animals won't they have to compromise with our ways, therefore we teach our kids, but train our pets... for better or worse
Old 2012-06-07, 10:45   Link #659
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I am not trying to say cat=human kid, I am tryin for her to realize how personal emotions can take over judgement.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:49   Link #660
Malkuth
Banned

Sorry, my bad, dictatetive experience from my own past mistakes again

Tags
pets, photography