AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 06:36   Link #161
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I thought I'd should mention that ep.1 has been released by gg. Thanks guys!
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 06:50   Link #162
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Great! A big thank you to gg fansubs here. Finally most of us would be able to understand what they are talking about.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 09:27   Link #163
Karnot
Banned

Its funny how those CLAMPian artist girlies manage to draw human creatures in the absolutely unattractive manner, lol.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 09:34   Link #164
chucky
Always impatient

Wow, wtf is this one? Death Note the futuristic military version? It is very intriguing.... (and funny no one here see this as a dialogue to DN... *smirk*)

And just one quick rejoinder to the political tirade the people here engaging before.... Well I think there are different levels of reading and I dont think this show, up to ep. 2, means to purport what people would call "japanese nationalism".

And hey, I am a chinese myself and I have no love for the japanese invasion and the mayhem they brought to china and korea at all, nor do I have any affiliation with the array of people from Kaiji Kawaguchi to a bunch of japanese modern national myth apologists in this forum (I fought with them in many occasions) but well, this show to me operates on many levels and never tries to oversimplify any single party involved. A sophistication to me it is, and wish there would be no more tirade traded but judgment suspension until there are more concrete evidences on that....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 10:15   Link #165
Karnot
Banned

By the way, who in the world is C.C. ?!! Cyber-Cop or something ?
There wasnt anyone in ep. 1 called C.C.
Old 2006-10-15, 10:15   Link #166
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
By the way, who in the world is C.C. ?!! Cyber-Cop or something ?
There wasnt anyone in ep. 1 called C.C.
C.C is the green haired chick who Lelouch tried to protect.
Old 2006-10-15, 10:42   Link #167
Karnot
Banned

...ok, and WHY exactly everyone calls her C.C. ?
Old 2006-10-15, 10:44   Link #168
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
...ok, and WHY exactly everyone calls her C.C. ?
Because that's her name, see the official character page for her. We don't know what what the 'C.C' stands for as yet though...
Old 2006-10-15, 11:33   Link #169
Cruzz
Europeon

Cough, I'd say gg's translator (and editors for that matter) might want to spend a bit of time looking at...quite a few lines.

To pick, say, every line up until the first minute:

皇暦2010年8月10日

gg: 2010 a.t.b, August 10th.

Imperial calendar, August 10th 2010

神聖ブリタニア帝国は日本に宣戦布告した

gg: The New Britannia Empire declared war on Japan

The Holy Britannian Empire declared war on Japan

(minor, but I did say all lines of the first minute so might as well point this out too)

極東で中立を謳う島国と唯一の超大国ブリタニア。両者の間には日本の地下資源を巡る根深い外交上の対立があ った

gg: The neutral islands in the far east and the world's only superpower, Britannia. In between them was the epicenter of the deeply rooted diplomatic conflict created by Japan.

The far eastern island nation advocating neutrality and the Britannia Empire, the world's only superpower; between the two a deep-seated diplomatic antagonism over Japan's underground resources.

Or a bit simplified and with changed word order:

There was a deep diplomatic conflict between the neutral far-eastern island country and the world's only superpower, the Britannian Empire, over Japan's underground resources.

本土決戦においてブリタニア軍は人型自在戦闘装甲機ナイトメア・フレームを実戦で初めて投入。

gg: During the mainland battle, the Britannian army used the Mobile Humanoid Armor Vehicles, Nightmare Flames, in combat for the first time.

During the mainland battle, the Britannian army deployed their Flexible Armored Humanoid Combat Vehicles, the Knightmare frames, into combat for the first time.

(Mostly my issue here is with Nightmare Flame, when Knightmare is shown multiple times in just this episode, and I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money on it being "frame". The other changes are just how I'd put the line down as on my first pass.)

Last edited by Cruzz; 2006-10-15 at 12:14.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 12:29   Link #170
multani2842

Spoiler for episode n°2:
multani2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 13:44   Link #171
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Saw it and damn. I got flashbacks to the end of Death Note episode 1.

Looking forward to episode 2.
Old 2006-10-15, 14:02   Link #172
kauldron26
Med Student

thank you gg subs for subbing code Geasss !!!!!
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 14:20   Link #173
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

I waited for the sub on this series, and having watched gg's had somewhat mixed feelings.

Cons include:
-lots of overly dramatic nationalistic editorializing,
-pretty lame colonial overlords (I think the Brits had success in running their colonial empire with a rather less naive/straightforward style of getting their way),
-contains the usual fare of machiavellian princes, slimy generals, researches with questionable ethics and whiny sidekicks.

Pros:
Spoiler for for episode 1:

I think I'll see a few more episodes to see if the pros manage to make this a win.
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 14:29   Link #174
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Whoa most seeds I've seen on a file in a long time. Even more so than the popular Kanon and Death Note. I certainly didn't expect this amount of support for a mecha show still existed, but it makes me happy people still care about this all but lost genre.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 14:32   Link #175
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Well, after watching the first subbed ep., It appears to just be another mecha series, and I'm kinda burned out on those. It also hints as anti U.S. (they can call it New Brittainnia if they want to), and since I'm a U.S. citizen, I'm a little offended. I don't think I'll be following this series any further.
Lady_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 15:43   Link #176
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Whoa most seeds I've seen on a file in a long time. Even more so than the popular Kanon and Death Note. I certainly didn't expect this amount of support for a mecha show still existed, but it makes me happy people still care about this all but lost genre.
I bet it's the CLAMP factor plus it is a Goro Taniguchi/Sunrise series which gave us the awesomeness of Infinite Ryvius, Scryed, and Planetes.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 15:43   Link #177
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... the show lived up to my expectations. Im also American, but im also black, so im not going to pretend that the US is not fucked up... so i am not offended... After how many years of oppression and then revolution, yet there is still racism in every corner of a supposedly diverse and liberitanian country. But i digress... i suggest u take some classes on power oppression and prividge. You should also learn to seperate between Art and politics.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:32   Link #178
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_D View Post
Well, after watching the first subbed ep., It appears to just be another mecha series, and I'm kinda burned out on those. It also hints as anti U.S. (they can call it New Brittainnia if they want to), and since I'm a U.S. citizen, I'm a little offended. I don't think I'll be following this series any further.
As I posted earlier. Please be careful how you label the themes in this work... lol Claiming that this hints at anti-U.S. stances seems to suggest you accept the sort of "U.S" imaging this work portrays... Yes.. an imperialistic and not so very kind one. I don't consider this portrayal... anything near U.S. standard (policy?) at all, so I don't agree to adopt the terminology for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
wow... the show lived up to my expectations. Im also American, but im also black, so im not going to pretend that the US is not fucked up... so i am not offended... After how many years of oppression and then revolution, yet there is still racism in every corner of a supposedly diverse and liberitanian country. But i digress... i suggest u take some classes on power oppression and prividge. You should also learn to seperate between Art and politics.
Someone didn't get drawn in by the wording. Good.

Spoiler for On TakeP-Executive Producer and his and other variations of "anti-US". Ignore if you tire of philosophical analysis and fringe in-topic discussion:

Uhh great to see this subbed, though I don't really watch subs anymore lol I would comment on them if I did
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 18:52   Link #179
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Saw it and damn. I got flashbacks to the end of Death Note episode 1.
you know thats was exactally wht i thought...theres another psyco on the loose
i liked this first ep...its soo much more different than whts on atm and its been a while since ive seen a mecha and war series...kinda like a gundam/FMP/death note mixture...
im looking forward for ep 2 ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 21:55   Link #180
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarOfMayo View Post
Spoiler for On TakeP-Executive Producer and his and other variations of "anti-US". Ignore if you tire of philosophical analysis and fringe in-topic discussion:
I'm sorry, but Producer Takeda has made many ignorant, arrogant, and down-right stupid comments in the public numerous times in the past....
I honestly cannot defend that man, nor can I see his work as "sophisticated political statement".
I love this show, but not because of Takeda. I love the director, the character designer, and many other anime staff involved in it.
I just hope Takeda's influence doesn't ruin it.