AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 22:10   Link #1601
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or what is usually shown in anime...

He dies and the daughter hates him for it.

Gotta tie it into the PV somehow. Female character wasn't exactly looking happy there.

Nah Its an anime representation of the singer. See 1:59 min in.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 23:20   Link #1602
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
More GAR less moe in the future if it's possible. (I happen to like moe too...see avatar.)
There's already GAR with moe characters. Eg Akemi Homura
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 00:15   Link #1603
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I expect that Lunatic could be a main villian in the next season instead. Imagine he's acting like a madman.

I mean seriously, they should changed the 2nd OP sequence where Maverick is a main villian instead.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-14 at 00:44.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 00:48   Link #1604
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Lunatic....... doesn't have the reason to be a main villain, yet. He's not a villain, if any he's an anti-hero. Something like Punisher or Ghost Rider. He's clearly on Thanatos good side but he has different sense of justice that makes him doesn't have any hesitation to kill criminal.

But I wonder will they make conclusion about his story regarding his vision of Legend on the finale. Will he finally can let go of his past, seek for redemption and move on, or they just hanging his part of story...... till next season or on other adaptation (manga, OVA, drama CD, etc)

Btw, some fanart
Spoiler for Pika-Lin:

Spoiler for Reaction Guy:

Spoiler for This is kind of disturbing, but hilarious:

Spoiler for As expected, there's a lot of fried rice fanart now...:

Spoiler for Abayo, dachiko!:

Spoiler for Kaburagi Family:

Spoiler for Good Luck Heroes:
Old 2011-09-14, 00:57   Link #1605
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Spoiler for As expected, there's a lot of fried rice fanart now...:
I think I need to enlight this thing up with this one after all that happened in recent eps... I mean Fried Rice is my favorite dish of all time.

Let's believe in Kotetsu!

Kotetsu: THIS IS AWESOME!!! *munching fried rice made by Barnaby*

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-14 at 02:44.
Old 2011-09-14, 01:29   Link #1606
EroKing

Episode 24

Knowing Sunrise they have pretty much been trolling regarding Kotetsu's powers going away. The thing that this company is always good at is THE VERY LAST episode.

Remember how in Code Geass someone had to die first for the "Code" of immortality to turn on? I have a strong feeling they will be using the same thing here explaining how Kotetsu's powers were evolving all along and this was meant to be his new/second power. Thus the title "Eternal Immortality."

See you again in the next episode Wild Tiger
Old 2011-09-14, 08:19   Link #1607
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
第25話「Eternal Immortality.」(永久不滅)(9月24日放送)
大きな悲しみに包まれる中、遂にバーナビーは両親殺しの真犯人と対峙
する。
Something akin to the official synopsis for ep25 has appeared (BS11 station).
>Engulfed in the deepest grief, Barnaby finally confronts the true killer of his parents.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 08:28   Link #1608
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
する。
>Engulfed in the deepest grief, Barnaby finally confronts the true killer of his parents.
Is that all they released?

If so... Well-played, Sunrise, well-played.

This is one time when they should let the suspense build up, and not spoil people on the biggest question on people's minds going into Episode 25.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:45   Link #1609
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Is that all they released?

If so... Well-played, Sunrise, well-played.

This is one time when they should let the suspense build up, and not spoil people on the biggest question on people's minds going into Episode 25.
There might be more coming later in the week, so far this is all we got.
Old 2011-09-14, 12:01   Link #1610
~BC~

Quote:
する。
That's so cute, Sunrise. Too bad I'm not silly enough to fall for that. Still, it's been interesting reading some of the thoughts people have about the pros and cons of Kotetsu dying.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 14:06   Link #1611
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So when I went to check my mail today I got a letter from the Hudson's Bay Company with some generic spiel about my credit card, but that isn't what amused me about this letter. What amused me was that the signature was from someone named Bonnie B. Brooks.

Possible real life female version of our own Barnaby Brooks Jr?

Spoiler for Bonnie Brooks:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 03:47   Link #1612
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
する。
Well, this is it, folks. It’s time to put that bastard Maverick down once and for all!

He used Barnaby by altering his mind, letting Jake Martinez who thoughts that he killed Barnaby’s parents & now he let Rotwang from ep15 to make H-01 in order to kidnapped Kaede!

Is Maverick gone insane? Is he become a leader of Ouroboros as we know it?

Spoiler for From I quoted from what Chris Redfield said to Albert Wesker in Resident Evil 5:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-15 at 04:00.
Old 2011-09-15, 03:52   Link #1613
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

From Pash Deeep!:
>Kotetsu tends to lower the other people's opinion of himself so they wouldn't bother with him (though it seems he's doing that unconsciously)
>Barnaby is so used to being alone that he's even incapable of actually feeling lonely anymore; the first deep human relationship that he's ever bothered to build is the one with Kotetsu
>Barnaby is normally eloquent and quick-thinking, but when it comes to talking about the more personal issues he's not as self-assured.
>Dragon Kid will probably forever remain a kid at heart; the nuanced, unfair and complex adult world just doesn't fit her very well
>Nathan is sensitive and understanding, but people like that are also rather easy to wound
>Karina is easily impressionable and can change her opinions rather quickly
>Keith is almost incapable of hurting people, in both speech and conduct
>The scenes with Heroes after they got manipulated by Maverick show how brittle their friendship and trust is; especially telling in Antonio's case, whom Kotetsu knows since high-school
>the scene about the 2 dollars between Kotetsu and Muramasa was meant to illustrate the difficulties even his own brother has when communicating with him. Since Kotetsu is so dishonest, asking him straight away tends have little effect, so some pointless distractions become necessary to loosen him up.
>Barnaby's memory has been edited quite extensively; even the memories of his family are affected, though the sense of warmth there is real.
>Even if he regains his real memories someday, nothing can return the lost time and destroyed bonds. Just who can
>the scene in the restaurant in ep3 ("building-like buildings") illustrates how avoidant and closed they are when it comes to their real thoughts and feelings. Nevertheless, lock them up together and the truth starts coming out.
>ep9 was very heartwarming and the writing team liked the content very much. The writers came up with enough material for three episodes, but alas.
>Lunatic's character illustrates how justice is neither absolute, nor necessarily right.
>the scene in ep2 where Kotetsu irritates Barnaby by imitating him is important because it illustrates Kotetsu's ability to draw the sense of humanity out of him, even though they are practically strangers at that point

And to lift up the mood

Spoiler for in b4 sold out:
Old 2011-09-15, 04:11   Link #1614
Jeffry2009
Banned

They were supposed to be crushed by those spikes filled room instead during ep24.
Old 2011-09-15, 08:23   Link #1615
littlegal100

Quote:
From Pash Deeep!:
>Kotetsu tends to lower the other people's opinion of himself so they wouldn't bother with him (though it seems he's doing that unconsciously)
I figured as much.
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 15:59   Link #1616
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Crazy but possible thought about the possible second season:
Spoiler for Season 2 Possibility:
Old 2011-09-16, 05:48   Link #1617
Kashiro
Pocky Addict

Send a message via AIM to Kashiro
For season 2, assuming something happens to Maverick, I wonder how this will effect Sternbild. Remember despite his true face, most people see him as the father of heroes and the man who gave life to Heroes. TV. In other words, despite how much of a dick he is, he's also the reason why the Heroes are able to act as heroes. He made Hero TV popular enough that other companies were willing to sponsor heroes and bother making all those high tech suits and gear for those heroes. (And apparently they also pay for the damages heroes do)

So, with Maverick gone...how badly do you think things will start off in season 2? I easily see that the public opinion of heroes could go down as a result. Furthermore, without the steady string of flashy crimes, the ratings will probably end up going down. I wonder if the "Hero.TV" ratings will go so far down that they might cancel the chancel. Or will the sudden disappearance of Maverick do something else Sternbild city attract more super villains because they lack a sort of regulator now? Regardless, I'm curious how this will all play out.
Kashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 06:52   Link #1618
Jeffry2009
Banned

Need to clear my head... IF the season 2 occurs, I'll be damned with my over-enthusiasm about it.
Old 2011-09-16, 14:19   Link #1619
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
K, I only watched a few episodes before putting this on hold, but I've caught up to 23 at this point.

It can be said that this series has pretty much exceeded all expectations. What was initially comic relief revealed a world that was far more deep and complex then it would let on. The corporations of the superhero business would indeed have shady and unethical dealings. I mean, they're putting people in danger for ratings! They're not concerned about saving people any more, just for the sake of money.

So in essence, Tiger and Bunny has done an excellent job of worldbuilding. Many series come in with fanciful notions in different places, but how many actually manage to capitalize on it? Tiger and Bunny manages to bring it up in a world vaguely familiar to our own, but yet manages to let the viewer imagine the nuances of it.

After all, Maverick's plan involves letting the masses remember a lie. It is better for the sake if they are hidden from the truth, that Mr. Legend never went downhill and became a wifebeater, that the heroes don't always do everything perfectly, and that people were killed to bring out this business.

But this happens so much everywhere; it's easier to accept the convenient status quo than to find the truth. So give people what they want?

As for the recent plot, I felt the power of friendship thing was kinda cheesy, but was also glad it didn't work-- well it did in a few cases. Maverick made a rather huge oversight in ignoring Kaede; after all he has this elaborate plan to get rid of his identity, but there's quite a few more people that need to be silenced. Then again, there was no way for people to know Kaede had powers, and that kind of specific power. Overall, the operation was very quick but a bit sloppy in some places. Typical villain, I'd say.

The villains in the story are also extremely colorful. Jark Martinez was a good job of a typical menacing psychopath, Lunatic has classical superhero villain vibes, and Maverick is really good at being a dick.

Among the actual cast, Tiger and Barnaby are of course the best characters. Tiger being your washed up superhero who doesn't consider himself obsolete and really isn't obsolete, and Bunny, the cool, calm guy with a dark past that dominates his psyche. I tend to enjoy these kinds of characters the most, and this duo with their comedic interactions, is no exception.

The best part thus far are probably when Kotetsu was fighting all the superheroes on his own; it was not only to prove to them that they could remember him, but also that he is worth being remembered. But the fact that he managed to evade capture shows that, he most indeed still has it.

I suppose I didn't like the Tiger and Bunny battle that much. The first part, with the chase (and mandatory oil tanker) was awesome, but the actual fight was kinda your typical fare. I also sorta felt the battles earlier on looked better. But...

"we're the best team ever!"

I guess Barnaby can kind of admit it, whether he likes it or not.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-09-16 at 14:26. Reason: too many typos to speak of
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:54   Link #1620
Kashiro
Pocky Addict

Send a message via AIM to Kashiro
Wing- Yeah, Tiger & Bunny really does capitalize on World Building. It many ways the attitudes of the news reporters and some of the hero's constant mention about points that made me agree with this one picture's commentary about the world of Tiger & Bunny; it's all about business. Llyod's attitude towards Kotetsu, Agnes's obsession with the ratings, and even Maverick's decisions all reflect this kind of mentality. Everything was pure business in the end. A fine heroic dystopia isn't it?

Though, I do agree about the Bunny vs. Tiger fight. It kinda felt like they were recycling a bit too much in that fight with the fact that both of their "GOOD LUCK! MODE" set-up took up the entire screen and easily killed 10 seconds of potential fighting time. That and it kinda felt more like a curb stomp than an actual fight. I guess they were going for less of an actual fight and more of a tragic pull instead there.
Kashiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere