AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-06-22, 21:03   Link #2101
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
Does someone knows wha Tatsuya isnīt contestant in nine school competition?
Why would he be?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 01:37   Link #2102
I'm-here-present

Not to patronize him, but if Tatsuya was a contestant... 9SC would be cancelled because of him winning every damn competition...
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 02:26   Link #2103
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Because the benefits of him being an engineer are greater than him participating in the competition.
Old 2014-06-23, 04:46   Link #2104
Waxman

Er... Sorry if im wrong but the rules for Steeplechase race doesn't allow any scond or third year to participate regardless of whether someone is a competitor or a engineer?
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 04:47   Link #2105
Echizen777

Quote:
First remember he competed last year because there was an accident and he was forced by his senpais. It was risky because his powers must be hidden until the 3rd year.

This time everything is fine excepted the SC event, participating would mean to risk himself to reveal his abilities.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 07:47   Link #2106
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
Not to patronize him, but if Tatsuya was a contestant... 9SC would be cancelled because of him winning every damn competition...
Interesting thought. Tatsuya competing in the girls' competitions -- presumably while pretending to be a girl in order to qualify -- would certainly be a change of pace for the story.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 08:02   Link #2107
The Green One

Silly jokes aside, the main reason besides Tatsuya's greater value as an engineer is that he simply doesn't want to compete. The only reason he did it last time was that First High was backed into a corner, and that his Semapi's rather strongly twisted his arm.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 08:13   Link #2108
Astraeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Er... Sorry if im wrong but the rules for Steeplechase race doesn't allow any scond or third year to participate regardless of whether someone is a competitor or a engineer?
You've got it the wrong way around: ALL second and third year competitors automatically take part. First years are kept out due to inexperience and engineers due to... well, they're supposed to be engineers.

But Tatsuya participating in every event... yeah, that's something I'd like to see. It would make Mahouka interesting like rarely before...
Astraeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 08:19   Link #2109
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeia View Post
But Tatsuya participating in every event... yeah, that's something I'd like to see. It would make Mahouka interesting like rarely before...
With each games requiring different talents in magic he would not be able to win in many of them anyway.
Old 2014-06-23, 08:37   Link #2110
Astraeia

No, I was going back to the idea of Tatsuya participating in the girls' events. That would be interesting and fun to watch. I wonder what Tatsuko would wear for Ice Pillars Break...

Edit: The Mirage Bat uniforms... OH MY, that would be hilarious.
Old 2014-06-23, 09:18   Link #2111
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Interesting thought. Tatsuya competing in the girls' competitions -- presumably while pretending to be a girl in order to qualify -- would certainly be a change of pace for the story.
Miyuki would love it either way
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:16   Link #2112
Echizen777

Quote:
No, I was going back to the idea of Tatsuya participating in the girls' events. That would be interesting and fun to watch. I wonder what Tatsuko would wear for Ice Pillars Break...

Edit: The Mirage Bat uniforms... OH MY, that would be hilarious.
Who knows, there may be a gender bending Ancient magic .
Old 2014-06-23, 13:24   Link #2113
nosaer

If Tatsuya were to compete it would probably be boring because the variety of Magic he can physically use is limited, and of the magic he can use, his better spells are all classified. It would probably be very difficult for him to win in that situation similarly to why Leo and Erika would have trouble winning due to the rules. Tatsuya's biggest strength is bringing out the full abilities of his competitors which to me makes a more interesting story because he can create the best possible combinations of ability and personnel for matches. Even if Tatsuya did win everything as a competitor, the manner in which he could do so would be limited and he'd most likely win every match the same way.

Also I thought 2nd and 3rd years were only eligible for steeplechase. not forced to enter. It wouldn't make sense to me to force the entire 2nd and 3rd year population into a match thats so dangerous.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:45   Link #2114
Astraeia

If people could sit out, Miyuki would do just that and Tatsuya wouldn't have to fight the Parasidolls...

And I think Tatsuya's limitations in regular magic could be a good impetus to come up with ridiculous, varied strategies for him to still win in the end. Whether he's a proper girl by ancient magic or rewriting his own existence to a girl's (probably not how Regrowth works, I know) or as the guy in bad drag, I wouldn't really mind... both have their own attractiveness.
Old 2014-06-23, 13:48   Link #2115
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
If Tatsuya were to compete it would probably be boring because the variety of Magic he can physically use is limited, and of the magic he can use, his better spells are all classified. It would probably be very difficult for him to win in that situation similarly to why Leo and Erika would have trouble winning due to the rules. Tatsuya's biggest strength is bringing out the full abilities of his competitors which to me makes a more interesting story because he can create the best possible combinations of ability and personnel for matches. Even if Tatsuya did win everything as a competitor, the manner in which he could do so would be limited and he'd most likely win every match the same way.
I agree. While Tatsuya's powers are good I really like to see the powers of normal magicians, the 2 little fights in vol 12 and Miyuki's fights with Lina were very good for that reason. I like to see them use new and various magics, it adds a little more to our knowledge too. I don't think we will see them all before the end of the story.

He should publish the Index or list them all .
Old 2014-06-23, 22:46   Link #2116
nosaer

Vol 13 Ch 1 concerning Steeplechase

"Furthermore, all the second and third year athletes, male and female, can potentially enter. Actually, everyone but the first years can participate.”

That doesn't look like the entire population is forced to enter...
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 23:15   Link #2117
XFire
150% done

Quote:
If people could sit out, Miyuki would do just that and Tatsuya wouldn't have to fight the Parasidolls...

And I think Tatsuya's limitations in regular magic could be a good impetus to come up with ridiculous, varied strategies for him to still win in the end. Whether he's a proper girl by ancient magic or rewriting his own existence to a girl's (probably not how Regrowth works, I know) or as the guy in bad drag, I wouldn't really mind... both have their own attractiveness.
He was going after them anyway, as I recall. Hell, she had to threaten him to keep him from doing it while half-dead from exhaustion.
Old 2014-06-26, 08:23   Link #2118
TrueAlchemist

Thanks to great translators, we got a lot of information. According to one of previous spoiler summaries, Kyouko asked Tatsuya a favor to eliminate P-dolls and said, her family does not completely agree with Kudou Retsu' plan. But, seems like, Kudou already had a plan to use Tatsuya as a tool to battle against Parasite dolls. I wonder whether Kyouko was used by Kudou to lure Tatsuya into the battle against Parasite dolls. If Kyouko was not taking an order from Kudou, this old man is really cunning. For clarification, we may need to wait for further detailed translation.

In this volume, Kudou managed to drag Tatsuya into the light. He may not be known to public, but now the military circle will realize, Mahesvara is not myth from now on. Previous to this event, he is only known to 101 independent magic battalion and some higher-ups at the Japan's ministry of defence. So, it may become a huge plot development in the future volumes. (probably after ancient city arc)

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-26 at 11:52.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 01:08   Link #2119
amigos

Wink

i guess i was so spoiled by the translator previous efforts(thank again dreyakis for all you did),i would never have tough it woul still no be translated at this time
if only if wasn't too lazy to learn japanese:in the end,one can only rely on himself in this world,sic transit gloria mundi
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 08:32   Link #2120
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
They are limited to 2 events max per contestant.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote