AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-29, 20:01   Link #101
evil-samurai

Yea! the second episode is subbed; thanks to KissSub

I like the set-up for the anime, it makes you want to watch more and more.. but you have to wait >.< I didn't expect anything from the show yet I'm anticipating it more then nearly all the new shows out. Interesting enough Thor isn't annoying at all, I thought he might be at some point but he just isn't and the whole husband thing.. was interesting, even though some of the dialogue seems a bit typical its not bad. The relationships so far are played out well though it was a little strange how the women pick someone and that final, but its in tune with the society the live in so everything thing is ok. Well I like Tiz alot, even though she goes on about wanting to be thor husband.. she has a brain of her own which seems to be left out in some other anime >.<

Alot of talk on Rai... I dont think he is dead yet.. unless you see his body being ripped apart then nothing is certain. They are twins and showing things to come in the opening points towards twists of all sorts.

Some gifs, all under 50kb ex. one >.<

<- to big for animesuki >.<

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-04-30 at 10:08.
Old 2006-04-29, 23:32   Link #102
domino
デレデレ

Loving this show! I wish it took me less than 4 days to download an episode, though... (since they have no IRC room to pick up the episodes from)... Anyone happen to know of an alternate way of downloading it? This show is too good to wait for! Yay for fantasy adventures~

Still wondering why this topic hasn't been moved to fansubs. o_o But I guess it doesn't matter... still, they're usually pretty quick to move topics...
Old 2006-04-30, 22:09   Link #103
evillily
KissSub_Jelly

Send a message via MSN to evillily Send a message via Yahoo to evillily
Yeah, this should be moved to fansubs.
English subtitled ep3's coming out soon~~

Last edited by evillily; 2006-04-30 at 23:24.
Old 2006-05-02, 03:46   Link #104
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Episode 3 is out! I loved the Chen/Thor's fight!! Thor impressed everyone from Tiz to Third!
I'm also really curious to know the Chen/Third wereabouts ^^ They seemed to be more than rivals...XD

thx again to kissSub to sub the show so quickly!

Last edited by a-chan; 2006-05-02 at 08:13.
Old 2006-05-02, 09:26   Link #105
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I must say I absolutly LOVE Jyu Oh Sei. For me it is one of the best series this season. I love the art and the animation is so well done as well. And the Opening song as well as the ending is so good.

Episode 3:
Spoiler:

Sometimes I just wished there was some hint of shounen-ai. Would be fun. ^^ (Not actual shounen-ai though)

And how many volumes is the manga? And have someone released it in the US? I prefer buying manga than reading them over the internet. And it saddens me it's only 11 episodes... It should be 26!
And Third is hot. Eheh...

Thank you KissSub for releasing it so fast. I can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2006-05-02, 15:08   Link #106
acidflower

I'm wondering if the name, "Thor" is official. Or, is it something that KissSub just standarized in their subs. Does anyone know if this spelling of Thor's name is official, or is it just an interpretation.
Old 2006-05-02, 15:33   Link #107
Friera

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower
I'm wondering if the name, "Thor" is official. Or, is it something that KissSub just standarized in their subs. Does anyone know if this spelling of Thor's name is official, or is it just an interpretation.
It might just be "Tor" from the norse mytology.
Old 2006-05-02, 16:26   Link #108
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Tor or Thor. Interesting argument considering that those are both different spellings for the same god of thunder.

Considering that his brother's anme is Rai, I'd say that his name is definitely supposed to be the same as the Norse god of thunder.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-03, 09:05   Link #109
Friera

Any idea when the opening and ending theme will be released? I just love it!
Old 2006-05-03, 22:42   Link #110
miaka

I am surprise to know that Saad/Third CV is Shun Oguri. He is also cv of Alphonse in FMA-movie and a popular dorama idol ( Gakusen, Densha Otoko, GTO, Nana- movie). Its very unusual to have two popular idols in the same anime as CV.

With regard to op/cl theme, there is no tentative date for future release. I am also keeping an eye on it.
Old 2006-05-03, 23:16   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
Sometimes I just wished there was some hint of shounen-ai. Would be fun. ^^ (Not actual shounen-ai though)
Well, if its a hint you're looking for, I certainly see it between Thor and Third...
Old 2006-05-04, 08:17   Link #112
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
I am surprise to know that Saad/Third CV is Shun Oguri. He is also cv of Alphonse in FMA-movie and a popular dorama idol ( Gakusen, Densha Otoko, GTO, Nana- movie). Its very unusual to have two popular idols in the same anime as CV.

With regard to op/cl theme, there is no tentative date for future release. I am also keeping an eye on it.
Well, consider that this is the so-far amazingly successful Noitamina slot - the producers know that the females are watching and more may continue watching; so they always keep the female audience in mind while producing things. I remember while briefly browsing responses on 2ch and on blogs, quite a number seemed to be absolutely fawning over the last arc of Ayakashi because THE Sakurai was voicing the main character. (Admittedly, I fawn over it too, and Sakurai si teh win, but it's not the only reason.) So yeah, it is unusual to have 2 popular male idols in one tv anime show, but this slot was intended as unusual, for latenight anime that is...

It's frankly amazing that shows at this time could get ratings of 3.* and above; so if they put these dudes in they a. excite the existing watchers/female otaku, and b. attract the existing fanbase of these people. Really, look at the music production for the shows in this slot so far - many of them use songs by mainstream artists, not those who are simply known among otaku (examples being things like KOTOKO, eufonius...).

I'd think they're largely the type of artists you don't usually throw in for late-night shows (though I wouldn't say it with 100% certainty, of course). Yet they appear here, perhaps because they aim for it to be different from the usual latenight anime slot, and they can market it to a more "normal" audience.

Although I'm kind of pulling much of this out of my ass, and I don't know if some of those artists are actually so-called "forgotten" enough to be swept off to anime, it would make sense to me. Just a quick look at the Noitanima anime so far:

Honey and Clover - Suga Shikao and SPITZ. Also YUKI.
Paradise Kiss - FRANZ FERDINAND?! I don't know how popular Tommy February6 is though.
Ayakashi - Chitose Hajime. And the songwriter was Yumi Arai (now known as Yumi Matsutouya), who some of you may recognize as the singer of Rouge no Dengon (Kiki's Delivery Service hit theme). I don't really know about Rhymestar though...

And for the girls who know BONES, the studio name is another draw.

Urr, this is where I should attempt to say something about the show. I wouldn't say it was the best show of the year - I guess I want something a bit more exciting about it and perhaps the manga was more fresh and innovative back in '93, I dunno... I'll wait till ep 6 though, I'm waiting slowly. And Koichi Domoto please don't screw up.
Old 2006-05-04, 10:17   Link #113
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
My only disappointment here, and I wouldn't even call it 'disappointment', is the fact that they seem to be returning to the Ochre City, while I was looking forward to Tiz and Thor exploring Chimaera. As this episode showed, the jungle is quite interesting in terms of flora and fauna and it would have been great if we spent more future episodes in the new surroundings.
I felt the opposite, episode 3 was well done but i'm glad that they aren't walking all around there next time. The jungle they were in was a just a little! bit to colorful for me >.< It it didn't fit the characters as much as when they were in Ochre City. I kinda got used to seeing hungry/'homeless' people everwhere and the change to the place they went to made me feel like it wasn't so bad after all though that isn't the case ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
And how many volumes is the manga? And have someone released it in the US?
5 Volumes, and its ended -> Has more at the start of the thread. Its not being released at the moment, and I'd think the anime has more of a chance to get licensed, if one of them does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
I may be the only one that loved the OP
At first I wasn't sure... but I like it, I'm listening to it right now ^^

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-05-04 at 11:11.
Old 2006-05-04, 10:45   Link #114
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

So, far I'm quite pleased with the progression of the characters. I hope we are explained why and how Thor has such great skill with his weapon, but I'm sure more background will "drip" out. Can't deny, anime always fills in those gaps with backflashes, just a matter of patience for now.

I'm looking foward to more episodes for this story, and from what the manga readers state, it should be forthcoming and not just "teenage angst" YEAH!
Old 2006-05-04, 11:43   Link #115
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder

So, far I'm quite pleased with the progression of the characters. I hope we are explained why and how Thor has such great skill with his weapon, but I'm sure more background will "drip" out. Can't deny, anime always fills in those gaps with backflashes, just a matter of patience for now.
I love the OP too. It's my 2nd favorite OP of the year (with 1st being bones' other title, Ouran High School Host Club). Awesome animation, awesome and unique song. I also love it when they choose the main character to sing the OP theme.

As for Thor's skill with his weapon... I don't think his success is the result of skill. He hasn't really shown good combat skills... he just whips his knife out at the right time and lashes out at things. I think he's just a sucessful opportunist, which is believable since he's the son of a big-name politician. :P I see him as very clever when it comes to what to do or say at the right time.
Old 2006-05-04, 12:24   Link #116
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I guess I want something a bit more exciting about it and perhaps the manga was more fresh and innovative back in '93, I dunno...
Hmm, I would wait until the end to say that. (Provided they keep the ending of the original) Because I expected it to be rather traditional, and it certainly threw me for a big loop in a number of respects.
Old 2006-05-04, 12:27   Link #117
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
As for Thor's skill with his weapon... I don't think his success is the result of skill. He hasn't really shown good combat skills... he just whips his knife out at the right time and lashes out at things. I think he's just a sucessful opportunist, which is believable since he's the son of a big-name politician. :P I see him as very clever when it comes to what to do or say at the right time.
ah, that's right he has a reason for his gift of what to say, and I guess that must be some P.E. class....but I knowing how to do gymnastics and actually landing aon a deadly plant "head" is another thing.

In some ways when I see the twins together I get nostolgic....like Ed and Al were :sigh:
Old 2006-05-04, 13:06   Link #118
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Watched episode 1. I'll definetely keep up with this... Random thoughts:

1. I really, really, really, really like the OP... You can kill me.
2. Fantastic animation, especially at the end.
3. I loved the piece of music when the brothers were sent in the Chimera planet. Cellos owned.
4. The brothers remind me of Fantastic Children, which is a VERY good thing.
Old 2006-05-04, 14:18   Link #119
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Thsi show is intresting but the main reason I watch this show is because I am convinced that Rai will come back as Thor's enemy.Any anime-watchers who think like me?

Why is Tiz so important for the sunring?and is there some people who are born on this planet or they are all criminals.
Old 2006-05-04, 15:30   Link #120
Friera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Why is Tiz so important for the sunring?and is there some people who are born on this planet or they are all criminals.
Tiz is so important because she is a female. Under 20% of those who lives there are females so those who are females are really protected and important for the further generation.
Regadring the second question I belive all of them are criminals, except those whos been born there.(But their parents are criminals then. ) But they are there because they are criminals.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina