AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-29, 18:03   Link #61
Nibelheim

Bringing back Ryofu was the best move anyone could have made regrading Ikki Tosen. Now lets just hope that they stick to hand to hand combat and avoid the crappy dragon ball z final battle in dragons destiny.
Nibelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 19:22   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They must know how huge Ryofu's popularity is, so i see no mistakes in bringing her back from the dead so to speak.

Just look at her PVC releases. Sure she has nothing on Kanu though, though no one does.
Old 2008-04-29, 20:11   Link #63
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sure she has nothing on Kanu though, though no one does.
For likability:

Hakufu > Ryofu >>>>>>>> Ryubi = Chouhi >>>>>>>>> Kanu

For looks:

Hakufu = Ryofu >>> Kanu

And I wouldn't put Kanu too far ahead of some of the others for looks.

Kanu's hot and kind of cool, but she's overrated.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 20:22   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

You really like Hakufu? She's one of the worst things about the show. Her borderline ratarded attitude and I wanna fight! attitude sucks ass. She's like a bastard child of Aya from Tenjo Tenge then again for the last several volumes Aya hasn't come out as dumb as rocks anymore so she's become a bit likeable.

Kanu is plain awesome because she carries herself with dignity also she fights only when needed unlike a certain brain dead character. Seriously how can anyone like Hakufu unless your into brain dead and constant "I wanna fight!" type of characters.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 22:05   Link #65
Nibelheim

Hakufu's alright in the sense that shes a go getter and always happy but it does get a bit tiresome when shes bouncing around on screen for hours on end.

Kanu is badass but i liked her more in the first season when she was this mysterious fighter who everyone feared. She was still good in the second season but i feel that she lost some of her former image by acting as a caretaker. I hope she goes it alone in great guardians. Give her the freedom she needs.

Ryofu was always the sexist girl both in looks and that sure of herself attitude she has. Heres one fan looking forward to the return of Ryofu!
Old 2008-04-29, 22:27   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism 2805 View Post
Hakufu's alright in the sense that shes a go getter and always happy but it does get a bit tiresome when shes bouncing around on screen for hours on end.
This is why i'm very happy with how Dragon Destiny turned out, because the focus wasn't all on Hakufu --- giving a lot more screentime to the character we've always wanted to see more from.

Sure it's done the same in the manga, though i just believe that DD did it the way i always wanted to see.
Old 2008-04-29, 22:28   Link #67
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism 2805 View Post

Kanu is badass but i liked her more in the first season when she was this mysterious fighter who everyone feared. She was still good in the second season but i feel that she lost some of her former image by acting as a caretaker. I hope she goes it alone in great guardians. Give her the freedom she needs.

Ryofu was always the sexist girl both in looks and that sure of herself attitude she has. Heres one fan looking forward to the return of Ryofu!
I think it was good she was shown as a sort of caretaker in DD since it shows that she's not always just all business and dead serious about everything, but actually cares and can be compassionate and such. Simply put, it shows there's more to her than how she appears a lot of other times to other people. Like you said, to most others, she'd seem like not much more than a mysterious and very powerful fighter, but at the same time, she'd be feared for it and not many people would attempt to know her past her image as a Toushi.

While she certainly tried to be all serious business when it came to talking to Ryuubi, she always just gives in in the end.

I've always like Kanu, Ryomou, Kakouen (so little good screentime ), Kaku, and Ryofu ^^
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 23:47   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kanu > Ryofu > Ryomou > Hakufu as far as the main females go, kanu is #1 easily.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 00:10   Link #69
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Kanu is the queen of pvc model/ resin kit anyway.. She got new model coming out an average of 1 every week
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 01:53   Link #70
Bloodseeker

Meh, some people just don't see the appeal of happy, bubbly cuteness...

Hakufu and Ryofu are the only reasons to watch the first season.

And Ryomou is boring and is only really hot when she wears that Chinese dress.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 07:40   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Kanu is the queen of pvc model/ resin kit anyway.. She got new model coming out an average of 1 every week
& i'm one of the suckers who's trying to get a hold of each release. I'm doing good!
Old 2008-05-02, 12:40   Link #72
redbible

Ryomo is boring and weak.

1º Season.

Ryomo vs Hakufu, Hakufu win.

Ryomo vs Ryofu, Ryofu win.

Ryomo vs Kan-u, Kan-u win.

2º Season

Ryomo vs Teni and Chouen. Chouen win.

Ryomo vs Kakouen, Ryomo win.

In other words, Ryomo is "Seiya" with boobs. A looser.

Kanu > Ryofu > Chouen > Hakufu > the rest > > > > > > Ryomo.
redbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 14:19   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They must know how huge Ryofu's popularity is, so i see no mistakes in bringing her back from the dead so to speak.

Just look at her PVC releases. Sure she has nothing on Kanu though, though no one does.
Id like to see a popularity poll between Kanu and Ryofu because both characters are highly popular. I like them both but Ryofu just takes the cake for me. Season 1 she was so damn badass but Kanu had her moments to shine in season 2. But now in 3 we have them both together it should be quite interesting.
Old 2008-05-02, 14:40   Link #74
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, I hope there is some sort of fight between them like the trailer showed...my hopes aren't too high since I also hoped for her to fight Kakouen like the DD trailer showed too, but they never did
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 15:56   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Id like to see a popularity poll between Kanu and Ryofu because both characters are highly popular. I like them both but Ryofu just takes the cake for me. Season 1 she was so damn badass but Kanu had her moments to shine in season 2. But now in 3 we have them both together it should be quite interesting.
Without a popularity poll, it is hard to say who is number 01 in that regard. I do like to keep in mind about Kanu's PVC releases though.
Old 2008-05-02, 16:04   Link #76
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah going by the PVC releases it's Kanu first with daylight second.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 23:06   Link #77
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

3rd is Mouchan .

I've probably missed it.. but Ryoufu never had a pvc release yet.. Even Tenii got her own model released.

The last Kanu PVC was just lol..Usagi Kanu =3

Something from new Megami

Spoiler for NSFW:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 06:18   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I've probably missed it.. but Ryoufu never had a pvc release yet
Yeah you've missed it. She's had at least 3/4 PVC released to date.
Old 2008-05-03, 11:03   Link #79
Nibelheim

I own 2 Ryofu figures myself but no Kanu's
Old 2008-05-06, 10:48   Link #80
Undertaker

I love Kanu in the series, but at same time, everytime I look at her it reminds me of a certain plum-red faced, big dude with huge beard..... T_T

I definitely have huge conflict with this series, on one side, all the T&A is sucking me in, on the other side, as fan and student of Three Kingdoms period those character's historical potrayal keep poping up whenever I try to thuroughly enjoy this series.....

But I'm not gonna lie, I do own the entire set of the Manga series, [what's released so far] though it is the Chinese-liscensed copy.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi