Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 03:19   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
If this has post-time skip Luffy.... why is Marineford here? Is this another Marineford mode much like Unlimited Cruise~?
That's probably Luffy's first costume attire, and Marineford is just another stage in the game. I wouldn't look too much into it.
Old 2011-09-06, 12:43   Link #42
shankss
CP10

Meanwhile, someone at Bandai yells : "Hey guys, we are wasting a fortune and hell amount of time to create these cheesy useless cell shading hack&slash games covered with braindead side-stories that no one will ever remember, why arent we implanting the original storyline into a rpg with actual anime footage and serious gameplay instead? So that we may gather more people into show and profit for ourselves, opening the gates for next time-skip sequel? Guys...?"

Personal opinion, I aint getting my hopes up for this.This will be just the fighting sequences of One Piece Adventures WIIthout fishing and stuff.You'll beat thousands of marines till you get bored, then some random boss will appear out of nowhere without any proper reason at all.

Not even mentioning that Playstation is the number one dumping place for these kind of failed anime games.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 18:29   Link #43
Undertaker

Wow, why such hate?

PS family got it's share of shitty anime game but at same time it also had some great anime games, just like every other system. Personally I rather see the game on PS3 platform because 360 was ans still is a dead system in Japan and Asia and Wii was getting killed on software sell (worldwide) despite it's lead market share on hardware.

As for your idea of RPG, while it does sound cool, the problem is I have never seen an anime-based RPG that was ever good with exception of a DBZ RPG back way on FC that was card-based. But that game was just a re-use of Freeza Saga and was fairly short. Other than that only SRW series can be consider good, but that's not really RPG per se.

I also don't know what problem you have with cell shading, it's great format when done right. And I find it kind of funny that you have problem with side-stories in action/adventure type anime game, yet you want original storyline? Aren't they the same filler-craps? I mean really, when you are asking for original storyline what you are actually doing if say to them "I want some filler crap storyline served on silver RPG platter!!!"

The biggest reason for that is when you deviates from the canon story in anime games, you are facing with tons of problems. No new special moves, need large enough story to fill a typical RPG, no real endings, just to name a few. Seriously, can you actually think of any scenario that an OP RPG with original story will come out good? To use your own word, and OP RPG with original storyline would just be One Piece Adventure WITHOUT any action.

I rather have my hack-'n-slash game mix-in with some "what-if" missions that I know will be at least fun to play and entertaining.

And while you sounded pissed about the Unlimited games as well, guess what both game did quite well in Japan that warrants re-release and even re-make on 3DS. They are also rated pretty good comparatively in Japanese and Chinese gaming sites...

Lastly, Koei is usually pretty good with making cut scenes so there is your animation, which reminds me. If you are looking for original contents, why are you also asking for actual anime footage? If they use those, the game won't be original anymore would it...

You don't have to have be hyped for the games, but at least bring something more than system and genre bias if you are gong to kick it down the toilet...

EDIT: Can't believe I just type this much for this....

EDIT 2: IGN announced its coverage on TGS next week. Since Namco-Bandai is the larger of the two company and the license holder I assume the game will be announce during Namco-Bandai event wil Tecmo-Koei people join in. In that case IGN is slot NB event at 10PM, PST or noon at local time.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-09-07 at 15:54.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:21   Link #44
marvelB

So a bit of an update: Looks like this game will get two different TGS presentations, the second one even featuring Usopp and Franky's voice actors. Really makes me wonder if anything particularly special is planned for the game if Bandai Namco is going to show it off twice at the event.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:31   Link #45
Undertaker

Well, I actually don't find that too surprising consider the popularity of both franchises. Namco Bandai one is a press-only event that is only available to game media, my guess is both release will be similar though the first one will probably be a bit meatier technically by diving a bit into more gameplay and system. With the second one to more stuff to wow and hype up the crowd.

Though by having a general event, you have to wonder that perhaps the game is father in development than any of us might have thought. We might even have a release date in the second event. Since usually these announcement are kept press-only if the game are a ways off. (more than 6 month)
Old 2011-09-13, 22:43   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hoping there's pre-time-skip story elements in this game as well, because there's not enough manga material post-time-skip to make a game out of (Fishman Island isn't even done yet). Unless, they plan on creating a whole unique/original story, post-time-skip only isn't enough.

I'm pumped to find out more during the TGS this week.
Old 2011-09-15, 01:54   Link #47
DeathStrike
SLASH!

the trailer!! sooo good my head is spinning!!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2011/09/...musou-trailer/
Old 2011-09-15, 02:07   Link #48
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Sooo.... all the Strawhats appeared in their pre-timeskip appearances....

Must be different modes~
Old 2011-09-15, 10:19   Link #49
marvelB

^Yeah, I'm guessing that the game will primarily focus on the crew's pre-skip adventures, since there's not really enough material to focus on the post-skip stuff now (even the manga). Therefore, it's no surprise to me that the crew is seen in their "old" attire.

Anyways, that gameplay is looking mighty sweet! Just goes to show that OP is perfectly suited for musou-type games! I'd still like to see other playable characters aside from Luffy in action, though.....
Old 2011-09-15, 11:45   Link #50
Undertaker

This is another link for the video from Youtube uploaded by some Chinese. Slightly larger picture than Saiyanisland leak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cImujLgR3nY

I thought the action looks as I would have hoped, fast and chaotic. Agree that it'll probably concentrate on pre-skip, but there are some post-skip stuff in it. If you look closely on the scene where Pacifista is locking on Luffy, its lock on screen is showing Luffy's new 400 million bounty. Since Merry is shown at the very beginning of the trailer, my guess would be the game would at least cover Water7 to post-skip Shanbody....
Old 2011-09-15, 14:03   Link #51
marvelB

Really, the game can pretty much cover everything from East Blue to post-skip Sabaody. I mean, I can even think of a list of levels right away:

Quote:
-Alvida's ship
-Shells Town (the town from the Morgan arc)
-Orange Town (the village from the Buggy arc)
-Syrup Village (Usopp's hometown, setting of the Kuro arc)
-Baratie
-Arlong Park
-Whiskey Peak
-Little Garden (just replace the fodder marines/pirates with dinosaurs)
-Drum Island
-Alabasta
-Jaya (where you could fight against Bellamy and possibly Blackbeard's crews)
-Skypiea
-Long Ring Long Island (the Davy Back Fight could be altered to be a big brawl against Foxy's crew instead)
-Water 7/Enies Lobby (maybe with the Puffing Tom/Rocketman segment acting as an "intermission" stage)
-Thriller Bark
-Pre-skip Sabaody (starting with the Duval fight)
-Amazon Lily (fight against all Kuja amazons, not just Hancock's sisters)
-Impel Down
-Marineford (no-brainer here, we even saw Marineford scenes from the trailer)
-Post-skip Sabaody

Whether or not a level based on the current storyline will be featured is still questionable since, as was already pointed out, it's still currently running in the manga (unless some of the arc's characters/villains pop up as unlockable secret characters instead).....
Old 2011-09-16, 19:09   Link #52
Undertaker

That is a good list, but based on previous musou game where are usually 5-7 stages per character, it seems unlikely it'll be that long, unless the format is similar to DW7 (or SSM6) where you switch off your playable character depend on stage (which is what I prefer) but that that'll still be a pretty long story mode though.
Old 2011-09-16, 22:49   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

As far as story arcs go, only Marineford and post-time-skip Sabaody seem to be confirmed so far. What I'm interested in is how many playable characters will this game have.
Old 2011-09-18, 04:49   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
What I'm interested in is how many playable characters will this game have.
Gundam Musou 3 has around a total of 80 different mobile suits to pilot, with not really any copies apart from a small handful. The Dynasty Warriors series don't usually reach that high in terms of character count, though i'd at least expect over 50 characters for Kaizoku Musou.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:58   Link #55
Undertaker

I'm thinking more along of 20s since this is the first game of the series. Gundam didn't start off with 80 suits and good chunk were DLCs and second/third tier suits that have half the moves compare to Gundam suits...

Though this doesn't concern this game, I was hugely surprised and delighted to find out about a new Suikoden game and is incredibly impressed on the footage shown from Ni no Kuni RPG, a Ghibli and Level 5 cooperation that is confirmed for the States.

Ghibli is responsible for one on my childhood trauma, but has really redemed itself with Valley of Wind, Mononuke, Ponyo, etc in recent year and this game could finally make me a Ghibli diehard...
Old 2011-09-19, 07:04   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I'm thinking more along of 20s since this is the first game of the series. Gundam didn't start off with 80 suits
But it did start off with way more then just 20 characters. There's no way a title in the series would have such a low character selection.
Old 2011-09-19, 08:29   Link #57
Undertaker

True, but at same time, a lot of suits are really there just for the fun of it as the moveset were purposely design to be lacking and really, unless you count minor character like Spandam or Someone like say Whitey Bay, it's hard to argue OP has more than 40 playable character you can put in the game.

The way I see it, depends on what the game covers, it should be somewhere between 25-35. not ruling out it could be as little as 20 characters.
Old 2011-09-21, 10:45   Link #58
marvelB

So apparently, it's been confirmed that the game covers events from East Blue to Marineford, so the level list from my previous post may not be so inaccurate after all. At least, a post at AP pointed out that levels based on Baratie and Impel Down were shown, though no scans have appeared yet.....
Old 2011-09-21, 11:30   Link #59
Undertaker

ID should be a go, I mean you can't really have Marineford without ID. But your stage list sounds pretty good right now. And I start to leaning toward that the stage flow will be more similar DW7 format where there might only be one stage flow in story mode. You got different assigned character as story goes by instead each character have their own flow of stages.
Old 2011-09-22, 13:43   Link #60
marvelB

Okay, confirmation of ID and Baratie (lower left of the pic):

Spoiler:

Tags
ps3, video games