AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 01:45   Link #9241
Eratas123

@ Zero - Right side of the neck and slightly to the back. Kyuukai held him like that but when he thought Joshua died he ignored the threat and twisted around. The knife slashed him but it didn't stab through.
Old 2011-11-24, 01:50   Link #9242
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As you see here, I think the scar wouldn't be too dangerous, cant be too deep however (since it would be too close to the backbone and veins...), as the result, maybe a long but very smooth scar. Considering Irish's skin color, you cant spot it unless you pay a little attention to it.
Old 2011-11-24, 01:57   Link #9243
Eratas123

@ Zero - Thanks! No one can see the scar since it's really white and thin. Only Laura (Good eyesight) and Tatenashi (Sees it when they end up close during a mission). Kyuukai has a more noticeable one on his chest that he got from Irish in the early fight.

Another question: Is breaking your own arm when someone has you in an armlock possible? The arm is being held behind the back of the person.
Old 2011-11-24, 02:01   Link #9244
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Another question: Is breaking your own arm when someone has you in an armlock possible? The arm is being held behind the back of the person.
Yank it forcibly with full strength will automatically dislocate the shoulder or elbow joints causing the arm to go limp, possibly ripping some ligaments in process as well as small internal bleeding and bone fracture (Pffftt).

For it to broke, the wound would be horriffic enough that the broken bone is not a problem; ripped out artery and muscles is, and Irish will quickly DIE out of blood loss.

(Might do a little research later in case of inaccuracy)

EDIT: Just do a little research and seems like number 1 will happen, even if the joint not fully dislocate, Kyuukai would be surprised form the crack sound alone (very horrific).

Oh and the technique used by Kyuukai is Hammerlock, possibly the safest submission hold until now (especially for the captive), the reason it was ALWAYS used by law enforcement.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-24 at 02:13.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 02:22   Link #9245
demino_hellsin
That one guy

why not just rip the arm off then?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 02:24   Link #9246
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Umm, seems like you seriously misunderstand....please read it carefully
Old 2011-11-24, 02:29   Link #9247
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well, not clean off. fighting through a neck wound, a limp broken arm that's causing you to bleed to death and probably half-dying anyway.

Sounds exciting
Old 2011-11-24, 02:34   Link #9248
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The problem is how possibly they can survive, neither of them is superhuman, as such, Eratas asked me, a Medical student, what kind of condition that will ALLOW Irish to survive a broken arm and slash in the neck, the same goes with Kyuukai and his injury.

That's why I said its all misunderstanding, its not standard shonen battle were talking about, but realistic battle.
Old 2011-11-24, 02:40   Link #9249
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Now that's what I call dedication. lol
Old 2011-11-24, 03:08   Link #9250
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Miester

Care to fix any mistakes in my post? Please!
Old 2011-11-24, 03:30   Link #9251
Eratas123

@ Zero - I meant dislocate. All he needs is the arm to go limp so he can get out of the grip and fight back. No broken bones required.

Thankfully, medical advancements means that I can have a miracle gel and treatment to help him recover quickly enough.

The skull suit is designed to keep the user alive through severe injuries. Pilots run the risk of getting hit with a stray IS attack so they prepared appropriate counter measures in case it happened.

I'll need to scrap the skull suit by the end of the story. It's the one thing binding him to keep fighting so destroying it means his segments over and he can move on. The same applies to Kyuukai (Sonia) and Ichika (Byaku Shiki). Though in the case of those 2, it's possible they just keep it as a momento instead of it getting destroyed.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:37   Link #9252
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah then the first case, dislocated shoulder, few ligament ripped and small internal bleeding.

Everything will fine and dandy.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:40   Link #9253
Eratas123

@ Zero - After that comes the interrogation with Mactavish. Honestly, Irish's segments Really suck for him.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:50   Link #9254
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dont you mean medical treatment first THEN interrogation?

I don't think Kyuukai will let a kid with limp arms interrogated unless he want to left Irish crippled (internal bleeding can cause necrosis, that is, IRREPARABLE damage).

But then there's a plot hole how would they didn't know Irish is screwed from the beginning...
Old 2011-11-24, 03:58   Link #9255
Eratas123

@ Zero - Of course, medical treatment first. Irish mentions in the epilogue draft that the scar reopened when Mactavish tried to slice his neck and he can move his arms fine so he was cured before being placed in the cell.

But what do you mean "Didn't know he was screwed from the beggining"?
Old 2011-11-24, 04:07   Link #9256
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
But what do you mean "Didn't know he was screwed from the beggining"?
I mean that irish body is full of damage because while Skull suit increased his healing rate (thanks to built in life support that manipulate his body function), the result is incomplete.

So there are some permanent damage left for each wound healed by Skull Suit, and since Irish already used it for years, the damage must be piling up, leaving him in constant pain.

Then again it cold be justified by him undergo hardship as child terrorist, maybe someone will ask him after Mactavish asholissness, and Irish refused to reply.

I'm going home now, if I'm lucky, Ill log-in again in 1 hour, if not, then 8 or 9 at night (Philippine time)
Old 2011-11-24, 04:19   Link #9257
Eratas123

@ Zero - The skull suit actually heals the wounds almost perfectly. It does this by speeding up the healing rate of the user so the wounds heal faster. Unfortunately, the body isn't meant to heal that fast so his "healing" puts a lot of strain on him.

He's only in pain when he uses the suit since it removes the limiters on his body. Outside of it he's fine but he has to deal from the drug withdrawal. The skull suit tries to filter out the negative effects of the painkillers when he puts it on, if he doesn't have the suit on, the withdrawal takes effect and he exhibits symptoms like cold sweats, vomiting etc etc.

Besides, injuries aren't really rare for child soldiers, Kyuukai also has a lot of scars. In fact, they find his lack of scars unnusual since he should be covered with them by now (The skull suit doesn't really cover his upper neck so his scar there remains). Everywhere else is uninjured due to the healing factor.

The skull suit leaves no visible evidence of it's strain on the body. A deep medical scan won't do anything and it's only after he admits it to Tatenashi that they actually figure out anything's wrong with him at all. The drug abuse was found but they didn't deem it that important. They just figured it was used by him whenever he was injured.
Old 2011-11-24, 04:23   Link #9258
demino_hellsin
That one guy

are those heavy or light scars?
Old 2011-11-24, 04:27   Link #9259
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I just had the weirdest idea.....

Spoiler for Weird:
Old 2011-11-24, 04:31   Link #9260
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Most of them are light since his type of fighting relies on not getting hit. The others are burns since IS use energy weapons most of the time. It doesn't really matter since the skull suit heals all scars, regardless of their size, given a good amount of time. The pain from this is extremely straining to the user though and regular treatment is better. The only difference is the fact that the skull suit removes the scar while most regular treatment doesn't and leaves marks. Still less painful if you go with the regular treatment.

Side note - Earlier you were asking about realism in the fic. Aren't you also planning on putting realism in your fic too?

@ Treme - Simon would kick everyones ass! No exceptions! I also planned a Saw crossover once, only it would be a parody since Jigsaw didn't expect his victim to have an insta-mecha, an all powerful shield, and a Yandere streak.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest