Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 03:54   Link #341
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
The closest thing to Nirai Nikki is probably Deadman wonderland the romance is there but you have to wait for it. everything else is pretty much the same except the setting.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3986/Deadman_Wonderland

the spoiler you put up for death note happens but is not the real ending.with Karin you have to be patient for 5 episodes after that it gets interesting.
I second Deadman Wonderland. Looks like Future Diary but with less romance and more action. There's also an 12-episode anime adaptation that was released last year.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 04:41   Link #342
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

FLCL sounds so crazy, i'm going to read it (Ye, that's how it works: "DO NOT PUSH THE BIG RED BUTTON!" "orly?" /push)

Deadman Wonderland on the list aswell, i'm going to get mindfucked by those.

Getting back to Karin: I don't really like much the animation (Karin is.... rhomboidal, and that guy's eyes are... weird). However, i just watched 3 episodes so far, so i'm going to endure it to the 5th episode and see if it's worth continuing.

EDIT
Wait, is FLCL mainly a manga or an anime? I want to enjoy the full story, not only one piece, so let me know if it's the manga or the anime that covers the full story. Same goes for DW.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 04:50   Link #343
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
FLCL sounds so crazy, i'm going to read it (Ye, that's how it works: "DO NOT PUSH THE BIG RED BUTTON!" "orly?" /push)

Deadman Wonderland on the list aswell, i'm going to get mindfucked by those.

Getting back to Karin: I don't really like much the animation (Karin is.... rhomboidal, and that guy's eyes are... weird). However, i just watched 3 episodes so far, so i'm going to endure it to the 5th episode and see if it's worth continuing.

EDIT
Wait, is FLCL mainly a manga or an anime? I want to enjoy the full story, not only one piece, so let me know if it's the manga or the anime that covers the full story. Same goes for DW.
FLCL is primarily an anime consisted of 4 episodes. A manga adaptation has 2 volumes and although it follows the anime's storyline, it has some changes in it. Deadman Wonderland is primarily a manga that is ongoing and is consisted of 13 volumes. It is currently serialized in Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shonen Ace. The anime adaptation has 12 episodes and it covers the first 25 chapters of the manga with some little changes.

EDIT : After you finish watching Karin and Special A, you should watch The Sacred Blacksmith (which I'll give you some hints and content about the anime, here my post) and High School DxD (if only after it finishes airing).
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-03-17 at 07:06.
Old 2012-03-17, 09:58   Link #344
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know, seeing that you recommend him Highschool DxD makes me doubt you even read the OP's post.

to OP: have you even considered watching or reading some of the classics like Video Girl Ai, I"s or Orange Road? Too bad you dropped Clannad, it gets interesting in the After Story part.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:02   Link #345
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You know, seeing that you recommend him Highschool DxD makes me doubt you even read the OP's post.
I already read then learn the OP. This anime respects almost every requirements in terms of OP
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-17, 10:26   Link #346
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I already read then learn the OP. This anime respects almost every requirements in terms of OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info
Ye, that's already on the list, and is actually the title that got the most chance of getting in my top10.
He was referring to my previous post about Highschool DxD: i had already planned on watching it long ago, but i'm waiting for it to finish airing.

Anyways, finished episode 14 of Karin, and slowly nearing the end. It's not as deep as romance, and got a feature that i remembered i didn't like (The nosebleed, shared by Mayoi chiki), but at least it's a relaxing title, so it'll do the job for the moment.

Expecting much brain-grinding from FLCL tonight.

EDIT
@Sheeba: while i'm watching Karin, could you write a little description of those titles you suggested? Just to get the idea of what they are about, if they are fantasy oriented or contain psycho/mystery or if they are 100% romances. Thank you.

Btw, as far Clannad goes, what disturbed me the most was the main heroine: the protagonist was totally ok for my tastes, but the main heroine just looked... retarded to me. That's the main reason i dropped it. Add to this that the anime was slow and it consumed 4 episodes to cover that little ghost girl route. I watched up to the 6-7th episode, now i do not remember exactly, and i remember there were many other girls in it (the gray haired girl was a tsundere, if i'm not mistaken), but just thinking that the protagonist would have ended with that annoying girl(it's obvious she's the main heroine), made me lose my hopes.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:42   Link #347
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I really mean no harm/offense to you Sackett, but I think Classified Info is looking for romance first then mindfuck later. In that regard, Evangelion manga really suit it coz the romance in it is actually more prevalent than the TV anime. I also put into consideration that Classified Info generally don’t like anime from the early 90s (Evangelion TV series is + from 1993). In addition, his original request was a romance-mindfuck manga, not anime. Once again, this is not a personal attack to you or your suggestion, Sackett. Your suggestion are still good. Classified Info can still choose your suggestion over mine anytime he wants .
Then let me elaborate on why I think Classified Info should start with the anime instead of the manga:

First of all, Classified Info's original request was first for anime, not manga. He then asked if there was manga because he wanted a story that was complete rather then unfinished like the Mirai Nikki anime. The NGE manga is unfinished as of yet. The TV series + End of Evangelion is a complete story. If he wants a complete story then the original anime series is the only choice.

Additionally there is not any more significant romance in the manga then in the anime. Perhaps you are referring to the better development of Rei as a character, which is indeed superior over the anime. Firstly, I do not see this as romance (probably because I'm not a Rei-Shinji fan, I like Rei, but not as a romantic interest), secondly Classified Info was more interested in Asuka who is better developed in the original series. Or perhaps you are referring to the greater time spent in the manga on the Hikari-Toji romance, but that is a tertiary story at best, even in the manga.

The main romantic storylines of Asuka-Shinji and Masato-Kaji are developed best in the anime original series.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 11:37   Link #348
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Lets get back on topic here folks. I already told classified to create a thread for manga only so this thread wouldn’t go off topic. Anyway here’s another list of anime

Chrno crusade
http://myanimelist.net/anime/60/Chrno_Crusade
Romeo x Juliet
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1699/Romeo_x_Juliet
Aquarion Evol
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10447/Aquarion_Evol
Itazura na Kiss
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3731/Itazura_na_Kiss
Higashi no Eden
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5630/Higashi_no_Eden
Koi Kaze
http://myanimelist.net/anime/634/Koi_Kaze
Futakoi Alternative
http://myanimelist.net/anime/126/Futakoi_Alternative
Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2602/Ke...uieibu_Umishou

There are not many romance titles left that could interest the ts. the good thing is that this year is a year filled with new romance anime and sequals like sora no otoshimono,Kore wa Zombie Desuka etc.

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-03-17 at 12:13.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:21   Link #349
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I'm appealed by Kenkou Zenrakei, and currently getting it, but some of the other titles you listed are aimed to girls/women, and i can't really stand them.

Once again, it looks like i can't get over the "felame protagonist" issue, so avoid any suggestion having a girl as a protagonist. Karin is part of these titles, but is a light title, and easily bearable, and i've already nearly finished it, so no point in dropping it at ep20.

Also, if Romeo x Juliet is just an adaption of the famous romance, where the two lovers die in the end, then i'll most likely find it deadly boring.
Old 2012-03-17, 12:36   Link #350
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Also, if Romeo x Juliet is just an adaption of the famous romance, where the two lovers die in the end, then i'll most likely find it deadly boring.
They added some fantasy-action element in Romeo x Juliet, but yeah, they still die at the end (I don’t think it’s a spoiler since that was the highlight of Romeo & Juliet story. It’s the journey that counts). But even though it ends like that, somehow it feels like a happy ending. You can check that anime out if you’re still interested.

Also, good luck with Karin. I also need your insight since I only read the manga and never watch the anime myself.
Old 2012-03-17, 15:56   Link #351
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Karin, but i felt the end was kinda rushed; also:
Spoiler for plot / ending:

Now starting FLCL: let's see if it's really that crazy

EDIT
Watched the first episode, but it's just too random. By "crazy" i didn't mean this kind of random nonsense show, but rather a story with lots of twists and weird things, but still a story with a plot. What should i actually deduce from the first episode of FLCL? This guy getting teased by a girl(that likes his brother), and gettin run over by some crazy pinkhaired girl swinging an electric (chainsaw?) guitar? Growing an horn? This show is surely messed, no doubt about it, but as long as it doesn't make any sense, i'm not going to enjoy it.

In order to really fuck somoene's mind, you should first give the feeling of reality, and then twist and destroy that feeling and turn it into something where you start doubting the concept of normal/strange, good/evil etc... that's at least how i see it., or actually, that's how my mind can be played with. If you feed me from the beginning this kind of crazy story, i'm not going to fall for it. If you trick me into believing everything is normal, and then twist it, then it's gonna be a success.

Now starting lovely complex.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-17 at 16:27.
Old 2012-03-17, 16:33   Link #352
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I await your comments on episode 1

Let's see if you can resist a variation on "WTH did I just watch?"

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 16:55   Link #353
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had already edited my previous post about FLCL

Anyways, finished watching the first episode of Lovely Complex, but i definitely don't like the female lead: they made her... she just doesn't fit my tastes at all. The boy got all my sympathy, he even looks cool, but i don't think i can stand that girl's looks much. Also, the plot is pretty obvious, and it was obvious from the first episode. Also, the anime starts with them "hating" each other, and after 6 minutes they already get along like a couple. Momentanely dropping it.

Now starting Gift - Eternal rainbow

EDIT
AAAAAAA crap, i can't get myself to enjoy these titles : watched the first 2 episode, but i'm already finding it boring and not original, and i also noticed that i hate that kind of huge eyes; to be honest, most of the titles i watched had characters with inhuman huge eyes, just like every anime i guess, but this one kinda bothered me for some reason. Am i just being silly, or this anime actually has bad sized eyes?

Anyways, Mirai Nikki left a scar: it was too much interesting and captivating compared to these titles, so everything just looks boring at the moment. The only thing that could fit is Death Note, but i do not have the time to fully watch it (Gettin back to university on monday, and tomorrow i'll be out for half day), so i'll save it for the next week. I'll try out Vampire Knight.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-17 at 17:43.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:47   Link #354
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

hey classified have you tried deadman wonderland? the manga not the anime because the anime was poorly done.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:51   Link #355
Elegance

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - might as well give it a shot, but its extremely cliche and sometimes made me rage a bit :]

Last edited by Elegance; 2012-03-17 at 22:08.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 22:39   Link #356
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I'm not exactly a machine, so bear with the times xD

I finished watching the first season of Vampire Knight, and i really liked it. Currently getting the 2nd season, because i just want to know how it ends. My thoughts about the s1:
Spoiler for plot:

Found the plot nothing really original than other stories i had already read, but it was nonetheless entertaining and interesting, and the artwork totally fit my tastes. It managed to keep me awake up to 4 am, so it surely wasn't boring.

Tomorrow i'll watch s2, but i don't think i'll be able to finish one more title after it. I'll try Deadman Wonderland manga next week; my list is full at the moment, but keep suggesting, since i always update it.

Oh, and i had already checked Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!, but it's censored as hell, and it pisses me off a lot. I'll wait for the uncensored version.
Old 2012-03-17, 23:09   Link #357
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

there is not much out there that's left that will fit your taste since most the romance titles left have a girl as a protagonist,mecha element,homosexuality,sports,music,more than 25 episodes etc.luckily ano natsu de matteru is almost finished which I think is the best romance anime this year so far and highschool dxd best ecchi anime so far.
Old 2012-03-18, 00:00   Link #358
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Finished watching Karin, but i felt the end was kinda rushed.

*snip*

I don't know if the manga differs too much from the anime, but i guess it's alike.
Ah, if I go by your anime description, then Karin manga is very much different from the anime. The story is much more serious (especially in later chapters) even though there’s still some humor in it. Also, there’s no vampire hunter in the manga, so Winner character does not exist at all. That gives Usui and his family and the vampire family enough room for a lot of character development. Also, the end was really bitter-sweet, not a cop-out happy ending like the anime. I can’t spoil it here just in case you wanna check it out. I totally recommend the manga.

Thanx for your anime insight. Now I know that the manga is superior to me, just like Maken-Ki.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:38   Link #359
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Lol, how's that there is no vampire hunter in Karin?
Spoiler for everything:

Now starting the second season of Vampire Knight. It actually has the girl as protagonist, that's true, but there is often a third person view, so i'm fine with it.
Old 2012-03-18, 13:51   Link #360
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Lol, how's that there is no vampire hunter in Karin?
If you’re still curious, here’s my answer for the differences between Karin manga & anime.

Quote:
Spoiler for everything: