AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-10, 01:19   Link #81
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I thought Shanks was there because of Makino?
Old 2013-02-11, 09:58   Link #82
DemonOfWrath

Couldn't Shanks have just been there because simply because he liked the place? I mean, he's a pirate, it isn't like he really needs to justify going somewhere (as long as the crew agree!).
Old 2013-02-11, 13:45   Link #83
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

dang interesting discussion, it brings alot to light and of attention of things i had overlooked...like why was shanks in east blue on that specific island, maybe Gol didnt have a df(which would make him an insane beast like no other, notice when they speak of whitebeards power they always say "he was the only to fight/equal? gol rogers" not, its always in comparison to Rogers), But if Rogers did have a df it would have sprouted next to him upon his death right?(or is that only for artificial ones) so id guess the marines would have it? if not my guess is Dragon somehow acquired it and his wind or weather powers were Rogers which is part of the reason he is now labeled the most dangerous man in the world....i speculated maybe the darkness fruit was his(thats y bb wanted it so bad) but someone would have def mentioned it by now(same with the Gomu Gomu no mi)/and speaking of the VOID CENTURY(lol) im thinkin Oda might go down a highly advanced tech civilization during that timesince he said he really wanted to make a manga based on a futuristic city and stuff. and i think thats all i got
Old 2013-02-11, 17:14   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not sure about "high tech", but the lost kingdom/empire/don't remember is most definitely more advanced than anything that currently exists.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:23   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the more i think about it

who said this advance country/city doesn't exist anymore?

what if the this city/country/lifeform is actually secretly controlling the World Nobles. Similar to Solaris of Xenogears.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:05   Link #86
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If that were true then the hidden weapons wouldn't be hidden now would they?
Old 2013-02-11, 18:24   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If that were true then the hidden weapons wouldn't be hidden now would they?
depends on who hid them.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:49   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, at the very least they would've been aware that the mermaid princess was Poseidon.
Old 2013-02-12, 18:22   Link #89
marvelB

Well, things are a bit slow this week since OP is on break, so I figured I'd use this opportunity to re-post a theory I made in the previous chapter thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, this reminded me: A while back I made a theory about one of Kaidou's men, the big cyborg guy that Drake encountered prior to the skip, being one of those yeti brothers from this arc since both characters share the same name (Scotch). Funny thing is, the theory may actually be more plausible now that we know that Dofla is doing business with that particular emperor (like maybe Kaidou could have lent him some additional muscle in exchange for his services). In fact, Scotch's radically different post-skip appearance could be the result of him being a Smile user. Holy crap, if this theory proves true then I'm REALLY hoping that Kaidou actually has more cyborg zoans in his beast army..... because that would be all kinds of badass.

And I still stand by what I said about a cyborg zoan army being badass, too.
Old 2013-02-13, 02:37   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ninja pirate zombie robot?
Old 2013-02-18, 17:59   Link #91
marvelB

^You know, you just reminded me of a wild theory I made back around the time of the Marineford arc that involved Vegapunk using Moria's DF power to make zombie pacifistas. Of course I long gave up on that one, though.

Anyway, the break is over this week, so expect a new chapter thread within the next couple days!
Old 2013-02-19, 19:36   Link #92
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
It is hard to know, there are a few clues. Shanks conversation with Whitebeard refers to battles they fought while Shanks was a part of Roger's crew. Blackbeard was part of Whitebeards crew for "decades". It isn't clear whether he got the scar while a crew member, since his left eye is covered in two flashback instances of him being present at Roger's death, but its likely. Shanks alluded that Blackbeard was much stronger than he was leading on while they battled. He didn't have to be a Yonkou for Mihawk to believe he was a great pirate, they are 4 yrs apart in age and likely knew of each other as the "supernovas" of their time.

Why he was using Luggy's hometown as a base, besides playing role model, is a mystery. My guess is training to become a yonkou.

Could all be a plot hole since some major details are in chapter 1of698...
I'm pretty sure he was already a yonkou. Whitebeard mentioned that everybody was surprised a man of Shank's caliber lost an arm in East Blue during their confrontation about Ace going after Blackbeard.
Old 2013-02-20, 01:34   Link #93
marvelB

Alrighty, time to party like it's chapter 699!
Old 2013-02-20, 05:24   Link #94
Spammowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I'm pretty sure he was already a yonkou. Whitebeard mentioned that everybody was surprised a man of Shank's caliber lost an arm in East Blue during their confrontation about Ace going after Blackbeard.
yeah, but do you think a yonkou could so freely leave his territory to have a vacation in east blue, without losing it to the other emperors? they clearly said the four emperors have a delicate balance, so I think one leaving for a while would very much upset everything.
my guess is (if it's even relevant to the story) that shanks was already somewhat famous, but he still wasn't a yonkou. maybe he was one of his generation's supernova? is it known how old is he?
Old 2013-02-20, 09:30   Link #95
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I doubt Shanks was a Yonkou when he lost his arm. If he was an emperor, his reputation would precede him, and that would most certainly intimidate that bandit who was messing with him. Weaklings don't start shit with emperors; it's that simple.