AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 15:48   Link #221
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not entirely accurate either.

Spoiler:
I was adding to the post I was quoting, which already mentioned the cost issue.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:24   Link #222
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Surprised to see some recent new mecha anime female leads up in there.

Shame that Mikoto is lower than even Saten.
you make it sound like saten anit loved(joking i know what you mean) but i have to admit mikoto could have done better seeing as how this poll has many voters in there but none of the less it really isn't one of those big polls though so its not much to be worked up about.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:38   Link #223
Destined_Fate

Nah.

I'm just Misaka Mikoto-bias.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:55   Link #224
Marina2

ITEM Character design!!!!!!!! However....can soneone find an image with no censors on VA names...?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Same image with VA names but too small to see them

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

P.S. I hope Saiai and Rikou will look cuter when animated.
Old 2013-04-26, 17:46   Link #225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We already know who's gonna voice Mugino at least.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 20:35   Link #226
Shinhwa
Banned

There are way too many popular female seiyuus being used for this series XD
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 20:43   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not really- JC Staff always has a certain list of seiyuus that they fall back onto for their shows.

Kugimiya Rei
Horie Yui
Mamiko Noto
Itou Shizuka
Kawasumi Ayako
Koshimizu Ami

Their main protagonists are usually newcomers, while the veteran seiyuus be supporting cast.

And the supporting cast in Raildex is HUGE.
Old 2013-04-26, 20:52   Link #228
Shinhwa
Banned

Any certain reason why they make veteran seiyuus be supporting cast and let newcomers take the leading roles? I guess it is to give them more experience or something I guess?
Old 2013-04-26, 20:57   Link #229
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Not really- JC Staff always has a certain list of seiyuus that they fall back onto for their shows.

Kugimiya Rei
Horie Yui
Mamiko Noto
Itou Shizuka
Kawasumi Ayako
Koshimizu Ami

Their main protagonists are usually newcomers, while the veteran seiyuus be supporting cast.

And the supporting cast in Raildex is HUGE.
I don't have an exact measure of this at the moment, but a good theory regarding cast members returning could be related to producers rather than studio. Some producers may have connections with certain seiyuu and have them in mind when pitching the series to potential staff members. It's all about connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Any certain reason why they make veteran seiyuus be supporting cast and let newcomers take the leading roles? I guess it is to give them more experience or something I guess?
As for this, one good reason to use newcomers for main characters is the lack of typecasting a new voice has. Look at all the attention a character voiced by HanaKana gets just because she's voicing that specific character. People already tend to typeset that character before an episode airs. Using a new person means you're able to appreciate the character for the character themselves.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 21:21   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I don't have an exact measure of this at the moment, but a good theory regarding cast members returning could be related to producers rather than studio. Some producers may have connections with certain seiyuu and have them in mind when pitching the series to potential staff members. It's all about connections.
Maybe, but it seems more 'prominent' when they're in a JC Staff show... I mean like- people immediately would link them to other JC Staff show... Do you get what I mean ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
As for this, one good reason to use newcomers for main characters is the lack of typecasting a new voice has. Look at all the attention a character voiced by HanaKana gets just because she's voicing that specific character. People already tend to typeset that character before an episode airs. Using a new person means you're able to appreciate the character for the character themselves.
Some of them get more than experience- Starring in shows like these is how they got their big break.
Old 2013-04-26, 21:33   Link #231
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Some of them get more than experience- Starring in shows like these is how they got their big break.
Then they become like Nobuhiko Okamoto/Accelerator who goes bragging about the awards he won to his senpais

Only to be beaten up by them for bragging so much 8D
Old 2013-04-27, 03:19   Link #232
Marina2

Ep.3

It seems they really intend to do 1 anime ep. = 1 manga chapter.

and .......What? 1 manga chapter doesn't have enough content to make it to 1 anime ep.?

*Added original Harue/Uiharu/Saten/Kuroko scene to fill the gap*

Don't get me wrong, I love the pace and detail so far. Ep.2-3 are very good. However, it might bore anime fan who come to this show, expecting action scene.
Old 2013-04-27, 03:22   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
However, it might bore anime fan who come to this show, expecting action scene.
Don't worry about it; the Anime fans are here for the moe girls and "character development".
Old 2013-04-27, 06:18   Link #234
tsunade666

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the pace and detail so far. Ep.2-3 are very good. However, it might bore anime fan who come to this show, expecting action scene.
This is railgun anime. They came and get what they expected.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:59   Link #235
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Ep.3

It seems they really intend to do 1 anime ep. = 1 manga chapter.

and .......What? 1 manga chapter doesn't have enough content to make it to 1 anime ep.?

*Added original Harue/Uiharu/Saten/Kuroko scene to fill the gap*

Don't worry, most of those fans are no longer here.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 07:45   Link #236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, does anyone remember that the Sisters arc in Index also had contrasting 'cute' scenes with Index, Himegami and Komoe while all that grim stuff is happening?
Old 2013-04-27, 22:33   Link #237
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
You know, does anyone remember that the Sisters arc in Index also had contrasting 'cute' scenes with Index, Himegami and Komoe while all that grim stuff is happening?
Heh, this was exactly what I was thinking while I was reading the above posts...

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 23:20   Link #238
tsunade666

In Index with Touma's pov its not that grim -_- sure Touma had seen a sister dead but he also seen that seen just a few days before in a certain cram school just to rescue a miko and he also saw lots of student explode there into energy. He also got his hand cut off.

From Touma's pov. Butchering is pretty normal that its been a normal view from the viewers pov.

Now Mikoto's pov is different from Touma's pov. So a little grim dark happening on her is different. Specially with flying limbs in front of her.

And having moe scenes in between just doesn't seem right for her.

While for Touma. He just ignore it like its a normal thing after the event.

So having Index, Himegami and Komoe drinking milk in between isn't really farfetched from what Touma usually view things.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:32   Link #239
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Its not about what Kamijou is experiencing, but rather what the audience is experiencing.
Old 2013-04-28, 04:03   Link #240
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Its not about what Kamijou is experiencing, but rather what the audience is experiencing.
But then... the audience is experiencing what Touma is experiencing most of the time in Index. Since it's mostly his perspective.

If they have moe scenes in between scenes of flying limbs during the Sister's Arc, it'll only make Mikoto's pov that much darker. And from the amount of tension they built in ep 3 and just looking at the hints provided in OP and the ending, I think they're clueing on the fact that this Railgun season will be much darker. They've been going at a slow, detailed pace as well so far... (which I prefer, really)

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote