AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 23:23   Link #221
gotenksuchiha
bringer of doom

that sux, i ordered one of them, the postal person left it outside (i was at work) in the cold, i bring it in, drop it, and the sword brok and so did the arm (even though it was still in its box while it was outside) so i called it clare: battle damage edition
Old 2009-02-15, 23:31   Link #222
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
How is Clare ever going to beat Priscilla if she breaks so easily?
Old 2009-04-14, 14:29   Link #223
NakedAngelX

Thought i just had to post this new resin knight version of Clare.
Produced by E2046, pre-painted for only 99USD. I'm buying 2 just to sell
the other one later at much higher price xD

Old 2009-04-14, 22:17   Link #224
gotenksuchiha
bringer of doom

nice, where could i possibly find one?
Old 2009-04-16, 12:57   Link #225
Squawks
PSI you from behind

She looks so ugly there. And they have the nerve to ask such a price.
Old 2009-04-16, 15:29   Link #226
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
She looks so ugly there. And they have the nerve to ask such a price.
Well, for the price, no doubt it's something of a rip-off. I seriously doubt it costs even $50 to produce, but I must disagree about the "ugly" thought. I think the black goes very well with the metallic silver. If Yagi had colored Claymores like that for the series from the start, I would've liked it even more. It gives Clare a very nice vibe and look in my eyes. She looks more like a sleek assassin or soldier than a more dour, gray-colored warrior.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-04-16, 18:45   Link #227
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I think it should be silver eyes in the background and not red and green :P

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-16, 19:23   Link #228
Cyclone
Transient Guest

The problem I have with it is that it seems to be the exact same color as the original figurine in the exact same pose, with just a fancy paint job. If they want $100, then they should have made a new figurine (preferably of Teresa or Galatea-sama), not re-painted an existing one.
Old 2009-04-16, 23:07   Link #229
NakedAngelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
The problem I have with it is that it seems to be the exact same color as the original figurine in the exact same pose, with just a fancy paint job. If they want $100, then they should have made a new figurine (preferably of Teresa or Galatea-sama), not re-painted an existing one.
The Original version's a pvc, and it's color contrast sucked for me and many others. This is a resin kit with excellent painting and a much better color. Fans voted for this and E2046 made it come true, Teresa or Galatea would be the worst move business wise just to satisfy a few that want them.

you get this from E2046, their prepainted resin are probably the best in the world for the cheap price.
Old 2009-04-17, 00:19   Link #230
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
The Original version's a pvc, and it's color contrast sucked for me and many others. This is a resin kit with excellent painting and a much better color. Fans voted for this and E2046 made it come true, Teresa or Galatea would be the worst move business wise just to satisfy a few that want them.

you get this from E2046, their prepainted resin are probably the best in the world for the cheap price.
"a few that want them"?
uhm...
Welcome to planet Earth. You must be tired from your long journey...
Old 2009-04-17, 12:23   Link #231
Squawks
PSI you from behind

A few, haha, you must be new to Claymore.
Old 2009-04-17, 12:52   Link #232
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:

Like the blood from above.
Old 2009-04-17, 23:42   Link #233
NakedAngelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
A few, haha, you must be new to Claymore.
What fraction of people who watches anime buys resin figures? less than 20%.
And what was the result of people who like Claire in the anime would even buy the Claire figure? Less than 30%.

Yes there are lots that like Galatea and Teresa. The amount of people who are willing to pay for a 100USD+ figure for them are ignorable.

And FYI, i probably started Claymore earlier than both of you .

@ Ryuken, i don't think that's included in the resin haha. The 100 promos are nearly sold out now, price will be back to 160USD original soon~.
Old 2009-04-17, 23:50   Link #234
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Both Galatea and Teresa are more popular then the main character Clare is, which is why they are assuming you are new to Claymore.

There would be more people willing to buy Galatea/Teresa figures then Clare figures, that might even apply for Miria as well, as she is almost as popular as Clare.
Old 2009-04-17, 23:52   Link #235
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Only Teresa is more popular than Clare.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-18, 00:14   Link #236
NakedAngelX

O did something happen in the latter chapters to make these 2 so popular?
I've only read up to the point where they figured out that the land is just a test place for building soldiers. And at that point I really liked Miria and Claire only~~.
I mean Teresa's dead already and Galatea's blind, get over it =P
I'm waiting for half a year before i read it again so can skip the hideous wait time.

As for figure on Teresa and Galatea, i don't think that's possible until a year after 2nd season of the anime finishes. In the trading figure they released, only Teresa was included. If you were to ask me, I'd say there's a higher chance for Miria to be produced in a bigger size first~
Old 2009-04-18, 00:52   Link #237
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I think your figures for people who buy figurines is a bit high across the board. I doubt the number is even 3% - still, that's 3% of a very large number.

In any case though, I will say this:
The Clare 47 pvc is the only figurine I have ever bought (and I think it's perfect). Since then I have considered purchasing others, including the other Clare one, but decided against all of them - I don't want my place to be overrun by models of anime characters. I guess I'd feel too much like the the guys from Otaku no Video, or the fat animator from Animation Runner Kuromi...
If, however, a similarly high quality figure of Teresa or Galatea-sama ever appeared, I'd buy it in an instant. They're both worth the little remaining dignity me and my humble abode have.

As for starting Claymore before me... I read my first chapters of it about about 4 or 5 years ago now. Then ran out of chapters (the scanlators only did a few chapters), and stopped for years before picking it up again around the time of the anime. I fail to see how that relates to anything though.

@AmoreDoll:
You know very well that Clare and Galatea-sama go back and forth in the favorite character poll.
Old 2009-05-02, 18:01   Link #238
dslayer

I've been waiting for a Teresa figure since I watched the first episode of the anime. Read the manga after, loved the short story with her in. I'm a Teresa addict.

Got a Teresa wall scroll and the trading fig of her in normal colour and silver.

I WANT HER FIGURE!!...........

As for the re-colour of Claire, I do buy everything I can of claymore. But, and don't get me wrong it does look good, I wouldn't buy the same figure re-coloured for 4 times the money I paid for the original.

Though thanks for posting it want to at least know everything that comes out for it.
Old 2009-05-03, 02:23   Link #239
Cyclone
Transient Guest

The worst part is knowing that Teresa figures actually do exist, but are so long out of print that I can't find any...

Old 2009-05-03, 03:58   Link #240
dslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
The worst part is knowing that Teresa figures actually do exist, but are so long out of print that I can't find any...

Yeah that sucks, wouldn't mind that figure. Lets keep the faith that a really awesome one will come out though
Closed Thread