Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 19:16   Link #201
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
Taikyuume?
Or, to give the obvious solution...TYM.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:40   Link #202
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Or, to give the obvious solution...TYM.
How's about "Koume and her merry friends" (oh wait it's longer that the real name)

TYM is fine i guess, i prefer TaYaMu or TaiYaMu through
Old 2009-08-11, 20:48   Link #203
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How's about "Koume and her merry friends" (oh wait it's longer that the real name)
Yeah, that would be a problem. Personally, I'm fine with typing the full name. Still a shorter name may not be such a bad idea.

On a side note, they should make a recruitment poster with a picture of Tomoe. One where she states that she needs you to be with her.
Old 2009-08-11, 20:55   Link #204
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Yeah, that would be a problem. Personally, I'm fine with typing the full name. Still a shorter name may not be such a bad idea.

On a side note, they should make a recruitment poster with a picture of Tomoe. One where she states that she needs you to be with her.
I laughed at your last sentence, cause it remind me the screen when Kyouko mimic Tomoe's face as she said that line

But yeah, maybe poster is still not popular at this age. Cause girls feel embarrassed have their photos hanging around the campus...
Old 2009-08-11, 21:24   Link #205
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
Would be really interesting if they brought up more of the historical context of the Taisho era. I mean, if this is late Taisho (circa 1926) the characters in this anime, especially the guys, would go on to fight WW2.
And even those who didn't go fight would probably have bombs falling on them.

I've thought about this point, too. Does anyone in Japan feel nostalgic for the pre-war years, in the same "Gone With the Wind" sense that Americans in the "Old South" still feel about the days before the Civil War?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 21:31   Link #206
Oppius
Banned

Koumei is fourteen and she was already engaged? Do Japanese girls engaged and perhaps married at that young in that era?

Its not really weird about it since my own grandmother married at age sixteen.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 21:36   Link #207
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I laughed at your last sentence, cause it remind me the screen when Kyouko mimic Tomoe's face as she said that line

But yeah, maybe poster is still not popular at this age. Cause girls feel embarrassed have their photos hanging around the campus...
Perhaps in the actual show, it might not work. Still I'm now tempted to make a motivational poster using an image of Tomoe that would be like a recruitment poster.

Only problem is deciding on the image and how to word it right. Not like I'm short of images. Since the avatars I use are made from images I've captured. Not that I'm always using an avatar from this series, but I have at least a few times.
Old 2009-08-11, 23:58   Link #208
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
And even those who didn't go fight would probably have bombs falling on them.

I've thought about this point, too. Does anyone in Japan feel nostalgic for the pre-war years, in the same "Gone With the Wind" sense that Americans in the "Old South" still feel about the days before the Civil War?
unfortunately i'm not japanese. otherwise yeah I think part of the reason why this show may be popular in japan could be that hankering for simpler times. that and moe too but as someone mentioned this show isn't as popular outside Japan as, say, _that_ moeblob show K-On.
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 03:01   Link #209
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
Which is why I find it strange that show like K-On can became so popular outside Japan. I thought foreigner, especially in Western love baseball, right? Or maybe it is just me who think like that ^^a
Cirrostratucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:21   Link #210
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

As for the shortened name form, I think simply TYM is fine.

Meanwhile, the first HQ scans of the series start to pop out (first is from Megami, second from Nyan Type)

Old 2009-08-12, 11:11   Link #211
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrostratucat View Post
Which is why I find it strange that show like K-On can became so popular outside Japan. I thought foreigner, especially in Western love baseball, right? Or maybe it is just me who think like that ^^a
I'm quite sure there are plenty who love Baseball in the U.S., but there are three things to keep in mind here.

First, there's the question of how many fans of baseball are also fans of anime. As well, as how many of those fans are watching unlicensed series in the first place.

Second, as strange as it may sound, what a person may enjoy in one form they may not enjoy in another.

Third, for some their focus isn't what the specific subject is. Rather it's a combination of how the show portrays the subject and the interaction/characterization of the group brought together by the subject.

In general, I tend to fall under the third category. To be honest, I barely ever actually watch any sports. If/When I do, it's usually geared towards say for example stuff like say a championship game. Even then that's a maybe.

For me, it's less the fact the girls are playing baseball that interest me. It's more that I'm enjoying the interaction and characterization of the girls. That and the baseball element is flowing well with the series.

In regards to K-ON!, all I will say is that it was probably my favorite of the Spring season. Meanwhile Taishou Yakyuu Musume is one of my favorites of the Summer Season. Make of that what you will, but it goes to show I'm quite fond of both.
Old 2009-08-13, 07:00   Link #212
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Considering I know how it is like to live on both sides of the Eastern/Western fence here, I'd DEFINITELY say that true Baseball love is in the Asian side now. I mean, Baseball is seen as a pastime and all in the US, but other than the few fanatics, it just doesn't have the kind of societal relevance baseball in Asia has. In fact, it's almost bothersome to me as a casual baseball fan to see that it's almost ridiculed as a sport in America with many casual folk.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:13   Link #213
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
As for the shortened name form, I think simply TYM is fine.

Meanwhile, the first HQ scans of the series start to pop out (first is from Megami, second from Nyan Type)

Oh god I think my pancreas just got destroyed. FOR ALL ETERNITY.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 12:04   Link #214
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Considering I know how it is like to live on both sides of the Eastern/Western fence here, I'd DEFINITELY say that true Baseball love is in the Asian side now. I mean, Baseball is seen as a pastime and all in the US, but other than the few fanatics, it just doesn't have the kind of societal relevance baseball in Asia has. In fact, it's almost bothersome to me as a casual baseball fan to see that it's almost ridiculed as a sport in America with many casual folk.
.....Asian or Japanese? I would hardly say that baseball has the same relevance in other parts of Asia as in Japan.....yet, at least.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 12:33   Link #215
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Not content with just six good episodes, they decide to have a seventh good one. Well, as far as I can tell anyway.

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by Tatiana Razajev; 2009-08-13 at 16:11.
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 16:09   Link #216
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 17:55   Link #217
Greenish Growth

Episode seven was cute and a lot of fun. I was laughing throughout the episode.

Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 19:33   Link #218
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2009-08-13, 20:51   Link #219
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh the love

ep 8
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 22:59   Link #220
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I'm quite sure there are plenty who love Baseball in the U.S., but there are three things to keep in mind here.

First, there's the question of how many fans of baseball are also fans of anime. As well, as how many of those fans are watching unlicensed series in the first place.

Second, as strange as it may sound, what a person may enjoy in one form they may not enjoy in another.

Third, for some their focus isn't what the specific subject is. Rather it's a combination of how the show portrays the subject and the interaction/characterization of the group brought together by the subject.

In general, I tend to fall under the third category. To be honest, I barely ever actually watch any sports. If/When I do, it's usually geared towards say for example stuff like say a championship game. Even then that's a maybe.

For me, it's less the fact the girls are playing baseball that interest me. It's more that I'm enjoying the interaction and characterization of the girls. That and the baseball element is flowing well with the series.

In regards to K-ON!, all I will say is that it was probably my favorite of the Spring season. Meanwhile Taishou Yakyuu Musume is one of my favorites of the Summer Season. Make of that what you will, but it goes to show I'm quite fond of both.
It just like what you said, it because how the show present itself beautifully, or how they can blend the girls with baseball perfectly that I'm so glad I pick this show even though I'm not really into any sports. Guess I'm just wrong then when I thought that TYM could be more popular out there ^^a

On other sidenote: Whoa! Ep 07 out already?? Time to go back into hiding until I can watch proper sub release XD
Cirrostratucat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, japan, seinen