AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 02:57   Link #41
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
The only thing that annoyed me was...Tosen's cocky attitude...Oh how I wish Tosen would try to attempt to kill Uruhara and get ***** slapped so easily like Kenpachi did to him.
The only thing I don't like about this arc. No fights at all. I'm not counting the hollowfication parts since it was one-sided... they didn't want to fight friends.
Old 2008-06-13, 03:05   Link #42
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
The only thing I don't like about this arc. No fights at all. I'm not counting the hollowfication parts since it was one-sided... they didn't want to fight friends.
That too...but does anyone think how ironic it is that Tosen "man of peace" is actually the one helping cause chaos or w/e...
________
Michigan dispensaries

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:24.
Old 2008-06-13, 03:11   Link #43
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Three comments after reading the chapter:

1) Why does it say on the last page that this is what" Ichigo and Rukia are fighting for- how it all began"? Does Rukia still have a role in all this? I thought her part ended with SS arc.

2) If Aizen wanted to lie to Urahara, he could've just used hypnosis to ensure he didn't see the hollow masks or sword wounds. He didn't.............why? It seems he wanted Urahara to complete what Aizen started and turn them into vaizards. That also explains why Aizen is happy to let Urahara and Tessai live as witnesses.
I get the feeling Aizen almost expected them to show up.............at the very least, i highly doubt that he was scared of them. After how Aizen pawned Shinji,it'd be a brave person who asserts Aizen fears anyone.

3) I still don't understand why Tessai didn't use a 90s level kidou. The only reason I can think of is if all the 90s level spells are "single target" powers and he wanted an "area of effect" attack that would take out all enemies. Anyone who's played RPGs would get what i mean .

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-06-13 at 06:28.
Old 2008-06-13, 03:41   Link #44
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

What if during the power up that Aizen did, its not that he sheathing his sword to run away?

What if he is casting his hypnosis on both Uruhara and Tessai, and made them believe the 3 ran away? Thne they could continue spying on Hogyoku in Uruhara's possesion. I dont see Aizen as above Uruhara or otherwise, I see both of them as sneaky as the other.

D:

Seems plausible explanation to me ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-13, 04:33   Link #45
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

NOOOOOO!! Damn the cliffhangers!
Old 2008-06-13, 04:58   Link #46
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Hm, this chapter flew by. Tousen seems really fond of his hax-power.. I bet Zaraki made an traumatic impact. Gin on the other hand made me laugh, haha, that little bastard never changed

I don't get that last line about Ichigo and Rukia either, let's see what others will translate this to.

Tessai could have underestimated Aizen + crew, even though he should have had a clue due to Aizen's reiatsu show-off but ok, reiatsu alone doesn't imply knowledge + skill to use a forbidden high level kidou spell..

And hey, Byakuya also knows forbidden kidou spells?
Old 2008-06-13, 05:25   Link #47
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
What if during the power up that Aizen did, its not that he sheathing his sword to run away?

What if he is casting his hypnosis on both Uruhara and Tessai, and made them believe the 3 ran away? Thne they could continue spying on Hogyoku in Uruhara's possesion. I dont see Aizen as above Uruhara or otherwise, I see both of them as sneaky as the other.

D:

Nah. I don't think so.
Because in SS arc, when Aizen saw the hougyoku he was astonished of how small it is. So if he did sneak back to Urahara's place, he would've known.
Old 2008-06-13, 05:34   Link #48
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
That too...but does anyone think how ironic it is that Tosen "man of peace" is actually the one helping cause chaos or w/e...
You have to remember that was a front all these years, you know. Remember he's really quite arrogant and condescending, that Tousen..
Chap was kinda boring; just confirmed what we speculated since the start of the flashbacks.
Old 2008-06-13, 05:40   Link #49
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
You have to remember that was a front all these years, you know. Remember he's really quite arrogant and condescending, that Tousen..
Chap was kinda boring; just confirmed what we speculated since the start of the flashbacks.
I really don't think that he made this "justice man" crap. He seems to be really believing it. He is so full of it.
Old 2008-06-13, 05:52   Link #50
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Nah. I don't think so.
Because in SS arc, when Aizen saw the hougyoku he was astonished of how small it is. So if he did sneak back to Urahara's place, he would've known.
Or he was found out before he managed to see it himself .. And Uruhara hid it in Rukia in attempt to hide it from Aizen.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-13, 05:52   Link #51
CC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

D:

I thought that he just finished using his release (condition for the 'complete hypnosis') aswell, when I first saw the picture of him with his sword - especially because he says "I'm glad you came here tonight" - which makes me think that he was glad that he was able to put Urahara under complete hypnosis maybe?
Old 2008-06-13, 05:54   Link #52
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Either this arc ends at XV.. or XX.

There's more question then answer still right now @.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-13, 06:17   Link #53
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
A good time to end it might've been -100, when Aizen and co had everyone sliced out. The last two chapters aren't a great place to end it, since they niether clarify major mysteries nor are good cliffhangers.
Old 2008-06-13, 07:39   Link #54
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

My favorite part of the chapter was Urahara's reaction to seeing Shinji...

"What's with that ugly mask?"

And I guess that Aizen's reiatsu is no joke either, since he used it to overwhelm Urahara as well as Tousen, who we know is immune to Aizen's shikai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985
If Aizen wanted to lie to Urahara, he could've just used hypnosis to ensure he didn't see the hollow masks or sword wounds. He didn't.............why?
Maybe he did do it on purpose but if Aizen didn't sense them approaching then he wouldn't have time to create a convincing illusion. After all, Urahara and Tessai wouldn't buy the illusion after they had already seen the real injuries while Aizen wasn't paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985
I still don't understand why Tessai didn't use a 90s level kidou. The only reason I can think of is if all the 90s level spells are "single target" powers and he wanted an "area of effect" attack that would take out all enemies. Anyone who's played RPGs would get what i mean .
Well, Aizen is just a VC. Remember, we as readers know Aizen is to be taken very seriously, but most of the shinigami had no idea of his real power. 90's level spell would've been extreme overkill to use on a lieutenant. For Tessai, it must have been inconceivable that someone on VC level could counter an 80's level kidou (without an incantation nonetheless).

Old 2008-06-13, 08:16   Link #55
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Figuratively I think, close your eyes and shut your ears mean ignore the fact that he is using a forbidden technique.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-13, 08:45   Link #56
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I really don't think that he made this "justice man" crap. He seems to be really believing it. He is so full of it.
What has me is he really thought he could have killed Urahara. Did Aizen stop him because Urahara would've killed Tousen, or because he coudn't kill both Urahara and Tessai at that point? I don't think it's the latter, maybe he ddn't want to be caught at the scene of the crime?

Anyway, Aizen is probably not even gonna frame Urahara by hypnonsis; he disobeyed orders from Yammamoto and was seen by Aizen and co. with a reiatsu hiding cloak and Tessai was hiding his reiatsu as well. He made the Hogyoku which does basically the same thing that Aizen inflicted on them. Of course Yamajii goes on evidence and not conscience; Urahara's Hogyouku will be the only explanation and saying that he tried to save Shinji & co. will fall on deaf ears, so that kinda sums it up. Perfect frame.
Old 2008-06-13, 12:43   Link #57
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
What has me is he really thought he could have killed Urahara. Did Aizen stop him because Urahara would've killed Tousen, or because he coudn't kill both Urahara and Tessai at that point? I don't think it's the latter, maybe he ddn't want to be caught at the scene of the crime?

Anyway, Aizen is probably not even gonna frame Urahara by hypnonsis; he disobeyed orders from Yammamoto and was seen by Aizen and co. with a reiatsu hiding cloak and Tessai was hiding his reiatsu as well. He made the Hogyoku which does basically the same thing that Aizen inflicted on them. Of course Yamajii goes on evidence and not conscience; Urahara's Hogyouku will be the only explanation and saying that he tried to save Shinji & co. will fall on deaf ears, so that kinda sums it up. Perfect frame.
I agree with everything you've said. This has to be the most logical and possible way for Urahara's exile.
Old 2008-06-13, 14:32   Link #58
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

So before Aizen leaves, he holds his zampaktu. I think he actually did put Urahara and Tessai under his hypnosis. And the "I am glad you are here tonight" indicates that indeed he put him under his spell.

Also after Aizen blocked Tessai's attack, it seems that Urahara had something in mind but Hirako interrupted him. Could it be that he felt something wrong like when Unahona felt something wrong about Aizen's body?
Old 2008-06-13, 15:57   Link #59
Langus
Optimus Prime

Gin's role in this chapter pretty much confirms what I've thought of him from the start - he's not really as much of a baddie as people seem to think he is. His comment pretty much solidifies that. He's just a little kid and this (what he's doing with Aizen) is all one big game to him. Aizen's just using it to his advantage - at least that's how I see it anyway.

Well, that theory will pretty much be either completely confirmed or completely busted once we see how he interacts with Rangiku when they meet up again (which they will...and they will have an epic battle. I also think she'll be the one to take him out but that's a story for another day).
Old 2008-06-13, 15:58   Link #60
Blerghovic
Meh

I'm very dissapointed with this chapter. WHERE IS URAHARA'S BANKAI!!! (I was really hoping he'd use it. Either to subdue the vizards or to attack Aizen, Gin and Tousen) Seriously though, I'm hoping that Kubo will justify that rather weak chapter with some awesome stuff with the hogyoku, Soul Society's reaction to the hollowfication and Urahara, how Hirako and the rest of the captains/lieutenents etc.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, turn back the pendulum, manga