AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-10, 17:16   Link #1
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Infinite Stratos - Light Novel/Manga Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The shounen(boy's) light novel series IS (Infinite Stratos) by Yumizuru Izuru (author) and okiura (illustrator) will be getting a TV anime adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100622

IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉
IS (Infinite Stratos)

Official anime site:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/

少年向けライトノベル.
Shounen light novel series (light novel series aimed at boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J.
Currently there are 5 volumes released of the light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Yumizuru Izuru
Illustrator: okiura

A seinen manga adaptation is serialzied in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive. The manga is drawn by Akaboshi Kenji.
Currently there are no volumes released of the manga.

Genre: Shounen, Sci-fi, Comedy, Romance
Information courtesy of Neosam
Old 2010-09-11, 00:27   Link #2
Sotobrastos

Hmm, delicious covers. The anime trailer looked good. Hope it gets popular enough for someone to start translating the LNs.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 09:12   Link #3
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, the artwork is indeed pretty good, but the story is..... a little bit lacking IMO. It feels like a generic harem romantic comedy with a mecha. The character development feels a little lacking too. Aside from the chapter they are introduced in, some of them get neglected in terms of character development and the story keeps introducing new character. It's still a young series though so I think I will give it a go for 4 or 5 more volume to see if it will get better.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 10:56   Link #4
jzmagic
flargansbog

The author is apparently very sick, so the novel series will probably end or be discontinued.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 11:03   Link #5
tsunade666

what!? the author is very sick? I wish he would get well. The story is still introducing the characters and no real plot of war yet. I hate to see a potential story to go to waste.
Old 2010-09-11, 11:55   Link #6
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Indeed, I don't want another Kaze No Stigma incident.
Old 2010-09-11, 13:41   Link #7
tsunade666

uwaaaaaa asage nooooo! why did you mention that one.... I just remember a bad memory of the past.

Still how did you get the idea that the author is sick? is their a source for it?
Old 2010-09-11, 15:17   Link #8
NeoSam

I remember reading that volume 6 of the light novel series will be released on September 24th, but now its mentioned as postponed, and no timeline is mentioned

What jzmagic said could explain this...
Old 2010-09-11, 18:55   Link #9
jzmagic
flargansbog

I read a translation that came from the author's blog about deteriorating health and having to take 12 pills a day.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 21:42   Link #10
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That's a bad news. And right after the series getting an anime on winter too XD. Hope he/she will get better soon. I really wonder though, is being a light novel writer really that bad for health? XD. Seems like I heard more light novel writer being sick compared to manga author counterpart.
Old 2010-09-11, 22:39   Link #11
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

It puts a good strain on the mind which hampers willpower and may affect you immune systems. Plus being overworked and all adds to stress and can be bad for one's health

And I hope the author gets well, a really promising series if there is one
Old 2010-09-12, 15:40   Link #12
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Anyways, according to 2ch, the author recently was admitted into a hospital. Date of recovery is unknown. Some of the 2channers speculate the LN will be delayed to next month at least.
Old 2010-09-12, 18:05   Link #13
Kunagisa

http://izurism.blog25.fc2.com/

Guy's homepage, you can stick it in google translator and get a decent idea about what's going on with him.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 22:13   Link #14
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I am planning to buy some Comic Alive Manga soon, so tell me how many chapters of Infinite Stratos the manga have been released so far?
Old 2010-11-12, 15:12   Link #15
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

In other news, Infinite Stratos will be releasing it's 1st Tankobon around the same time Volume 6 is released

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/news/news.html
Old 2010-11-12, 23:16   Link #16
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, is the manga artwork any good? Most LN > manga adaptation lose a lot of quality in the artwork department.
Old 2010-11-13, 00:34   Link #17
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I have pre-ordered one issue of comic alive, I am getting my manga shipment soon enough.

And to be honest, Okiura had some art quality foul-ups in his art (1st issue had some quality issues.)
Old 2010-12-17, 20:30   Link #18
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Well, I got redirected here from the upcoming anime thread. So does anyone have a translation? Please PM me if you have any of the novels translated.
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:32   Link #19
falcolobo
The Third Runner

By the way I meant the translations for the IS light novels.
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 03:32   Link #20
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

there's no translated version yet for IS light novel. For the raw scan, you'll find it if you try to search.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen