AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-09, 10:08   Link #1
SimplyEd
Claytard

Drakengard: Yay or Nay?

Hi folks, the title says it all but in my case it would be a very big YAY!
Square-Enix's new slasher is so full of negative emotions that my humble self gets into a serious blood-rage...a virtual one that is^^
Anyway i'm perfectly aware that this title is one that is either loved or hated, there really isn't anything inbetween and since i don't want to do a poll thingy (i hate such stuff) let me know your opinions.
The graphics are top notch (it's Square-Enix after all, what did you expect?).
If anger and hatred were a soundtrack, this one would be it. Really, once you are able to chain together over 200 kills in a row, you will appreciate this sick music^^
Violence level is pretty high and will most likely only be topped by the upcoming Berserk-game for PS2, although i have to add, that while the fights do feature some nice bloodbaths, i sadly miss an ability to dismember my oponents. Again this will be Berserk's strong point^^
Replay value and play time in itself are pretty good, cause there are 65 weapons to find, each and every of them evolve through 4 levels and the game features 5 different endings.
Okay i'll leave the rest up to you guys, cause my joypad already screams for more virtual bloodshed
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:09   Link #2
Chrn0

Send a message via AIM to Chrn0 Send a message via MSN to Chrn0
This game looks very impressive from the commercials i have seen,i wish i could buy it but i dont have a ps2.=/
Chrn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 11:07   Link #3
SimplyEd
Claytard

Hmm, yeah it seems like there aren't too many people who actually own this game...maybe because of its M-rating? i really don't think so, maybe people are just too impressed to fit it into words^^
Old 2004-03-11, 11:16   Link #4
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Humm.. I've been playing Drakengard recently and it's an average game. It's pretty damn repetitive... I wish there were more combos with the weapons... the dragon sections are fun though.

The storyline is interesting and fairly dark... it's the driving force that makes me want to finish the game. I'd give the game a 7.5/10 or so. Mindless fun .
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 12:38   Link #5
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

If you like Dynasty Warriors, you'll dig it. I really liked powering up the weapons.

Anyone think it was really funny that Square Enix used a quote from GMR on their commercial, but GMR gave the game a 6/10?

I liked it...but then again, I like Dynasty Warriors. Here's a review for the Japanese version.

http://www.netjak.com/review.php/438
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:22   Link #6
daliinn

Yeah it does look a little repetetive. X play gave it a 3 out of 5 i think.
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 19:04   Link #7
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
it's repetetive, but who cares, there's a bunch of blood and killing, so it's all good
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 19:11   Link #8
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
[quote] likely only be topped by the upcoming Berserk-game for PS2 [/quote ]

True . ( It's been a long since Gut's, Return )

I've been waiting for sqaure, to make a game like this for a long time. It looks pretty flashy, but I hav'nt heard any of the tunes from it yet. Allthrough square, has never let me down in that department. I like how it covers aerial and ground battles, gives a expanded feild to the player.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 18:46   Link #9
SimplyEd
Claytard

[QUOTE=Godslayer Guts]
Quote:
likely only be topped by the upcoming Berserk-game for PS2 [/quote ]

True . ( It's been a long since Gut's, Return )

I've been waiting for sqaure, to make a game like this for a long time. It looks pretty flashy, but I hav'nt heard any of the tunes from it yet. Allthrough square, has never let me down in that department. I like how it covers aerial and ground battles, gives a expanded feild to the player.
:OFF-TOPIC:
Hell yeah, Berserk is the most epic dark saga on this sorry little planet and there will never be anything that can hope to come even near its brilliance. And if the new game won't rock arse, then i don't know what ever will.
Sorry, just my daily Berserk worshipping lines^^

:ON-TOPIC:
Well, of course it is repetitive cause it is a hack&slay and while it seems that there aren't that many combos ( there are actually quite a lot if you consider the restrictions of each weapon type) it's just very fullfilling to be able to chain combo kill every virtual being in a stage in one big blowout...this sounds corny, but once you actually play it yourself you will see^^
Anyway, personally i would give it a 8.5 or 9 of 10 and seeing that most reviewers actually gave it quite good rates, i would say it's a success for Squares first slasher/aerial combat hybrid.
Old 2004-03-13, 08:47   Link #10
Evan
天使我爱你

Well,I am really looking forward to playing this action game!!
The graphic,violence and storyline really catch my eyes and I just hope that it isn't just another stupid prouduction from square enix.............
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 03:51   Link #11

Thumbs up Yay

I would really like to play it... but then again I'd play anything Square puts out... Now if I could just get a PS2 (again)
321 is offline   Reply With Quote