Notices

Old 2004-05-12, 01:52   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Ms. Okazaki Ritsuko...passed away (;´д⊂

source:
http://www.asahi.com/obituaries/update/0511/003.html
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/obit/news/20040511zz22.htm

Ms. Okazaki Ritsuko, the singer/songwriter for numerous animes and part of the duo vocal Melocure has passed away at a much early age at 44. She passed away suddenly today May 5th due to a condition called severe sepsis and septic shock, a very rare blood vessel disease which affects 3 in 10,000 persons.

Among her notable works were providing music and lyrics, as well as singing on the following:

"For FruitsBasket" Fruits Basket
"Sakurasaku" and soundtracks for Love Hina
"Priority" Stratos4
Character image songs and themes for "Sister Princess RePure"
Song for bishoujo animes such as "Minky Momo" and "Wedding Peach"
As well as providing music and lyrics to countless seiyuu artists from Hayashibara Megumi, Inoue Kikuko, Iiduka Mayumi and Horie Yui

You will be definitely missed....
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 02:14   Link #2
lordwu

I was shocked when I saw the news this afternoon. I always loved her music and am very sad to see such a talent to pass away so young.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 02:54   Link #3
wao
OK.

I was so shocked too. She is quite a well known person, even though she never made a huge name like well known singers, rather staying in the background...

Some other songs she did were the OP and ED for Princess Tutu. Which are really quite decent too. At 44... That is a very young age to die at, and it was so shocking. From such an odd disease too.

My respects to her. I hope she didn't suffer too much. Oh well... People die in the end... but her music was nice
Old 2004-05-12, 03:55   Link #4
Marine-RX179

This is quite sad indeed.....not much to say except...

'Amen, may she rest in peace' T.T
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 05:02   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
It is tragic that this should happen to someone still relatively young. I appreciate her for her work on Fruits Basket and would like to give her a big thanks for her contributions.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 15:29   Link #6
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I really liked her music. This is just too sad.
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 10:58   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
May she Rest in PEACE << R.I.P >>>

I was her most devoted fan
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 11:42   Link #8
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I noticed some "Memorial" music torrents on "that other torrent site", which did make me feel
uncomfortable -- you don't label files "Memorial" unless, well, someone has passed away usually.

But darn, there was as reason for that labeling

Sigh, count me in as one of the people who really liked her music (got quite a few songs of her on
my iPod, including the Melocure album). Not to repeat what others have said, but... she will be missed.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 12:05   Link #9
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

She'll surely be missed. I really enjoyed her music, especially her work on the Fruits Basket series.

/will listen to some of her albums again when he gets home.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 14:29   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

That's really sad. Count me as another one of her fans, who also has many of her songs on my iPod. A life cut tragically short... Perhaps, like many great artists, her work will gain more popularity from this point on, and in that small sense she'll live on through her many fans.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 16:52   Link #11
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Her music will always be in our hearts, so it will be like like she was still alive.
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 17:57   Link #12
bluemist
i am the mist

I rearranged by CD pile here, and out of boredom I re-emerged the Fruits Basket "Shiki" album so that it is be one of the CDs I can listen to while on the go...

I did it on May 5.

Of course I never knew about her passing until a blog posted about it a week later. I never even bothered wanting to know about 'when' she passed away until I read it directly in this thread just now. I'm definitely freaked out. Such coincidences don't happen everyday.

She will be missed.
Old 2004-05-13, 19:50   Link #13
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
I noticed some "Memorial" music torrents on "that other torrent site", which did make me feel
uncomfortable -- you don't label files "Memorial" unless, well, someone has passed away usually.

But darn, there was as reason for that labeling

Sigh, count me in as one of the people who really liked her music (got quite a few songs of her on
my iPod, including the Melocure album). Not to repeat what others have said, but... she will be missed.
I noticed those too, and it made me unconformtable even though I knew the reason. It just feels wrong to honour her memory by putting her music up for illegal download again. I participate in illegal activity just as much as the rest of us here, but that just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm sure they didn't mean any harm and whoever submitted those files was only trying to spread the beauty of her work to others, but that method didn't seem as respectful as they perhaps intended it to be.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 11:14   Link #14
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Its always sad when a musician passes away, but their songs are more than enough legacy. Her music is understated beautiful. Its low key, but somehow always manages to catch my ear and soften my mood with its sweetness.

I hope her cd she was working on is released and not vaulted away forever. I know I would buy it. Hell, probably even preorder!
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 06:00   Link #15
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Utter Disbelief

I've been offline for two months and during the interim, I must've played Okazaki-san's music about a few hundred times. I wholeheartedly agree that 'understated beauty' would be the way to describe her work. To think that she passed away at such a young age...Rest in Peace.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:13   Link #16
jordanlim4

Let her music hug us for eternal
jordanlim4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 10:27   Link #17
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Don't know anything about her at all but I do know that the music in Fruit Basket is amazing and this makes me sad to know that the person responsible for it passed away. I will definitely be looking out for more of her music.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 10:51   Link #18
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Let us all hope that they eventually release her last album even if it is unfinished.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 05:24   Link #19
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
may the gods springkle her with blessings
her songs were great
itz so sad she passed away so young..at least she didn't suffer from her illness
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote