AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-17, 01:33   Link #2041
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
So how many entries didn't make the top 100 cut off?

I bet I'm the only one who nominated Iriya Kana.
Quote:
Over 600 names were nominated, but only the top one hundred performers are listed below.
Apparently 600-6xx. Hope that helps.
Old 2009-02-17, 01:34   Link #2042
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ryou not coming back I can sort of understand. Mei and Yukine way overpowered Ryou after last years nominations in terms of moe, especially in After Story (at least so far...still some episodes left). Even Sanae, who also didn't make top 100 probably out moed Ryou...and she's a MILF(GMILF).

As for Rei...I imagine her types fans didn't want to have to be forced into making a choice between her and Nagato Yuki.

I think I see all my nominations in the top 100. I see all three Minami sisters and poor Tessa. Plus I see Kaede who I nominated last year but not this year. And Chidori still behind Tessa on moe.

Poor Yutaka is in the 100 spot even though people were calling her a walking pillar of moe.

Total of ten KyoAni girls are in the top 100, however the six that didn't get in where in the bottom 20%. If they all had gotten in the ratio would have been:
KyoAni Empire (25 systems): CLANNAD (7), Kanon (6), Haruhi (4), Lucky Star (4), AIR (2), and Full Metal Panic! (2)...these two systems are joint controled with GONZO.
Old 2009-02-17, 01:40   Link #2043
Team Rocket Elite

About a month ago I asked "Did any of the other Touhou characters(Sakuya, Suika, Hong Meiling) get enough noms but got kept out due to the background check?" and was told "check back after the preliminaries for the answer". Looking at the results, the answer was probably all 3 and maybe Rumia or Cirno would have made the list as well despite only being in the eyecatch. >_> I wonder how many points the ineligible Touhou characters and other high profile ineligible characters got.
Old 2009-02-17, 01:42   Link #2044
wontaek

For the record, I wish top 27 from nomination had gotten in, instead of the 27 we got from preliminary. Yomi!!!!!
Old 2009-02-17, 01:57   Link #2045
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith_Tony View Post
Agreed about Felli, I'll most likely nominate her next year. She's also one of the reasons that Regios is currently my favourite airing series.
I gave Regios a 3 episode trial run. It got off to a shaky start, but passed in the end. I'll follow it. And yeah, Felli has got some moe mojo going on. The first impression of her was a good one, but then in episode 3, the "Fon-Fon" conversation in the trolley was pure win. I mean, I stopped the video and backed up to watch that scene over as soon as it ended. I'm smiling now just thinking about it. She has put a hook in me. Kudos to Mai Nakahara.

Quote:
Toradora! 19 was one of the more memorable ones, I agree.
All caught up now. And yes, 19 was a turning point episode. Toradora! continues to be impressive in how it explores relationships. This is damn good anime!

Quote:
So, who's your favorite character of Geass?
Cornelia. She's gorgeous and has an incredibly commanding presence.

LOL @ Reimu's nomination results. I think the people who said Touhou won't do well one-on-one are going to be eating their words.
Old 2009-02-17, 02:01   Link #2046
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post

LOL @ Reimu's nomination results. I think the people who said Touhou won't do well one-on-one are going to be eating their words.
They will win more than 20 matches, perhaps even 30. I still doubt about 40, though.
Old 2009-02-17, 02:10   Link #2047
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm slightly surprised at Reimu myself compared to Taiga who I figured was in the lead and thus the one to beat this year. I'm aware she is the star of Touhou since she is in (practically) every game as the lead, but also being anime voiced by Nakahara Mai doesn't hurt either.
Old 2009-02-17, 02:50   Link #2048
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

lol well to be honest i wouldnt have minded taking the top 27 from Noms if Nel wasnt in 23rd :/

no code geass girls would have gotten in and Yuuko who probably deserves is more then half the girls here missed out, oh well
Old 2009-02-17, 04:01   Link #2049
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If all Reimu nominations where 10 pointers, then this result wouldn't be too overwhelming to fathom, but somehow I'm doubting that.
Old 2009-02-17, 06:38   Link #2050
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
lol well to be honest i wouldnt have minded taking the top 27 from Noms if Nel wasnt in 23rd :/

no code geass girls would have gotten in and Yuuko who probably deserves is more then half the girls here missed out, oh well
Anya should still be in becauss she is moe. Replace her with Nel then it's fine.

Kallen can get out though. But she'll become the Yurie of this year if no one minds, do they? Since you all seem to hate that Kallen is here.

@ Mushi
Hm...Interesting. I would say Lelouch for obvious reason. Very obvious ones.
Favorite girl is probably C.C. though
Old 2009-02-17, 09:48   Link #2051
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
If all Reimu nominations where 10 pointers, then this result wouldn't be too overwhelming to fathom, but somehow I'm doubting that.
Current nomination systm gives untoward power to a small dedicated/focused group of voters. It is quite easily skewed. For example, Kotori may have had just 15-20 ppl nominating her all in the 8-10 pt slots, but shiori may have had 50+ ppl nominating her in the 1-2 pt slots. So in nominations it looks as if Kotori has the edge but when it comes to Prelims and Round Robin, where things are one vote one point, who do you think will win?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2009-02-17, 09:55   Link #2052
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou View Post
ugh!
Alicia by 2 points! 2 points!!!!!!!! T_t
alicia-san!!!!!!!!!!! ;_____;
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-02-17, 10:05   Link #2053
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Anya should still be in becauss she is moe.
From what I've seen of Anya so far, it makes me think I need to take back my doubt about Kallen... who I would pick as second favorite character just because she's got some personality and butt-kicking goodness. But all of the CG girls are at the bottom of my list. I just don't see a whole lot of moe appeal in them.

Cornelia's little moment of being flustered with Schneizel in episode 21, when he was praising her combat abilities with poetic flattery, was the most moe thing I saw in the entire first season.

Spoiler for Cornelia... just for comparison sake:

Quote:
So in nominations it looks as if Kotori has the edge but when it comes to Prelims and Round Robin, where things are one vote one point, who do you think will win?
I honestly have no idea. I see what you're saying, though. I just won't be surprised if Touhou ends up doing far better than people are speculating.
Old 2009-02-17, 11:37   Link #2054
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
Current nomination systm gives untoward power to a small dedicated/focused group of voters. It is quite easily skewed. For example, Kotori may have had just 15-20 ppl nominating her all in the 8-10 pt slots, but shiori may have had 50+ ppl nominating her in the 1-2 pt slots. So in nominations it looks as if Kotori has the edge but when it comes to Prelims and Round Robin, where things are one vote one point, who do you think will win?
In other words, the current nomination system was kept by virtue of a sad attempt to try to get the Sailor Moon candidates... you know... in a high profile Saimoe contest. But of course, we all know they'll just be another Neliel in the end...

EDIT: For those who don't know, that's sarcasm for you.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2009-02-17 at 13:34.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:01   Link #2055
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
In other words, the current nomination system was kept by virtue of a sad attempt to try to get the Sailor Moon candidates... you know... in a high profile Saimoe contest. But of course, we all know they'll just be another Neliel in the end...
Maybe in your view.

In my personal view, I saw it as a way for a character, with the help of a few passionate fans, to be considered by voters who might have had that character slip by their minds during the nomination period.

I definitely did not see it as a mechanism for the Sailor Senshi to enter the tournament.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:31   Link #2056
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

I agree with Juice. I certainly hope that we employed a system that was fair and balanced to the best of the entire staff's knowledge and ability ... not one whose weaknesses would be knowingly exploited.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:37   Link #2057
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I agree with...melange. The nomination system is currently not the best system and some sort of preliminary rounds is needed to get the best picture of whom the voters want in. There are those who just give top points to Touhou characters. There are those of us who actually like 10 characters almost equally but would have to decide whom to give more points to.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:40   Link #2058
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
I agree with Juice. I certainly hope that we employed a system that was fair and balanced to the best of the entire staff's knowledge and ability ... not one whose weaknesses would be knowingly exploited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I agree with...melange. The nomination system is currently not the best system and some sort of preliminary rounds is needed to get the best picture of whom the voters want in. There are those who just give top points to Touhou characters. There are those of us who actually like 10 characters almost equally but would have to decide whom to give more points to.

If this is the case, we should do away with the weighted system and come up with something that is less likely to be hi-jac--I mean, be used in mis-representative ways internally as well as externally.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:58   Link #2059
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

???
"You lost me there."
Old 2009-02-17, 13:03   Link #2060
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
???
"You lost me there."
Don't worry. It's most technical stuff that only the staff or those who analyze ISML will understand.
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe