AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 10:10   Link #1041
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Spoiler for chapter 238:
Spoiler for 238:
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 10:28   Link #1042
Fran~
floating away...

I don't care about hate... i leave hate to haters... and i never read them...

Well... Kururu and Ringo are back... and the Storm Regalia will be the most amazing regalia ever, you read it here first!
Old 2009-04-07, 10:52   Link #1043
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

well, judging from the alloy itself and the fact that Kurumu will utilize 3 of the reigning Sleeping Forest Kings to acquire it... the word 'awesomeness' comes to mind.
Old 2009-04-07, 10:57   Link #1044
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Chapter's out.
And oh man, I completely forgot that old anime where the trio of girls were dressed in leotards....
Cat's eye! I loved that anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Spoiler for 238:

Aw, actually, considering how young those kids are and how crazy the situation is now, it's a wonder they're not mentally scarred.
And well, Ringo fan here, I know about extreme bashing
And I'm glad the last few chapters are easy to understand
Eurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:57   Link #1045
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 238 was good ! Rest in peace Yochitsune ! All were crying .
Finally Kururu and the 3 sisters are back yeah
They'll go find the rare metal !! Lol some nude Ringo .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:02   Link #1046
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

OMG is it just me or has Ringo gotten bigger?? i mean she must be eating the right foods. in a year or so she could rival my Lovely Benkai.
Old 2009-04-07, 15:21   Link #1047
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
OMG is it just me or has Ringo gotten bigger?? i mean she must be eating the right foods. in a year or so she could rival my Lovely Benkai.
Nah.... the only one who can actually be just a little like Benkei is Emily... Ringo is different from the kind of girl that Benkei and Emily are.

The other day i had a dream about Emily using Benkei's Panther Corsa, it was beyond epic.

About Cat's eye:

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-04-07 at 15:31.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 15:53   Link #1048
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

I'm not defending Ikki, but I kind of like his character his funny and always tries his best for his teammates. Like Kururu said he is the engine that keeps the team driving forward.

Like someone else said Ikki is just in middle school and if you consider all the things he has been through I would say he has had it pretty rough.

Also cant wait to see the Sky Regalia and Ikki using it in a real battle
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 17:35   Link #1049
Fran~
floating away...

The fact is that no one can "hate" Ikki, i mean, i read a lot of sh*t about Ikki, about Ringo, about everybody not only from Air Gear but from every character of every manga... and i can't helped but to laugh to those critics, because they are pointless.

That's why i like Animesuki, here the "hating" is kinda low, it's in an acceptable quantity, more accurately, is written in a scenario of character's analysis and not in a "food fight" scenario.

Ikki's generation are children, don't forget that point, they are naive, they suffer when they are betrayed, they cry when somebody dies, etc...

No one can "hate" a manga character, that's just too much. I don't love Ringo the same way i love Kururu or Emily, Benkei, Yayoi or Konomi, but i don't hate Ringo.
Old 2009-04-10, 02:37   Link #1050
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Aww really? that's a shame...I hate orihime but still! Air gear is one of the top manga for me, there are no "bad" characters and even Sora and Nike have their dreams. Ikki really has had it rough, growing up without parents or blood relatives and getting ditched by his new family later on, leaving him with just his team in the world and all...I still hope they'll eventually make up
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:16   Link #1051
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Aww really? that's a shame...I hate orihime
Change the word "Hate" for "Dislike"...

Quote:
but still! Air gear is one of the top manga for me, there are no "bad" characters and even Sora and Nike have their dreams. Ikki really has had it rough, growing up without parents or blood relatives and getting ditched by his new family later on, leaving him with just his team in the world and all...I still hope they'll eventually make up
the best part of the manga was not animated, same thing with TJTG... that's sad you know...
Old 2009-04-12, 12:38   Link #1052
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

The best thing about Air Gear is, it has a bit of everything for me. Other shounen action mangas take themselves waaay to seriously and so they just have that one factor - action, which for the most part is slightly above mediocre at its best.

Its has a sense of humor for the most part i actually find pretty funny, and as a person who doesnt have delicate sensibilities, the fanservice is just another factor that adds to the entertainment. Hey, theres even a bit of shipping here and there...rare for the genre. It has lovable characters despite the particular hates of some and everyone seems to get a time to shine...its not like half of them are completely ignored or forgotten because the author doesnt know hat to do with them.

The artwork speaks for itself no one can say that it has subpar or even mediocre quality on average. The way OG draws his characters not just fighting but honestly just standing around and talking permeates style and uber coolness!

Anyway any ideas where you guys think they are going to get the rare metal for Ikki's regalia? I also thinking how good it would be if they incorporated Bucha's headphones for the Rumble. Since Buccha's headphones are like Kazu's hoodie and beanie yet it could have a correlation with rumble regalia since you know sound/rumble like the Original Rumble king used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Change the word "Hate" for "Dislike"...

the best part of the manga was not animated, same thing with TJTG... that's sad you know...
One other thing that bothers me is the minimal fanart you can find for Air Gear. I mean you'll get dozens of godly fanart for the craptastic berserk Hollow Ichigo with his new horns, but hardly if any fanart of Kazu which is a better character overall.

Oh well...back to coloring 2 page AG manga spreads for me then...

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2009-04-12 at 15:58.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:19   Link #1053
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
One other thing that bothers me is the minimal fanart you can find for Air Gear. I mean you'll get dozens of godly fanart for the craptastic berserk Hollow Ichigo with his new horns, but hardly if any fanart of Kazu which is a better character overall.
I am under the impression that air gear isn't as popular as bleach... I still don't know why many good manga don't get a second (or third, in the case of TRC) season animated when there's plenty of room for more.
Old 2009-04-13, 19:24   Link #1054
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Aye! i second that... in fact, same thing happens with Kenichi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I am under the impression that air gear isn't as popular as bleach... I still don't know why many good manga don't get a second (or third, in the case of TRC) season animated when there's plenty of room for more.
Hmmm, it's a fact that AG isnt as popular as Bleach, but in the place where i read AG, is one of he most readed mangas, but i think that it doesn't catch the attention of the artist who has the skills.

So sad...
Old 2009-04-21, 04:15   Link #1055
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

lol
Spoiler for 239:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 21:03   Link #1056
Fran~
floating away...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-25, 20:21   Link #1057
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Aeon is back , the master of time . "A gorilla does not need clothes" lol *naked*
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 20:59   Link #1058
Fran~
floating away...

Wait... maybe Aeon has the flame regalia?
Old 2009-04-26, 08:03   Link #1059
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If memory serves, he stole it from Kazu, so yeah...but who said he can use it properly? o_0
(even though he was the original successor...-cough-) On another note, does his trusty maid/worshipper know he's a fag?
Old 2009-04-29, 16:37   Link #1060
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was a ride...Just marathoned through all the chapters I missed starting from the gravity children non-sense...Was around that time I originally dropped it because I was getting annoyed that the series was moving away from a fun one about people riding supped up roller blades.

Ah but anyway that wasn't quite as painful as I thought it'd be considering certain things I heard...The Obama part just being so absurd it was funny really, although I coulda done without the giant mech. Kinda killed some of the drama in the whole osaka battle...

Still sad the series has become so damn convoluted and pretty much pissed any sense of simple fun it had at the start to the wind, but as far as interesting characters and eye candy goes the series still does it right. Probably helps that I listened to some good eletronic while I read em all...Gets you in the mood.

Wonder how TT is doing...Dropped that one abit back aswell since it made me tired just trying to read it.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen, tournament