AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-10, 12:10   Link #1761
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
Tell me more about Lessa please!!
who she is? why so snow in this picture??
Lessa is a member of the New Light, a group of witches who were the antagonist in volume 17 .
The reason it's snowing cause their in Russia.

EDIT: Thanks for Wilfriback for the correction.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-02-10 at 12:56. Reason: correction
Old 2010-02-10, 12:21   Link #1762
Miraluka
Banned

She and her partners were introduced in the vol.17.

Vol.7 chapter 1 part 6&7 updated
Old 2010-02-10, 12:26   Link #1763
walt

more girls in megaHarem of this bastard???
now from Russia
damn....
Old 2010-02-10, 13:14   Link #1764
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
more girls in megaHarem of this bastard???
now from Russia
damn....
Actually the New Light are from Northern Europe so their possibly Norwegian or Scandinavian. Also, he already had a Russian girl, Sasha (sort of).
Old 2010-02-10, 14:32   Link #1765
walt

Sasha? in Harem? no way!
source please!
Old 2010-02-10, 15:04   Link #1766
Miraluka
Banned

Thinking of that New Light uses weapons which resemble Thor's hammer.
Old 2010-02-11, 00:24   Link #1767
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mega plot twist for the last chapter of Volume 9...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
No. That would be one heck of a mess.
Fuse=Kazakiri's Angel Wings versus Accelerator's Black Wings

Quote:
Spoiler for SS2:
And to answer my early-earlier question, I think we have a canidate for a Magic-background protagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Looks like the N.L. is going with Touma to "that" place. Indeed, she is pretty cute altought she got punched away by Touma XD.
Lessa? I thought it was going to be Floris

What happen to the other girls anyway?

Quote:
Spoiler for ss1, vol 12 and 13:
Wow, I didn't think her story would be so serious, I guess an open declaration of War would have made sense, I almost didn't think that Aleister would have done it, and would actually try to cover everything up. I'm guessing after three attempts on his City, and the 'success' of Fuse=Kazakiri, there's no need for him to hide anymore.

So how did Touma talked her out of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Actually, "demon god" is not a good way to put it. The novel has provided its explanation, instead of meaning the god of demon, it means the person who has overly master the magic and enter the realm of god.

As for Hliðskjálf, it is his power to change life energy and normal magical power into an unexplianble type of power. The power by its nature cannot be describe, can not be epxlained, and can not be comprehend.
Also, the actual Hliðskjálf (which is the thorne of Odin) does not have any offensive function, by focefully using Hliðskjálf in offence makes his power even more unepxlainable.
He uses Hliðskjálf due to the abilityof a god of magic is too special and can not be used with normal magical powers. In othwer word, he needs the unexplaiable energy produced by Hliðskjálf to actually perform his ability as a god of magic.
Well, I don't know if this would be connected somehow, but the Throne of Odin, Hlidskjalf, is said to allow him to 'see into all worlds'.

And this story seems to use alot of 'unexplainable' stuff... =_=

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-02-11 at 04:41.
Old 2010-02-11, 07:15   Link #1768
LastResolve

i was thinking aleistar wants to destroy all magic....and imagine breaker is pretty dangerous even for him so the reason he didnt kill touma so far is cuz he need him what if imagine breaker can completly destroy someones personal reality he could be the key to destroy all magic in the world
Old 2010-02-11, 07:26   Link #1769
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
i was thinking aleistar wants to destroy all magic....and imagine breaker is pretty dangerous even for him so the reason he didnt kill touma so far is cuz he need him what if imagine breaker can completly destroy someones personal reality he could be the key to destroy all magic in the world
For now, Touma is an excellent pawn for Aleister. Very easily manipulated, gets the job done, and has screwed off his main adversary, the RCC every single time- even defeating three of their elite [God's Right Seat] members (abeit, with some help). But going according to what we know, I don't think Touma is part of the "Imaginary District" master plan to rid the world of magic- That honors belong to the other hero, Accelerator.
Old 2010-02-11, 08:47   Link #1770
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, I don't know if this would be connected somehow, but the Throne of Odin, Hlidskjalf, is said to allow him to 'see into all worlds'.
Maybe his magic and the magic of N.L's girls have some connections...
Aurrelus with Hlidskjalf and N.L. with Miojnir.
Old 2010-02-11, 11:43   Link #1771
index87

what level of Japanese would you say would be needed to read to aru majutsu no index novels, is the language used difficult

i am in the process of learning Japanese and can understand kids manga pretty well
next year when i get out of high school i hope to take the JLPT 2 and study in japan

(the JLPT is a Japanese language test taken by non Japanese speakers to certify there fluency in the language, JLPT1 means your very fluent, JLPT2 means your good enough kinda?)
Old 2010-02-11, 12:13   Link #1772
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by index87 View Post
what level of Japanese would you say would be needed to read to aru majutsu no index novels, is the language used difficult

i am in the process of learning Japanese and can understand kids manga pretty well
next year when i get out of high school i hope to take the JLPT 2 and study in japan

(the JLPT is a Japanese language test taken by non Japanese speakers to certify there fluency in the language, JLPT1 means your very fluent, JLPT2 means your good enough kinda?)
I have not taken level 2 yet, but I assume that if you can do level 2, you'll definitely have no problems reading light novels. I mean, I took level 3 a year after I took level 4, and passed (although just barely) without much preparation. I can't understand every single word in the novels, but with the help of dictionaries and some guessing by context, I had no problems reading and understanding them.
Old 2010-02-11, 14:30   Link #1773
index87

thanks ill definitely order a couple of volumes then
my only question now is witch vol do i start with i have already seen the anime , so is it worthwhile to read any of vol 1-6 that covered the anime or should i just start with vol 7 or 8
Old 2010-02-11, 17:35   Link #1774
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Maybe his magic and the magic of N.L's girls have some connections...
Aurrelus with Hlidskjalf and N.L. with Miojnir.
Who knows? The Kanzaki SS will be set in Western Europe, and will contain events related to Norse myth. And I think Kanzaki knows the woman who Aurrelus is currently living with. So maybe, just maybe, we'll learn more about Aurrelus and the N.L. girls in the Kanzaki SS.

Quote:
my only question now is witch vol do i start with i have already seen the anime , so is it worthwhile to read any of vol 1-6 that covered the anime or should i just start with vol 7 or 8
IMO, you should definitely read vol 3 (Accelerator arc), vol 4 (Angel Fall). There's also a short arc in vol. 5 that the anime skipped, but it's not really that important. For the others, I personally think it's OK to skip since you have watched the anime.

Just my opinion, though. But if you have time, it wouldn't hurt to read all of them from the beginning.
Old 2010-02-11, 19:16   Link #1775
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:

In general, light novels are not supposed to be difficult to read. They're written at a level that you can more or less wind your brain down while you read them, like manga.
Old 2010-02-11, 19:32   Link #1776
Lummie

Quote:
Looks like the N.L. is going with Touma to "that" place. Indeed, she is pretty cute altought she got punched away by Touma XD.
Punched!? Did Touma really punch her? Didn't she become a ally after being saved?
Old 2010-02-11, 23:16   Link #1777
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
IMO, the main reason to read the previous novel is to pick up information and details that the Anime left out... And that's quite alot base on what I can see in volume 1 alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Punched!? Did Touma really punch her? Didn't she become a ally after being saved?
I know Floris did, but not sure about the other girls.
Old 2010-02-12, 09:18   Link #1778
higoku1

The cover for Vol 20 is out.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/mw20.jpg

Enjoy!
Old 2010-02-12, 09:37   Link #1779
LastResolve

lol new girl?
Old 2010-02-12, 11:33   Link #1780
tsunade666

not really its just another member of new light but what happen to floris? though among the 4 I like less more than floris and just ignore the other 2.

I didn't expect for the new light to be a part of touma faction.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen