AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-11, 18:56   Link #6181
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Looks like Flere update chapter 11 again with a bit of Part 3.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:01   Link #6182
outerelf

that is a mean place to leave off.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:12   Link #6183
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Oh Flere you tease! We'll never be able sleep like that!
Old 2010-11-11, 22:09   Link #6184
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
“Give Index back to me.”

This is a declaration.
Since when Touma became so posessive?
Old 2010-11-11, 22:15   Link #6185
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
that is a mean place to leave off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Oh Flere you tease! We'll never be able sleep like that!
Sorry - my brain kinda shut down after that bit ^^; There'll probably be a update in 24 hrs to continue that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Since when Touma became so posessive?
I know right? The Chinese Translators even snarked a bit saying this means Game Over for Mikoto if Touma has his mind set on Index like that (I left the unnecessary comments out of my translations)
Old 2010-11-11, 22:20   Link #6186
tsunade666

since when did mikoto ever had a chance to begin with -_- the cliffhanger part.

If I remember it right the next scene is in academy city side... or russian? not sure but it's the fleet or the sea fleet.... kinda confusing. Well waiting for an update.
Old 2010-11-11, 22:27   Link #6187
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

theres still the part where index confessed to touma and he avoided the question thinking what was index to himb before memory loss, wich kinda makes you think rigth now he doesnt feel that way about index rigth now if not why the hesitation and what would it matter about touma #1, but well, after all anime characters tend to be like that

but i really think , that unless index dies(yes kida extreme) mikoto is firing duds.
Old 2010-11-11, 22:41   Link #6188
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah, thats extreme I remember something similar in a previous volume, can't remember which one... vol. 17?

Btw, the character power chart was posted a day ago here:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...kamijou_touma-

The translatio is almost done.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:02   Link #6189
tsunade666

guys will you seriously consider a girl that keeps firing lightning bolts out of no where and no reasonable reason? though the other one is also not a good choice because too much bite and you would die and even if Touma wouldn't die physically he would die socially because of huge debt and the cause...... food.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:13   Link #6190
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

There is no hint whatsoever that Touma looks at Mikoto in a romantic way. To him, she's just this one middle school kid who keeps randomly attacking him with electricity for no reason at all. Also, when Index confessed, Touma had just lost his memories, so of course he wouldn't know how to respond. Touma doesn't see any of them as a romantic interest.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:15   Link #6191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm almost certain Touma doesn't mean it the way you guys are thinking

That said, Fiamma vs Touma's ideas reminds me of the last part of the Dark Knight movie. Fiamma kept pointing out all the negative qualities of humans, which are true. But rather than disagreeing with them, Touma accepts it but strongly believes that people can still do good.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:16   Link #6192
Flere821
Lurker

Well, when I said 'chance' I meant plot-wise - look at all the time Mikoto and Touma are placed together in a undisputely romantic light compared with other characters. Index it's either feeding or getting bitten, with a mix of other things like fighting magicians thrown into it. Whereas for Mikoto there's at least been a date (Vol12) and multiple *shown* indirect kisses in the novels (eg Vol5 and 9).

Character interaction, yeah Touma might not be likely to choose a younger girl that's set on fighting him at least half the time. Though I sincerely doubt he has the heart to turn down a sincere confession from any girl - which means if Mikoto confesses first before anyone else it's a victory for her.

Of course, there's still that confession(?) from Index at the end of Vol1... but I just don't see Index as a romantic partner for Touma, her being a nun aside. IMO she's been like a relative to Touma more than anything else (or just a pet-like creature he has to feed).
Old 2010-11-11, 23:18   Link #6193
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

thats why touma should end up with saten , probably the only normal girl in AC, also i really think both of them are(or were) at least acquaitances.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:22   Link #6194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
thats why touma should end up with saten , probably the only normal girl in AC, also i really think both of them are(or were) at least acquaitances.
Funny you should mention Saten, I have been thinking about how to a skit on that... Well, she does go to a certain highschool for extra classes in the holidays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well, when I said 'chance' I meant plot-wise - look at all the time Mikoto and Touma are placed together in a undisputely romantic light compared with other characters. Index it's either feeding or getting bitten, with a mix of other things like fighting magicians thrown into it. Whereas for Mikoto there's at least been a date (Vol12) and multiple *shown* indirect kisses in the novels (eg Vol5 and 9).

Character interaction, yeah Touma might not be likely to choose a younger girl that's set on fighting him at least half the time. Though I sincerely doubt he has the heart to turn down a sincere confession from any girl - which means if Mikoto confesses first before anyone else it's a victory for her.

Of course, there's still that confession(?) from Index at the end of Vol1... but I just don't see Index as a romantic partner for Touma, her being a nun aside. IMO she's been like a relative to Touma more than anything else (or just a pet-like creature he has to feed).
It's more like a running gag isn't it? Touma never have time for Mikoto lol Yet she's one of the Author's favorite characters I believe so what is he playing at
Old 2010-11-11, 23:24   Link #6195
Satehi

I don't think that power chart is even accurate. Is it another one of those fan made ones?
Old 2010-11-11, 23:27   Link #6196
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

It's only "romantic" in Mikoto's point of view. In volume 5's, only Mikoto was fussing about which hot dog was which, and Touma didn't really care. In volume 9, Touma was only checking if Mikoto was hit, and Mikoto thought he was going to kiss her.

If a girl confessed to Touma, I think he would turn her down if he didn't have feelings for her. If he accepted it but didn't love her that would only hurt her more in the end.

Yeah, him going with Saten is probably the best option for his health.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:30   Link #6197
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
I don't think that power chart is even accurate. Is it another one of those fan made ones?
I won't be surprise if it is.

One thing caught my attention though, whoever created this also referred to that 'overwhelming power stronger than the Holy Right' as [Kamijou Touma] - the alternate meaning of his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post

Yeah, him going with Saten is probably the best option for his health.
Lol, since when has Touma ever gone with the 'best option'? True to his nature, he will continue to make unlucky choices.

To that end, I conclude that Kamijou Touma is the kind of person that would choose whichever girl that will give him the GREATEST hardship !!!
Old 2010-11-11, 23:37   Link #6198
ricaryx

Sorry since the discussion has randomly strayed into romance, I just have to pop up and say that among all of the girls including Mikoto, Index has the highest chances with Touma. I think Touma already likes her, he just couldn't rationalize it due to his memory loss.

Why?

Spoiler:

Regarding the next chapter, I know Touma will never die. I'm not sold on that idea yet.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:40   Link #6199
Plant42

One thing you should know is Kamachi Kazuma himself state in the interview which is in the first official guidebook "To aru Majutsu no Index no Subete" that...

Index is the one whom he want to choose as his lover among all Index characters.
and
Mikoto is the one whom he want to choose as his friend among all Index characters.
Old 2010-11-11, 23:47   Link #6200
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
One thing you should know is Kamachi Kazuma himself state in the interview which is in the first official guidebook "To aru Majutsu no Index no Subete" that...

Index is the one whom he want to choose as his lover among all Index characters.
and
Mikoto is the one whom he want to choose as his friend among all Index characters.
Lol, that only means that Kamachi's ideal girl is Index...

...Somehow he strikes me as an even odd-er person than before with this revelation.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-11-12 at 00:03.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen