AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 11:07   Link #1
videoman190

[PSV/PS3] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

This the latest of the project diva series.

Quote:
The game will officially go on sale August 30th. For more details please check out one of our previous articles here.

*Song list so far:
01.) 「Cat Food」 by doriko
02.) 「World’s End Dancehall」 by wowaka
03.) 「Secret Police」 by BuriruP
04.) 「Melancholic」 by Junky
05.) 「Freely Tomorrow」 by Mitchie M
06.) 「Fire◎Flower」 by halyosy
07.) 「Time Machine」 by 1640mP (164x40mP)
08.) 「DYE」 by AVTechNO
09.) 「Odds & Ends」 by ryo
10.) 「Nostalogic」 by yuukiss
11.) 「Weekender Girl」 by kz
12.) 「Ashes to Ashes」 by tennen
13.) 「Electric Love」 by HachioujiP

Sega USA have brougt a demo to E3 but they are no plans to release the game but if they see enough fan support for a localization, they would be willing to consider it.

there is a petition for thhe game as well http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/h...for-na-release

Last edited by videoman190; 2012-07-01 at 12:46.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:46   Link #2
videoman190

videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 03:09   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Vita....sad...don't own one.

Ah well, at least there's still Diva Arcade.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:04   Link #4
HasuMasu
*Artist

If this ends up getting released outside Japan and I happen to see it in Data Blitz then I'd be glad to get it.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:48   Link #5
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

WOW NOSTALOGIC! Never thought that song would show up again.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 04:02   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

new stuff

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/18...dibly-stylish/

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
If this ends up getting released outside Japan and I happen to see it in Data Blitz then I'd be glad to get it.
well they show it on E3 2012

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 07:29   Link #7
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Reminds me of IDOLM@STER a lot.

E3, huh? That bodes well, I hope it means what I think it does.
Old 2012-07-25, 13:41   Link #8
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
they also say that they will bring it if there is enough fan support

Old 2012-07-25, 14:47   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
That usually means a no. How exactly are they suppose to get fan support if they don't release the game in the west? And I highly doubt importers are considered "enough fan support".

Just like companies saying, "well we didn't release it in the west because there were no fan support for it." But how are people suppose to buy and support a product that has never been released to them.

It would be nice if it did came out in the west, but I feel it's highly unlikely.
petition. just like Dark Soul PC. but we will see

Old 2012-07-25, 14:56   Link #10
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
The consideration came after the success of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls on consoles. Not a very hard choice to make.
but not after the fan petition. before the fan petition. a doubt NB think about Dark soul on PC even if it successful on console

also not forget Wii RPG on NA Fiasco

Old 2012-07-26, 15:28   Link #11
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube

Quote:
The game came out for the consoles in Sept/Oct 2011; Namco/From shipped 1.5 million worldwide. So they already knew this game (Dark Souls) was successful.

The petition started in January 2012. Of course Namco love milking a successful product. What better way than to ask gamers if they're willing to buy it "again" for the PC to get access to better servers, higher res, and possible mods.

I don't follow Wii news, considering I don't own a Wii.

But let's get back on track, this is Sega we're talking about. The same Sega that released Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) which became a sleeper hit and fans desperate for more, only to have it's sequels on the psp. I understand portable gaming is popular in japan and cost less to develop for, but are they just gonna ignore the rest of the world?
again. without Fan petition. i doubt NB care about PC market. Tekken series is very successful (Tekken 6 sold 3M). did NB put it on PC? no, because no one ask for it. of course there is always business decision why they do that since they are money making business after all.

fan petition and support is one of the way to show company that there is market in there that want to buy it. which mean more money to them.

I doubt Diva F cost that much money to localized. in E3 built. all menu is fully translated. put it on PSN if you cannot afford to go to retail. i dont see why this is bad for them

of course at the end is up to sega to decide if they should publish it. i never said they will to begin with. i just said it possible that they do it

Old 2012-07-26, 15:43   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Project Diva is quite awkward to localize though.
It is basically what stops a huge majority of game to be released without an english dub: there is no way they would appeal a large customer base without any "english" versions of every songs they have, even though vocaloid engine is far from being suitable for English output (well, one can argue incoming append versions and all are possible, but current Miku, Kagamine siblings and Luka to some extent aren't really any good).

Even if you expect those who buy the game to be somewhat deep in anime stuff, in general sense, it is really not something that would encourage a developer to localize a game as niche as this one, even if some companies managed to sell titles that are even more risque (Nisa to name one among others).
And considering Sega financial situation being a complete wreck, I don't think they will take such advent any time soon.
Old 2012-07-26, 15:53   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is basically what stops a huge majority of game to be released without an english dub: there is no way they would appeal a large customer base without any "english" versions of every songs they have, even though vocaloid engine is far from being suitable for English output (well, one can argue incoming append versions and all are possible, but current Miku, Kagamine siblings and Luka to some extent aren't really any good).

Even if you expect those who buy the game to be somewhat deep in anime stuff, in general sense, it is really not something that would encourage a developer to localize a game as niche as this one, even if some companies managed to sell titles that are even more risque (Nisa to name one among others).
And considering Sega financial situation being a complete wreck, I don't think they will take such advent any time soon.
They should just do what anime studios do; just have English subtitles and an English distribution website. As in, don't bother try to mass-market it in the West when there isn't a large market anyway. Make it available for English speakers to buy the game from them directly.

As far as I can tell, the only people who would buy the game are those who already know what Project Diva is. So they can just use viral marketing and leave the rest to the internet.

By the way, I haven't heard anything about Sega being in financial trouble. And anyway Miku is one of their profitable properties right now.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-26 at 16:11.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:28   Link #14
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

I doubt is too awkward to localize. This is music game. While it is nice to have English version to understand the music. i don't think it stops anyone to enjoy music, even if they don't understand it. Sega can provide subtitle anyway.

i doubt translation cost of Diva F is expansive. They can easily cover even if thousand is been sold. Assuming it been sold digitally to ignore retail cost (and sega situation is not that bad)

Quote:
Tekken main series is (or was) exclusive to the Playstation.
Demon soul also PS3 exclusives

anyway song complication and yukata costume from winning contest

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...n-promo-posted

YouTube

Old 2012-07-27, 11:16   Link #15
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
They should just do what anime studios do; just have English subtitles and an English distribution website. As in, don't bother try to mass-market it in the West when there isn't a large market anyway. Make it available for English speakers to buy the game from them directly.

As far as I can tell, the only people who would buy the game are those who already know what Project Diva is. So they can just use viral marketing and leave the rest to the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I doubt is too awkward to localize. This is music game. While it is nice to have English version to understand the music. i don't think it stops anyone to enjoy music, even if they don't understand it. Sega can provide subtitle anyway.

i doubt translation cost of Diva F is expansive. They can easily cover even if thousand is been sold. Assuming it been sold digitally to ignore retail cost (and sega situation is not that bad)
Like I said, the target market for PD is a no brainer, but the problem lies elsewhere. I don't agree with the analogy with anime editors selling their licenses without english dubs, as the products themselves are basically cut for anime fans in general, so the lack of dubs is largely less detrimental than for a video game (which is the very reason why you very rarely see any game without any english dubs nowadays).

It isn't really like you need to understand lyrics to enjoy music, but from a marketing and purpose perspective, having completely foreign songs being hardly understandable for those who don't have Japanese knowledge wouldn't work (it will surely bug a lot of people who would like to directly understand what they hear).

Subs and all are obviously not expensive to implement, but you must take in consideration that you don't have much possibility to read the lyrics while playing, which make the purpose a bit moot (while there are lyrics for original JP games, it only supplement what they actually listen already, while foreigners would have to pick the subs thoroughly if they don't get Japanese at all).

In theory, PD is absolutely not difficult to introduce to the western market. In practice, it hardly sounds as profitable as fans might think, from a company perspective.
Of course, since US got a concert in LA last year, it doesn't sound that unreasonable for us. But I can see why Sega is carefully testing the waters first before doing anything (prime example: Miku Flick, and PD f E3 demo). If anything, if Vocaloid 2 series is released in English later as Crypton promised before, that could definitely change their mind.

Quote:
By the way, I haven't heard anything about Sega being in financial trouble. And anyway Miku is one of their profitable properties right now.
Lots of projects being canned for low cut consoles (primary example: Valkyria Chronicle switching to PSP for 2 and 3, without any plan of localization for 3) hints a little bit, but it is more like the recent decision of closing Sega Europe offices left and right that doesn't bode too well.

Generally speaking, Sega franchises are far less healthy than years before, with a tendency of leaving things to team like Sonic Team, which doesn't have its original prime rep nowadays.

That's why I'm not exactly surprised Sega is going full force with sure hit franchises like Project Diva, but at the same time, the company isn't really in a safe position, and recent issues in Europe make things even more complicated. Although I don't think Sega will have any trouble in Japan, it is a complete different matter in the west.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:56   Link #16
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is not like PD design for "western" gamer to begin with. even if somehow they manage to put english version of the song in. i doubt many of normal westerner will look at this game thanks to anime art. pretty sure western miku fan have no problem with sub only

beside this is not first time Sega do sub only game released. Yakuza is and somehow they still localized it

Old 2012-07-27, 12:02   Link #17
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*sigh* Like I said, Miku/PD fans wouldn't have trouble with the game to begin with. The problem lies with the profile of the game for a company that would rather have a larger audience to offset the expense (Marketing cost tons of money, you also have the royalties towards Crypton and also every single composers etc). Again, the whole point is to break through the niche and get more than just "initial anime/miku/PD" fans, to which is unlikely without a proper localization.
That's why I can see why Sega is being cautious about that, which is especially -because- the market isn't for westerner, making the whole deal even less profitable (we aren't talking about making profit per se, as I doubt they would manage to get themselves in the negative side, rather that they would consider the profit not satisfying, a bit how Namco did after Symphonia, before finally returning with Abyss 3DS and Graces).

And no, Yakuza is no evidence whatsoever: it is basically one of the very few exceptions in the whole pool of games from Japan. For each game like Yakuza, you have fairly much more games in dual audio or dub only.
Old 2012-07-27, 16:50   Link #18
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
I know, that's why you haven't seen Demon's Souls on anything but the PS3. Dark Souls on the other hand is not exclusive to the PS3 because Sony doesn't own the rights, unlike Demon's Souls.
then what stop tekken being on PC? only reason that i can think is that little to no fan ask for it

Old 2012-07-27, 17:08   Link #19
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
then what stop tekken being on PC? only reason that i can think is that little to no fan ask for it
fighting games had never been popular on PC. You need a game pad at a minimum to play properly, and of course ideally a joystick. So the main market had always being consoles.
Old 2012-07-27, 17:30   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
fighting games had never been popular on PC. You need a game pad at a minimum to play properly, and of course ideally a joystick. So the main market had always being consoles.
well no denying that. but if there is enough fan that one tekken on PC. pretty sure NB will do it.