AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 09:26   Link #981
macdawson

HD version
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler:
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 09:34   Link #982
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, that's some serious classic Japanese singing there. And I'm all sorts of Yamato win in that preview.

Some old nostalgic material from original Yamato coming back.

More KodaixYuki.

Character focus for Analyzer? I can't help but chuckle at that..

I couldn't help but laugh a little at Kodai's echoing "WE'LL COME BACK HOME!" for some reason.

And some HAWT Yamamoto fanservice.

*drools*

...........oh right, some Yamamoto character focus too.
Old 2012-08-25, 10:49   Link #983
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm. So many things.

Spoiler for Episode preview stuff:

The Gamilas warpout is different from the Earth warpout. Aside from the red in it, there is also that spiral effect.

I'm not sure if all the scenes are finished. The scene with the Type 100 recon craft seems uncomplete somehow. Though maybe that is because I am trying to place where on the ship that is and why there is so much curve to the hull openning.

It does look like Yamato will get into a proper fight with the Gamilas fleet. No telling how or where though.

Of course this is basically a minute and a half out of 100 minutes of episodes. They have a lot of room to shift things around.
Old 2012-08-25, 15:26   Link #984
August138

Spoiler for CHAPTER 3 PREVIEW:
Old 2012-08-25, 15:58   Link #985
macdawson

The hangar is seen on episode 6 but from the inside with no hint as to where on the ship it is. Here, we can finaly see the hangar open and its location. That's what i meant.

You might be right about the holography room since that looks like a room like the ones shown on Earth in episodes 1 and 2 (though i doubt it would rain in the underground cities).

I doubt that they would shift the focus of episode 7 from the goodbyes to Earth to capturing an enemy pilot... but then, this show has thrown a couple curve ball so far so i guess anything is possible.

Last edited by macdawson; 2012-08-26 at 03:14.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 16:28   Link #986
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
The hangar is seen on episode 6 but from the inside with no hint as to where on the ship it is. Here, we can finaly see the hangar open and its location. That's what i meant.
I see.

Quote:
You mught be right about the holography room since that looks like a room like the ones shown on Earth in episodes 1 and 2 (though i doubt it would rain in the underground cities).
Remember, the Earth was not bombed until 2191... Plus, there's no way a room on the Yamato looks like this, with rain outside the window, even. This scene must be set in the Holography Room.

Quote:
I doubt that they would shift the focus of episode 7 from the goodbyes to Earth to capturing an enemy pilot... but then, this show has thrown a couple curve ball so far so i guess anything is possible.
After what has transpired in the first six episodes, I don't think it's a stretch; the synopsis already states that while the crew is saying their goodbyes, there is a non-human among the crew — that's exactly what this is (it has to be, to fit into the next four story synopses).
Old 2012-08-25, 18:44   Link #987
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is also Episode ten where they are trapped with that other Gamilas ship. That pilot could be from their.

Though if the fighter or whatever craft is not a Gamilas ship the Humans have seen, they might not learn until late she is a Gamilas.
Old 2012-08-25, 20:09   Link #988
August138

I'm not stabbing in the dark; my information comes from a reliable source. We'll see how it pans out.
Old 2012-08-26, 12:35   Link #989
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. More condensing if that is the case. Though that also means the Orta plot will not be as close to the captured pilot plot from the original, if they us that part of the plot with this female pilot and her interaction with Yamamoto.

Though I wonder about that. Since they have more crew to show off in communicating with Earth, plus possibly Yamato Radio to show off, will there be time for a Gamilas subplot? As I recall the original was one of the few episodes that nothing exploded. There was no fighting, just character development.
Old 2012-08-26, 13:48   Link #990
August138

That all changes. As Supervising Director Izubuchi said, after episode 6, everything changes. But, that seems par for course with 2199. So, we shall see; we already know that the "Farewell to Earth" episode, already has a subplot of "one amongst them is not human".
Old 2012-08-26, 14:35   Link #991
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From the preview, I get the feeling they will use the winged Gamilas ship to open a small hole into the edge of the dimensional sea they are in, and then blow it up with the Wave Motion Gun to get free. Or perhaps they will use one of the many other dead ships in there for that and then use the Gamilas ship to tow Yamato out through the rift.

I saw this because it looks like thre is a target that Yamato fire at to open the rift.

If they use the Gamilas ship to escape,they would (probably) have to take the crew off. If they just both use their own traits to helf both ships escape, than the Gamilas ship can go off on its own as a "friend", or at least a ship that will hesitate to fire later on. (Allies for Earth on such a long trip into the heart of the Empire might be worth it).

(Pixiv artist are fast)

(source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=29655860)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-08-26 at 15:55. Reason: Artist conception of the "new or possibly old" Gamilas warship
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 05:06   Link #992
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Finally a release date for the first OST

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-15248
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:21   Link #993
August138

Oh yeah, that was announced last week, and was reported over on the Official Star Blazers Website's Facebook page, and my blog. Here's Amazon Japan's link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B008YINR6E
Old 2012-08-27, 19:49   Link #994
GundamFan0083

Wow is a that ship a variant of the Gamilas Battlecruiser or is it an entirely new design?

Looks interesting what ever type it is.
Old 2012-08-27, 20:48   Link #995
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The drawing of it reminds me of a mix of Gamilas and Galman designs, but that might just be because of the artist rather than the actual CG model.

macdawson already screencapped the preview, so these are from his set of images.

Being so heavy into sci-fi ships, I am very curious about this ship.
Old 2012-08-28, 13:36   Link #996
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

The Yamato is AWFULLY close to what looks like a hostile Gamilon ship. The Yamato agreeing to parley work with some party in the next episodes?

would explain hot alien pilot ace being onboard the Yamato.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:53   Link #997
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Likely they need each other to escape wherever they are (sort of like the Animated Star Trek episode "The Time Trap" which aired in 1973.)
Old 2012-08-28, 16:17   Link #998
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Likely they need each other to escape wherever they are (sort of like the Animated Star Trek episode "The Time Trap" which aired in 1973.)
...if a Gamilon commander agreed to that deal, then they must have not had ANY idea how dangerous the Yamato was as a warship.

The Yamato is such an overt threat to the Gamilon civilization that it's pretty much dereliction of duty to not pursue a surefire way of destroying it...even if that means the total loss of a single ship. It'd be like a US Navy ship cooperating with an enemy boomer submarine that they KNEW was going to launch dozens of MIRV's at America. The severity of the threat posed by ship makes stopping the threat more important than what pursuit of self preservation military discipline normally allows.
Old 2012-08-28, 16:31   Link #999
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We don't know the situation. That Gamilon commander might not either. Earth, as far as most of Gamilon knows, does not have faster than light capable ships. The Humans don't know they are heading into the heart of the Empire, and the Gamilons probably don't know what a Yamato is yet. I imagine this Gamilon ship may have been in wherevere they are from before Yamato launched, so it would have no idea of anything that has happened to Pluto and the like.

So it would be more like a temporal displaced World War II American heavy cruiser helping a 1970s Soviet boomer out of the ice field they were both caught in. The Americans would either think the ship is a new weapon to use against the Germans, or just something else. The Soviet sub might not be on a mission to take out Washington, D.C., (they are on their way to Cuba) but those orders might come after this event and the Americans could stop them here.

The Gamilon ship may have no idea what has happened on the outside for a while now.

Spoiler for Wild idea:
Old 2012-08-28, 17:00   Link #1000
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

As I said. If they had ANY idea of what the Yamato was.

The Yamato's particular mission at the moment doesn't make it any less of a threat either. Even if they can get to Iscandar without running into Gamilon space...the Gamilons have to assume the first thing earth leadership will do is order the Yamato to initiate offensive operations into Gamilon space. They're still a threat, and the Yamato is the only offensive option.

There are really only three ways this scenario can end.

-The Gamilons decide to sue for peace
-The Yamato annihilates Gamilon civilization
-The Yamato is destroyed

...of course if the Iscandar earth rescue operation fails, then the Gamilons and the grief stricken Yamato crew are stuck with the last two options, aren't they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So it would be more like a temporal displaced World War II American heavy cruiser helping a 1970s Soviet boomer out of the ice field they were both caught in. The Americans would either think the ship is a new weapon to use against the Germans, or just something else. The Soviet sub might not be on a mission to take out Washington, D.C., (they are on their way to Cuba) but those orders might come after this event and the Americans could stop them here.
Not quite a good analogy, considering the open state of war between Earth and Gamilas.

It'd be more like...The Soviet Union invading a small and obscure land locked country...who through convoluted means gain access to a boomer submarine, and they plan to use that to nuke the USSR. They and a soviet destroyer get caught in an ice-field, and not knowing that they're enemies armed with nukes, agree to help each-other out.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato