AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 08:53   Link #81
Yakumo<3
Onigiri Faction FTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Comparing SR to other series is like comparing a banana with an Apple.

Btw, Oreimo is awesome in its own way. Read the novels and you will see(novels are better than the anime adaptation).
If I may ask, is Oreimo a work of JK??
Yakumo<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 00:51   Link #82
CaptainSmoker

It would be awesome if KJ made a short 20-50 manga mini series focusing on Harima, eri and Yakumo. Maybe they finally go to Britain to confront shawn. Or a mini future rumble saga after a 5 year time skip or something since its been almost 3-4 years since SRz ended.

That School Rumble ending was weak... SRZ ending was good but lacked punch.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 02:03   Link #83
hchop

Didn't like SRZ much. Felt and looked like an afterthought.
hchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 03:56   Link #84
Yakumo<3
Onigiri Faction FTW!!

Dittos for both of you. For KJ to end the SR series with a bad one, it made a bad impression to all of us SR fanatics. I think he's off the grid so to speak so we wouldn't really know what he's doing right now. I do hope he's secretly making a continuation for SR and somehow it would give the readers a good ending that we've been wanting..
Old 2013-08-31, 20:06   Link #85
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakumo<3 View Post
If I may ask, is Oreimo a work of JK??
No, it's definitely not. It was just a point of conversation to bring up, especially after watching that show.

Damn, I find it so hard to rewatch SR nowadays. I remember after season 1 finished, I rewatched the show countless times. Probably after season 2 too. But once all was said and done, and I finally read the manga to finish the story (along with the OVAs), I just can't go back. That's the case with some of my favourite shows, but those tend to have sad endings. With SR, I enjoyed the characters so much, that I genuinely felt lonely when it ended. I don't want to go through that again, hah.
Old 2013-09-03, 09:28   Link #86
Yakumo<3
Onigiri Faction FTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
No, it's definitely not. It was just a point of conversation to bring up, especially after watching that show.

Damn, I find it so hard to rewatch SR nowadays. I remember after season 1 finished, I rewatched the show countless times. Probably after season 2 too. But once all was said and done, and I finally read the manga to finish the story (along with the OVAs), I just can't go back. That's the case with some of my favourite shows, but those tend to have sad endings. With SR, I enjoyed the characters so much, that I genuinely felt lonely when it ended. I don't want to go through that again, hah.
Exactly what I did and felt after watching SR for the first time. Even though it's Jap's not my native tongue, I really got accustomed to the 2nd season's opening song and I really try my best every time I sing it without listening to the song. SR's really got me attached to it. Sad to say that SR just ended like that. Right now, I just finished watching Ah! My Goddess and came to like the mangaka because for so long, he's still continuing the manga. I kinda wanted JK to be like AMG's mangaka so that the fun would continue. But sadly, he isn't. Although I'm not comparing their works, it would be awesome if JK still continued SR. The story's still so far from over for Harima. Though in the first place he wanted Tenma to be the MC.
Old 2013-12-24, 20:55   Link #87
Kilmore

Now he's working on something called Houkagu Mashi Mashi Kurabu. It looks like Kobayashi's just handling the art duties, while somebody named Meguro Hibari is doing the writing. And it's being published in Jump Live, which I guess is a cell phone app?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=106591
Kilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:27   Link #88
Solafighter
Hige

The left one looks a bit like Yakumo.
Old 2013-12-29, 20:29   Link #89
Sphire

Maybe this image will work. But yea, KJ just as an artist doesn't really do anything for me. And maybe I remember wrong but the chick on the left looks like a mix of Yakumo and Arashi.
Old 2013-12-31, 23:43   Link #90
Kilmore

There's always a girl that looks something like Yakumo. And if there isn't, he'll just add Yakumo.
Kilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 17:37   Link #91
canza

Only thing that has helped me cope with SR ending is/was Yankee-kun to Megane chan(which also had a bad ending, just my luck) and Yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo. KJ! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, CONTINUE SOMETHING WITH SCHOOL RUMBLE! I seriously want to write a fan letter to him........but no idea how.
Old 2014-02-04, 02:30   Link #92
hchop

This guy's explanation about anime romance may explain the abrupt ending, and perhaps why a lot of romantic anime end terribly or rushed:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...bie-apocalypse
hchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 03:20   Link #93
Sphire

Damn, no news whatsoever? I'm just, slowly losing hope. Heck, I'd be happy with anything new from KJ, just because him being active means other things are more likely. As it is, oh man, sadness.

Sorry, just had a random moment and needed to burst out.
Old 2014-08-17, 21:57   Link #94
G.o.S
~desu♥

I've just listened to Yakumo's theme and Ginga Ensen and so much nostalgic feeling are coming back to me ;_;
Old 2014-08-19, 06:51   Link #95
kyo2014

jin kobayashi is making a doujin visual novel now
but it is not related to school rumble
kyo2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 22:20   Link #96
sakura125
~ Oudou Faction ~

SR Forever

been doing SR re-runs for the nth time. I still love this series. and still hoping KJ will continue SR in the future.
Old 2015-06-28, 14:29   Link #97
Sphire

I was having a quick look at some manga to read and noticed Natsu No Arahi! getting a couple chapters newly translated. A few have come out this year. It would be awesome cool if whoever is doing it finishes it. It's up to chapter 30 now and there's only 50 overall (I think).

Not sure if I'd like the manga as much as the anime (which even then, took me a few eps to start liking), but generally JK provides awesome characters, and I want to see how it ends.

Not strictly SR news, and nothing really new from JK, but I hadn't been here in a while either so thought I'd stop by, and see nothing new has come about. Sad but expected.
Old 2015-08-10, 22:40   Link #98
mafiastasher2

Hi all. This past week I've been taking a trip down memory lane and looking back at this series that I haven't seen in 7 years. (I even see a couple of posts I made way back when.)

Anyways, I was just wondering. Does anyone know what caused the "time skip" in the raw discussion thread from Dec 2004 to Dec 2005? I was enjoying following the reactions in the thread as I read, but was disappointed when they suddenly got cut off right as the cultural festival arc was about to kick off. I don't suppose those missing replies still exist in another thread (heck, I'm amazed this forum itself is still around even if the imageshack embeds didn't quite make it), but I was curious enough to make this post.

Maybe I'll come back in a couple months to check for a reply.

Edit: It also seems that the Season 1 anime thread abruptly stops in the middle of the series on Jan 4 2005. Did animesuki get hit by a nuke that year or something?

Last edited by mafiastasher2; 2015-08-10 at 22:45. Reason: Update
mafiastasher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 18:33   Link #99
hideki408

I really loved this serious I still harima ended up with yakumo does anyone know if all the school rumble manga have been released in english? or did they cancel it?
hideki408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 11:35   Link #100
yakumo-chan

I miss the people whom i was talking here before about school rumble, ah memories...